Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ancient man

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: ancient man

Cyclops,

I stand corrected in that flint is seen in many parts of the Old Testament which I should have remembered but didn't. I don't have any excuses. What I will say though is that cutting a foreskin is quite different from cutting finger and toenails which i can imagine being quite a messy business.

Concerning the Bible it is never wrong nor does it suggest that we never seek medical help as my body can testify to. In fact we had three medical doctors in our congregation sadly no longer with us as they moved to other practices and areas. As for seeing who lives longer between us I'm afraid that having such a head start I won't be around to see how long you live. Take advice from this old man and don't put God to the test.

enoch,

I'm not on these threads to be popular, rather to contend for the word of God where I see it mocked. If anyone has benefitted from anything I have written to me that can only be a good thing especially if God's blessings have fallen on them.

Indefinitely Banned

how sad would it be if your shallow basic fundamentalist creed was the true and only Logos

a tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    how sad would it be if your shallow basic fundamentalist creed was the true and only Logos

a tragedy
    enoch,

Did Jesus not say that the path to eternal life is so narrow that few get in? " No man can come to Me except the Father draws him and no man may come to the Father except by Me." More words from what you call a narrow fundamentalist Logos.

Jesus knew all about narrow places. Some of dem disciples were super tight.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Jesus knew all about narrow places. Some of dem disciples were super tight.
    Gromovnik,

Once again you talk in riddles so can you elaborate more clearly?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post

a tragedy
    Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    enoch,

Did Jesus not say that the path to eternal life is so narrow that few get in? " No man can come to Me except the Father draws him and no man may come to the Father except by Me." More words from what you call a narrow fundamentalist Logos.
    As you can see I called it shallow not narrow. This is why books like the Bible, particularly the King James Version (which was changed in major ways after the 1st edition itself because of bad translation), need to be understood in the earliest versions. Between one post and another key truths are lost and with translations of the Bible we have thousands of years after the original so many translations of translations Christians today are worshiping something wholly bastardized from culture and history not the eternal word that is Christ. There are 10 plus different English Versions of the Bible alone.

Poor lost souls who are following a word shaped by sinful men. I pray for them.

enoch,

Aye there are and yet the one that beats every known publication of any sort is the KJV. So my friend, who do you pray to for the poor lost souls of which you seem to have no idea as to who they are? Could it be Peter or Mohammed as they are your champions?

Praeses

Cyclops,

I stand corrected in that flint is seen in many parts of the Old Testament which I should have remembered but didn't. I don't have any excuses. What I will say though is that cutting a foreskin is quite different from cutting finger and toenails which i can imagine being quite a messy business.
    Don't underestimate our ancestors, they were very skilled in the use of flints. Good on you for going back to your scripture, there is something there for all of us.

Concerning the Bible it is never wrong nor does it suggest that we never seek medical help as my body can testify to. In fact we had three medical doctors in our congregation sadly no longer with us as they moved to other practices and areas. As for seeing who lives longer between us I'm afraid that having such a head start I won't be around to see how long you live. Take advice from this old man and don't put God to the test.
    It is hubris and arrogance on my part to suggest we test God, and I will get the reward I deserve I suspect.

That said God does test us. Look at poor Job. His children slain, his servants enslaved, all to prove he was a devoted follower of God. Unfathomable cruelty it seems to me.

I accept we experience pain in order to grow, of course, as my little son explained once. True story, he stated bluntly he "knew everything", so I asked him (playfully but also teasing) "why does Gods allow pain?" and he answered "its an adventure" or words to that effect, which floored me. He was quite right too, pain is part of many positive processes (eg being born, most babies scream like they were forced through a narrow canal that squeezed the **** out of them, because they were).

Maybe our exchanges are God testing you...or me.

