Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 098 teaser: REGIONAL BUILDINGS by JoC

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Icon14 098 teaser: REGIONAL BUILDINGS by JoC

Guys,
    In the next version of the SSHIP - 098 - there will be a few buildings that are limited in their geographical availability but can usually be built by any faction.

I. Chude Settlements - it will be available from the start in 16 northern provinces, but then will be slowly disbanded after the build-up of those northern provinces. It will be possible to rebuild them in 12 provinces, but it would be very lengthy (even if cheap) process.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

II. Rus Monastery - regional building in the Rus lands (14 provinces - any Orthodox faction can build them), and for the Rus factions elsewhere), providing Orthodox religion, some law/happiness, and a bit of trade. Three upper levels are unique buildings for: Novgorod, Pskov, Kiev. The one in Novgorod enables crowning of the Faction Leader.

III. Hansa Teutonica - available around the Baltic sea; it replaces the Hanseatic guild building. Available for all factions. The levels are unlocked gradually, with the flow of historical events (many are dependent on the player or the course of the events, eg. the first level happens when the independent Stetin and Lubice are conquered by catholic factions). Here is the graph taking into account the recent modifications.

IV. Stavkirke - available in Scandinavia (first two levels are buildable by any Catholic faction), and also as a factional building for Norway (ie: it can built it everywhere). Incurs little costs while providing some law for any Catholic faction and for Norway increasing regeneration of the recruitment pools for the unit Bondir.

V. Var (i.e. Hungarian Castle) - regional building in Hungary and Sebia (13 provinces - any Catholic faction can build them), and for the Hungarian faction everywhere), providing some law and trade, as well as the Seargents units. The last level is the unique building for Hungary to be build in the capital. It enables crowning of the Faction Leader.

VI. Kaiserpfalz - buildable only by HRR in Central and Western Europe.

VII. Palazzo
    - available only in Italy, buildable only by Pisa, Venice and the Papal States. The higher levels are unlocked after Dante is born (it is a historical event at the end of 13th century). It is incompatible with the Norman Stronghold (ie only either can exist in one province). Cities of Venice and Milan have their own top levels, while the other cities use the generic pic of Palazzo Vecchio from Florence, as to be seen below.

VIII. Norman Strongholds - it is also called "South Italian building" as it is about the Norman settlements in South Italy that historically started in 1st part of 11th century but florished in 12-13th centuries. It provides units and various benefits. The basice levels are buildable by the Sicily faction in all Italian provinces, while certain other factions can build them in South Italy. The three unique levels ("wonders") are obviously buildable only in certain provinces.
    (mind that the text descriptions are yet to be drafted)

Previously, in the SSHIP there's a wonder Palermo Cathedral, that was completely unhistorical. The first modification was turning that wonder into Palazzo dei Normanni, then adding a second layer Castello, and only then the chain evolved in modding into a regional building.

IX. Alkazar - available in the Iberic Peninnsula and in Maghrib. Build mainly by the Moors, but also by the Iberic Catholic factions. There are 2 base levels and 7 province-specific buidings (Aljaferia in Zaragoza, Gardens and Castle in Granada, Alkazar of Toledo, Lisbon, Fes, Tunis).

I still need to make a presentation and draft texts for the buildings. It is also likely that there will be modifications of the unique buildings (a special alcazar is needed in Marrakush!).

X. Ksar - available in 8 Maghrib provinces, buildable there by all factions, while the Moors can build it anywhere. It provides Berber units, trade, and population growth.

XI. Oasis - available in 9 desert provinces, providing trade, units and population growth. It somehow compensates the inability to build farms and roads in those provinces.

XII. Holy Place - available in 20(?) Middle Eastern, Arabian and Egyptian provinces, providing law, happiness, trade, and population growth. Buildable by the Muslim factions.

There're also other buildings that already are in the game, are faction-limited or with strings attached but de facto regional buildings:

XV. Bullring - only for 3 factions; will be made available for every faction but limited geographically (only Iberian Penninsula)

XVI. Italian Traders - available for Italian factions, iirc, to be reviewed.

XVII. Slavemarket - in certains provinces in the East and Africa, to be reviewed. They increase the supply of the Muslim units recruited from the slaves.

XVIII. Silk Road (Caravans) - in certains provinces in the East, to be reviewed.

I have plans for other regional building, but I don't know when (or if) they'd be made:

?. Turbe (i.e. Turkish Noble Graveyard) - available for the Turkish factions (Rum, Seljuks) accross the world.

?. Berd (i.e. Caucasian stronghold) - available in the Caucasus but also in the Armenian Highlands - will provide Armenian units and possibly other benefits.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 21, 2023 at 09:12 AM.

Default Re: 098 teaser: REGIONAL BUILDINGS

Here is an example that the buildings are being improved from version to version, also graphically.

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 27, 2023 at 02:23 PM.

Woow i love this Jurand! I love see unique units/buildings in the mod, is pretty inmersive and historical! I would like see also in a future jewish neighborhoods and italians colonies...

About norman strongholds, do you think that also is for english faction? As Normandy region or south England... They also were norman people ( regnum norman-anglorum)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Jurand, iirc, italian traders now in the game also is available for other non-italian factions, as for example byzantines, Jerusalem, castilians... Maybe Have they hidden resource in several regions?

As proposal for slavemarkets i would like see that in these buildings can recruit some "slave" units, maybe african/black soldiers? Ghulams/mamluks?

-for caravans or silk road is a good idea hire desert troops as bedouins but also would be good make a new unit more asiatic called "silk guards" similar to other mods as vainilla beyond but i dont know if it is historical...

-for italian traders you know my previous proposal in 3 levels with italians units ( marinae, italian crossbows, italian merchant cavalry)

I like so much this regional buildings in the game, give more flavour and unique buildings to the game
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: MOST RECENT FILES and info on who's currently working on what

As version 098 has not yet been released, I take this opportunity to add my latest addition:
    Chude militia + its upgrade (to meet Jurand's request who found this unit too richly protected)

Not all have axes and fight with a large knife.

In upgrade, some are lucky to have a little chainmail and their heads are better protected.

In my plans I have also other buildings, but nobody knows when they'd be made:
    IV. Desert Qasr - available only in 8 desert provinces, providing trade, units and population growth. It will somewhat compensate the inability to build farms and roads in those provinces.
    V. Berd (i.e. Caucasian stronghold) - available in the Caucasus but also in the Armenian Highlands - will provide Armenian units and possibly other benefits.

There're also other buildings that already are in the game, are faction-limited or with strings attached but de facto regional buildings:

VI. Bullring - only for 3 factions; will be made available for every faction but limited geographically (only Iberian Penninsula)

VII. Slavemarket - in certains provinces in the East, to be reviewed.

VIII. Silk Road (Caravans) - in certains provinces in the East, to be reviewed.

IX. Italian Traders - available for Italian factions, iirc, to be reviewed.

Hi Jurand, Regarding the latest regional buildings, have you had time to improve or revise them? If you want I can give you ideas like the ones I told you a long time ago about the Italian colonies ...
    These regional buildings together with the wonders or unique buildings make the mod even more unique and fun.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Not really.
    If you'd find photos of something that can stand for a Bull Race Festival (upper level of a bullring) and can be re-done to a pic, post it here.

Icon13 Re: 098 teaser: REGIONAL BUILDINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Not really.
    If you'd find photos of something that can stand for a Bull Race Festival (upper level of a bullring) and can be re-done to a pic, post it here.
    ok I hope your wishes come true ... these are 2 images of "bullfighting festivities" through the cities in medieval times.
    In spanish would be " Festivales Taurinos" or " Encierros Taurinos" similar to the super famous "Sanfermines" in Pamplona(Spain). Typical spanish haha

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanfermines
    https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encierro_(tauromaquia)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images (1).jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	365320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corrida-Toros-Benavente.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	365321
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Ei Jurand, do you have some news about your great building work for next release?for example for your list of June of regional buildings... Or improvement in old buildings as slavemarkets, italian traders, bullring, silk roads...
    looking forward to seeing the new improvements in the next version of sship !!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Guys, so another chain for the regional buildings is for the Rus factions. First 4 levels are buildable for the two factions everywhere, while it's possible for the other Orthodox factions to build them in the Rus lands (hidden resources russia and kievian_rus). The three unique buildings are buildable only in Kiev, Novgorod, Pskov.

I'm actually thinking of making this building an "Orthodox" one - available for all those factions everywhere. Maybe I'd tweak it in the future. I have also two additional unique buildings in mind - Kirill Monastery in Rostow province, and one of Vladimirs' / Moscow's in Suzdal province. Some re-touch of the pics is to be expected as well, and as usual.

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 19, 2021 at 08:25 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: 098 teaser: REGIONAL BUILDINGS by JoC

Perfect !

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Jurand, iirc, italian traders now in the game also is available for other non-italian factions, as for example byzantines, Jerusalem, castilians... Maybe Have they hidden resource in several regions?

As proposal for slavemarkets i would like see that in these buildings can recruit some "slave" units, maybe african/black soldiers? Ghulams/mamluks?

-for caravans or silk road is a good idea hire desert troops as bedouins but also would be good make a new unit more asiatic called "silk guards" similar to other mods as vainilla beyond but i dont know if it is historical...

-for italian traders you know my previous proposal in 3 levels with italians units ( marinae, italian crossbows, italian merchant cavalry)

I like so much this regional buildings in the game, give more flavour and unique buildings to the game
    Hello Jurand, about buildings that already are in the game, as bullring, slavemarkets, italian traders ... Do you have some ideas in mind? I think that my previous proposals are good ideas for help you and make the work easier...
    What do you think?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Hello Jurand, about buildings that already are in the game, as bullring, slavemarkets, italian traders ... Do you have some ideas in mind? I think that my previous proposals are good ideas for help you and make the work easier...
    What do you think?
    Hi j.a.luna!
    I'm thinking hard, but for the moment I'm preoccupied with something in your region. This is a teaser:

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi j.a.luna!
    I'm thinking hard, but for the moment I'm preoccupied with something in your region. This is a teaser:
    HI JURAND! mmm
    what are these buildings?? i think that is Alhambra wonder but it is regional building thread... maybe some borderlands buildings for Iberia? Alcázar??

For the rest of regional buildings if you need some opinion or ideas tell me, i can offer you some documents and ideas for make easier your work, as for example transform the Italian traders into Italian commercial districts (representing the Venetian, Genoese and Pisan colonies) into the different commercial enclaves they had during the Middle Ages in numerous places

THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Default Re: 098 teaser: WONDERS (or unique buildings)

Guys,
    this building is a regional building for Scandinavia, or rather factional building for Norway.
    It is not indispensable to play, it's an addition. It will be included in the next version of the SSHIP given that I was late with it for the recent, September's version.
    It is buildable:
    - by everybody in 4 Norwegian provinces (lvls 1-2), Denmark can build lvl3
    - by Norway everywhere (lvls 1-3)
    - the highest level only in Bergen by Norway.
    I hesitated if it shouldn't be available in the whole Scandinavia, and if it shouldn't be a factional building for Denmark (at least as a stop-gap solution, until I'd come out with something Danish-specific). What do you think?

Code:
    ;==================================================================================================================================;===================   Stavkirke 1 (Village Stavkirke)   ==========================================================================
    ;==================================================================================================================================

stavkirke1 requires event_counter dummy 1 or not building_present_min_level rus_monastery rus_monastery_1enclosure and factions { norway, } or factions { denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, } and not building_present_min_level rus_monastery rus_monastery_1enclosure and hidden_resource norway
        {
          convert_to 0	
          capability
          {
    		law_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { norway, denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, kievan_rus, russia, byzantium, georgia, serbia, }
    		happiness_bonus bonus 1 requires not event_counter is_the_player 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { norway, denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, }

recruit_pool "Bondir"		0   0.04	0  0  requires factions { norway, } and hidden_resource norway
            recruit_pool "Axe Militia"	0   0.04	0  0  requires factions { norway, } and not hidden_resource norway

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    	; UPKEEP/INCOME	0
          }
          material wooden
          construction  3
          cost  1000
          settlement_min village
          upgrades
          {
    	  stavkirke2
          }
        }
    ;==================================================================================================================================
    ;===================   Stavkirke 2 (Town Stavkirke)   =============================================================================

stavkirke2 requires event_counter dummy 1 or not building_present_min_level rus_monastery rus_monastery_1enclosure and factions { norway, } or factions { denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, } and not building_present_min_level rus_monastery rus_monastery_1enclosure and hidden_resource norway
        {
          convert_to 1	
          capability
          {
    		law_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { norway, denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, kievan_rus, russia, byzantium, georgia, serbia, }

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { norway, denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, }

recruit_pool "Bondir"		0   0.06	0  0  requires factions { norway, } and hidden_resource norway
            recruit_pool "Axe Militia"	0   0.06	0  0  requires factions { norway, } and not hidden_resource norway

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    	; UPKEEP/INCOME	0
          }
          material wooden
          construction  4
          cost  2000
          settlement_min town
          upgrades
          {
    	  stavkirke3
          }
        }
    ;===================   Stavkirke 3 (Jarl's Stavkirke)   ===========================================================================

stavkirke3 requires event_counter dummy 1 or not building_present_min_level rus_monastery rus_monastery_1enclosure and factions { norway, } or factions { denmark, } and not building_present_min_level rus_monastery rus_monastery_1enclosure and hidden_resource norway
        {
          convert_to 2
          capability
          {
    		law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { norway, denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, kievan_rus, russia, byzantium, georgia, serbia, }

religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { norway, denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, }

recruit_pool "Bondir"		0   0.08	0  0  requires factions { norway, } and hidden_resource norway
            recruit_pool "Axe Militia"	0   0.08	0  0  requires factions { norway, } and not hidden_resource norway

agent diplomat 0 requires factions { norway, }
            agent_limit diplomat 1 requires factions { norway, }

; UPKEEP/INCOME	0
          }
          material wooden
          construction  5
          cost  3500
          settlement_min large_town
          upgrades
          {
    	  stavkirke4
          }
        }
    ;===================   Stavkirke 4 (Konungr's Stavkirke)   ========================================================================

stavkirke4 requires factions { norway, denmark, } and hidden_resource norway and hidden_resource capital and not building_present_min_level rus_monastery rus_monastery_1enclosure
        {
          convert_to 3
          capability
          {
    		law_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { norway, denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, kievan_rus, russia, byzantium, georgia, serbia, }

religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { norway, denmark, scotland, england, hre, france, jerusalem, pisa, venice, sicily, aragon, spain, portugal, hungary, poland, }

recruit_pool "Bondir"		0   0.10	0  0  requires factions { norway, } and hidden_resource norway
            recruit_pool "Axe Militia"	0   0.10	0  0  requires factions { norway, } and not hidden_resource norway

agent diplomat 0
            agent_limit diplomat 1

; UPKEEP/INCOME	0
          }
          material wooden
          construction  6
          cost  6000
          settlement_min city
          upgrades
          {
          }
        }
      }
      plugins
      {
      }
    }
    Code:
    ¬ ==========================================================================================================================
    ¬ ---------------------------------- STAVKIRKE -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{stavkirke_building_name}Stavkirke
    {stavkirke1}Village Kirke
    {stavkirke1_desc}A stave church is a medieval building typical for Norway, admired for its unique architecture and beautiful decorations. It is named after the staves or masts that hold up the main structure of the church. Similar churches were constructed from the beginning of the 12th century CE to 1349 CE when the Black Death arrived in Norway. They incorporated local ancient traditions of woodcarving - for example, characteristic dragonheads - and stone architecture more common on the European continent.
    {stavkirke1_desc_short}A stave church is a wooden Christian church.

{stavkirke2}Town Kirke
    {stavkirke2_desc}A stave church is a medieval building typical for Norway, admired for its unique architecture and beautiful decorations. Similar churches were constructed from the beginning of the 12th century CE to 1349 CE when the Black Death arrived in Norway. They incorporated local ancient traditions of woodcarving - for example, characteristic dragonheads - and stone architecture more common on the European continent. Their name derives from the building's structure of post and lintel construction, a type of timber framing where the load-bearing ore-pine posts are called stafr in Old Norse (stav in modern Norwegian).
    {stavkirke2_desc_short}A stave church is a wooden Christian church.

{stavkirke3}Jarl's Kirke
    {stavkirke3_desc}A stave church is a medieval building typical for Norway, admired for its unique architecture and beautiful decorations. Similar churches were constructed from the beginning of the 12th century CE to 1349 CE when the Black Death arrived in Norway. They incorporated local ancient traditions of woodcarving - for example, characteristic dragonheads - and stone architecture more common on the European continent. Their name derives from the building's structure of post and lintel construction, a type of timber framing where the load-bearing ore-pine posts are called stafr in Old Norse (stav in modern Norwegian). In the typical stave church, a foundation of boulders supports a horizontal wooden frame on which rest four corner posts, or staves. The staves are connected above by a rectangle of beams that complete a boxlike frame; all elements are joined by wooden pegs or by dovetailing. The outer wall timbers of stave churches are positioned vertically, in contrast to the more common “log” horizontal placement used in wooden structures. The simplest stave churches consist only of a nave and chancel. The plans of larger churches are sometimes cruciform (cross-shaped), and they may include an ambulatory as well as an apse. A beautiful stave church was built in Borgund (c. 1150). Its complicated, ambulatory plan utilizes freestanding posts in the nave to support the tall central portion of the structure. The church’s six levels of gable roofs, shell-like exterior shingles, and elaborate carvings of grotesque masks and other motifs give it a picturesque and vigorous appearance.
    {stavkirke3_desc_short}Jarl's Kirke is an important Christian church.

{stavkirke4}Konungr's Kirke
    {stavkirke4_desc}A stave church is a medieval building typical for Norway, admired for its unique architecture and beautiful decorations. Similar churches were constructed from the beginning of the 12th century CE to 1349 CE when the Black Death arrived in Norway. They incorporated local ancient traditions of woodcarving - for example, characteristic dragonheads - and stone architecture more common on the European continent. Their name derives from the building's structure of post and lintel construction, a type of timber framing where the load-bearing ore-pine posts are called stafr in Old Norse (stav in modern Norwegian). In the typical stave church, a foundation of boulders supports a horizontal wooden frame on which rest four corner posts, or staves. The staves are connected above by a rectangle of beams that complete a boxlike frame; all elements are joined by wooden pegs or by dovetailing. The outer wall timbers of stave churches are positioned vertically, in contrast to the more common “log” horizontal placement used in wooden structures. The simplest stave churches consist only of a nave and chancel. The plans of larger churches are sometimes cruciform (cross-shaped), and they may include an ambulatory as well as an apse. The more advanced stave churches are characterized by a roof with multiple tiers of triangular frames that gradually diminish in size. Many also have portals embellished with fine woodcarving and wall paintings that feature pagan and Christian motifs. The largest extant stave church was built in Heddal, Norway, about 1150.
    {stavkirke4_desc_short}Konungr's Kirke is a Christian ruler's court church.

It looks very Scandinavian and I think its a nice idea and give some more flavor to both factions - Denmark and Norway. I think its good to have it available for both.

your idea about the regional buildings is perfect as it is, both factions can build it and even the rest of the factions can build the basic levels, maybe it would add another maximum level to Denmark, with a unique building in Roskilde, Lund or Ribe??? similar to what you have done for Norway where Danish kings have to be crowned as well...maybe the cathedral of Roskilde?

and a Jurand proposal, would it be possible that in certain unique buildings where kings have to be crowned, an elite unit can be recruited? similar to the palace guard or bodyguard of the king, for example for the Norwegians and Danes to be able to recruit Hirdsmen at the last level of their regional building.
    For the English in the Tower of London, some knights or the King guardmen, and examples like that... so you know that in your traditional capital and where the king is crowned you will have the possibility of recruiting an elite unit that can defend said capital.

I really like having unique elite units like the Varangian guard, Caliphal guard, Hirdsmen, Kings guardmen, Kievan palace Guard, Black Guard, Khassaki...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jurand i think that building also should be in all Scandinavia for all factions ( 1-2 levels), for Denmark as a regional building same as Norway, but Denmark only built until level3 and for Norway level 4 only in Bergen, for Denmark another last level is needed for this faction in Roskilde or maybe another unique building, with all this I think it would be correct and logical (both factions are Scandinavian and are similar) it is also similar to the Russian churches for Kievan Rus and Novgorod. It just takes a unique building for the Danes...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Guys, here we go with another regional & factional building. Palazzo is only buildable by Venice and Pisa in Italy, provided there's no Norman Palace building (this is, inter alia, to pay attention to 24+ building limit).

Code:
    ;==================================================================================================================================;==================================================================================================================================
    ;---- Palazzo ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;
    ; Available in Italian cities.
    ; - 
    ;
    ; Events occur:
    ; PAVISE_SHIELDS 1320

; Possible modifications in the future
    ; -

;@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@	PALAZZO
    building palazzo_building
    {
    	convert_to palazzo_building
    	levels palazzo_1 palazzo_2 palazzo_3 palazzo_4 palazzo_5 palazzo_6 palazzo_7 palazzo_8 palazzo_9
        {
    ;===================   Palazzo 1 (Piano Terra)   ==================================================================================

palazzo_1 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders3 and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily 
    		{
                convert_to 0
    			capability
                {
    				law_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter ai_level_easy 1
    				law_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter ai_level_medium 1
    				law_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter ai_level_hard 1
    				law_bonus bonus 4 requires event_counter ai_level_veryhard 1  

; UPKEEP/INCOME	0
                }
                material stone
                construction  4
                cost  4000
                settlement_min city
                upgrades
                {
                    palazzo_2
                }
            }
    ;===================   Palazzo 2 (Primo Piano)   ==================================================================================

palazzo_2 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders3 and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily  
    		{
                convert_to 1
    			capability
                {

; UPKEEP/INCOME	0
                }
                material stone
                construction  4
                cost  4000
                settlement_min city
                upgrades
                {
                    palazzo_3
                }
            }
    ;===================   Palazzo 2 (Secondo Piano)   ==================================================================================

palazzo_3 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders3 and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily 
    		{
                convert_to 2
    			capability
                {
    			;--- order, population, trade

law_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1
    				law_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1

;-Bonus for AI				

; UPKEEP/INCOME		
    			income_bonus bonus -50
                }
                material stone
                construction  4
                cost  4000
                settlement_min city
                upgrades
                {
                    palazzo_4
    				palazzo_7
                }
            }
    ;===================   Palazzo 4 (Palazzo)   ======================================================================================

palazzo_4 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders3 and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily
    		{
                convert_to 3
    			capability
                {

law_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1
    				law_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1
    				population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1
    				trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1

;-Bonus for AI				

; UPKEEP/INCOME		
    				income_bonus bonus -100
                }
                material stone
                construction  4
                cost  4000
                settlement_min city
                upgrades
                {
                    palazzo_5
    				palazzo_6
                }
            }
    ;===================   Palazzo 5 (Palazzo Ducale)   ===============================================================================

palazzo_5 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders4 and event_counter dante_born 1 and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily
    		{
                convert_to 4
    			capability
                {

law_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1
    				law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1
    				population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1
    				trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1

;-Bonus for AI				

;--- units

;-Diplomat recruitment (unique building)
    				agent diplomat 0
    				agent_limit diplomat 1

; UPKEEP/INCOME	
    				income_bonus bonus -200
                }
                material stone
                construction  8
                cost  8000
                settlement_min large_city
                upgrades
                {
                    palazzo_8
    				palazzo_9
                }
            }
    ;===================   Palazzo 6 (Palazo Dogal)   =======================================================================================

palazzo_6 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders3 and event_counter dante_born 1 and hidden_resource venice and hidden_resource capital
    		{
                convert_to 5
    			capability
                {

law_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1
    				law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1
    				population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1
    				trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1

;-Bonus for AI				

;--- units

agent diplomat 0
    				agent_limit diplomat 1

; UPKEEP/INCOME
    				income_bonus bonus -400
                }
                material stone
                construction  8
                cost  12000
                settlement_min large_city
                upgrades
                {
    				palazzo_7
                }
            }
    ;===================   Palazzo 7 (Grande Palazo Dogal)   =======================================================================================

palazzo_7 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders4 and event_counter dante_born 1 and hidden_resource venice and hidden_resource capital
    		{
                convert_to 6
    			capability
                {

law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1
    				law_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1
    				population_growth_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1
    				trade_base_income_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1

;--- units

agent diplomat 0
    				agent_limit diplomat 1

;-Bonus for AI	

; UPKEEP/INCOME		
    				income_bonus bonus -400
                }
                material stone
                construction  8
                cost  12000
                settlement_min huge_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
    ;===================   Palazzo 8 (Palazzo Reale)   ================================================================================

palazzo_8 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders4 and event_counter dante_born 1 and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource sicily
    		{
                convert_to 7
    			capability
                {

law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1
    				law_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_is_crowned_ruler 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1
    				population_growth_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people 1

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1
    				trade_base_income_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { all, } and event_counter FL_policy_merchant_skills 1

;--- units

agent diplomat 0
    				agent_limit diplomat 1

;-Bonus for AI	

; UPKEEP/INCOME		
    				income_bonus bonus -400
                }
                material stone
                construction  8
                cost  12000
                settlement_min huge_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
    ;===================   Palazzo 9 (Milano)   ==================================================================================

palazzo_9 requires factions { pisa, venice, } and not building_present_min_level south_italy_building south_italy_building1_fundaments and building_present_min_level builders builders4 and event_counter dante_born 1 and hidden_resource venice and hidden_resource pisa
    		{
                convert_to 8
    			capability
                {

;--- units

agent diplomat 0
    				agent_limit diplomat 1

;-Bonus for AI	

; UPKEEP/INCOME		
    				income_bonus bonus -400
                }
                material stone
                construction  8
                cost  12000
                settlement_min huge_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
    	}
    	plugins
    	{
    	}
    }

¬===========================================================================================================================¬ ------------------------------------------------------------- PALAZZO ----------------------------------------------------
    {palazzo_building_name}Palazzo

{palazzo_1}Palazzo Piano Terra
    {palazzo_1_desc}When local Italian aristocracy got richer and more powerful, they started constructing their own palaces. Depending on the available financial resources, the construction could be slower or faster. Sometimes it was spread over decades.
    {palazzo_1_desc_short}Piano Terra - first stage of construction of a palace.
    {palazzo_2}Palazzo Secondo Piano
    {palazzo_2_desc}When local Italian aristocracy got richer and more powerful, they started constructing their own palaces. Depending on the available financial resources, the construction could be slower or faster. Sometimes it was spread over decades.
    {palazzo_2_desc_short}Primo Piano - second stage of construction of a palace.
    {palazzo_3}Palazzo Secondo Piano
    {palazzo_3_desc}When local Italian aristocracy got richer and more powerful, they started constructing their own palaces. Depending on the available financial resources, the construction could be slower or faster. Sometimes it was spread over decades.
    {palazzo_3_desc_short}Secondo Piano - third stage of construction of a palace.
    {palazzo_4}Palazzo
    {palazzo_4_desc}When local Italian aristocracy got richer and more powerful, they constructed their palaces inside the cities. At times, these were used also by the communal authorities.
    {palazzo_4_desc_short}Italian Palazzo

{palazzo_5}Palazzo Ducale
    {palazzo_5_desc}When local Italian aristocracy got richer and more powerful, they constructed their palaces inside the cities. At times, these were used also by the communal authorities. For instance, in Genoa the construction of the Doge's Palace began at the end of the 13th century, when Genoa was gradually consolidating its military and economic power in the Mediterranean. Until 1291 the highest officials and other representatives of the Municipality did not have their own headquarters but were housed in the Archbishop's Palace, or in nearby private homes belonging to the Doria and Fieschi families. In 1291 the "Capitani del popolo" Corrado Doria and Oberto Spinola bought the buildings owned by the Doria family. After a merger with nearby buildings, the palace had taken the name of "ducale" with the appointment in 1339 of the first Genoese doge Simone Boccanegra.
    {palazzo_5_desc_short}Palazzo Ducale

{palazzo_6}Pałaso Dogal
    {palazzo_6_desc}In 810, Doge Agnello Participazio moved the seat of government from the island of Malamocco to the area of the present-day Rialto, when it was decided a palatium duci (Latin for "ducal palace") should be built. The palace was partially destroyed in the 10th century by a fire and the reconstruction works were undertaken at the behest of Doge Sebastiano Ziani (1172–1178). The new palace was built out of fortresses, one façade to the Piazzetta, the other overlooking the St. Mark's Basin.
    {palazzo_6_desc_short}Pałaso Dogal

{palazzo_7}Grande Pałaso Dogal
    {palazzo_7_desc}In 810, Doge Agnello Participazio moved the seat of government from the island of Malamocco to the area of the present-day Rialto, when it was decided a palatium duci (Latin for "ducal palace") should be built. The palace was partially destroyed in the 10th century by a fire and the reconstruction works were undertaken at the behest of Doge Sebastiano Ziani (1172–1178). The new palace was built out of fortresses, one façade to the Piazzetta, the other overlooking the St. Mark's Basin. Although only few traces remain of that palace, some Byzantine-Venetian architecture characteristics can still be seen at the ground floor, with the wall base in Istrian stone and some herring-bone pattern brick paving. Political changes in the mid-13th century led to the need to re-think the palace's structure due to the considerable increase in the number of the Great Council's members. The new Gothic palace's constructions started around 1340, focusing mostly on the side of the building facing the lagoon. Only in 1424 did Doge Francesco Foscari decide to extend the rebuilding works to the wing overlooking the Piazzetta, serving as law-courts, and with a ground floor arcade on the outside, open first-floor loggias running along the façade, and the internal courtyard side of the wing, completed with the construction of the Porta della Carta (1442).
    {palazzo_7_desc_short}Grande Pałaso Dogal

{palazzo_8}Palazzo Reale
    {palazzo_8_desc}When local Italian aristocracy got richer and more powerful, they constructed their palaces