However I do not see one word in the bible about Chemotherapy.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Cyclops,

Aren't kids wonderful alongside being little monsters? I remember our youngest dismantling anything that he could especially if it had wingnuts as his changing table had with its changing top and three tables below.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Gromovnik,

Just thinking one day when cutting my nails I wondered how in the evolutionary pattern we went from amoeba to fish and from there to land animals with finger and toe nails especially with no method of cutting them. So, as all hobbled about with long nails hands and feet someone across the creation divide said why not bite them off? That's science at work even in primitive man. Of course it had to take billions of years for that to come about but that's alright because science is never wrong. Isn't it funny though that despite science we have never developed a method where we don't have to trim our nails?
    Err Basics it is religions that claim "because ...never wrong", science is simply the logical and rational attempt to explain the nature. Its full errors for any number of the reasons people are imperfect and of course always likely to be altered with new technology (providing new data) or hither to fore undiscovered evidence and than discard what was wrong and move on.

Again before shoes or gloves your nails (and soft jobs that typing all day) would keep growing because you would keep breaking and them or abrading them or drop something heavy on you foot hand one more drop off and have too wait a while to get one back. Compare my Daughter has rescue cat that she dearly lovers and it adores her and her alone. I kid you not nobody else can pick her cat up. And not even she can cut its claws. In the 7 years of the cats life have its claws ever grown round back into paws. Nope the scratching post she loves and the odd indecent of getting stuck on the carpet or playing with a toy serve to remove continuous growth.
    Last edited by conon394; June 17, 2021 at 01:04 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

I think you're missing the point here because I'm not talking of Biblical man who only exists for some six thousand plus years, rather ancient man who many think abode this planet hundreds of thousands of years ago. I can see them hobbling around in their own filth yet I cannot prove that any more than you can prove they actually existed.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I think you're missing the point here because I'm not talking of Biblical man who only exists for some six thousand plus years, rather ancient man who many think abode this planet hundreds of thousands of years ago. I can see them hobbling around in their own filth yet I cannot prove that any more than you can prove they actually existed.
    That the point I was supposed to take an OP on how people pre-historical nail care in your OP. The evidence various Homanids predating 6000 years is fairly overwhelming. By various methods for both H Sapiens, H Neanderthals and (H) Denisovans...

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

Fairly overwhelming is not good enough since it cannot be proved.

conon394,

Fairly overwhelming is not good enough since it cannot be proved.
    Poor choice of words than - it is fact easy to prove all the hominids I noted existed well before the 6000 young earth time line via multiple different vectors of evidence- is that better?

conon394,

So, prove it!

What exactly please. Considering we reached this point based on you speculating about nail care? DO to simply provide the evidence that hominids existed more 6000 years ago, 10,000 years or 50,000 years ago? what?

So I am not sure what you want but quickly and easily... PLOS ONE

Skull and charcoal from and undistributed site radio carbon date ~11200 +/- 200 BP.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0024024
    Last edited by conon394; June 19, 2021 at 08:01 AM.

conon394,

God created the earth and its surrounds only some six thousand plus years ago in six literal days. He made it an up and running system and so since He was there and no scientists were it follows that whatever science thinks it knows about creation it cannot prove God to be wrong.

conon394,

God created the earth and its surrounds only some six thousand plus years ago in six literal days. He made it an up and running system and so since He was there and no scientists were it follows that whatever science thinks it knows about creation it cannot prove God to be wrong.
    Than I can prove nothing to you since you put your faith in the words of one religion and ignore observable facts. Who observed and impartiality reported this supposed creation.
    Last edited by conon394; June 19, 2021 at 05:00 PM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

The Compilation of the Bible began in the 8 century BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

So its obviously no eyewitness report.

But i guess this is a pointless discussion, as you can't discuss with a religious fanatic.

Neither with an ISIS terrorist nor an christian fundamentalist.

Both want to force their world views on others, if necessarily violently (look what happened in puritan Salem or Chromwells puritan dictatorship in Great Britain and the purges against Catholics in Ireland).
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast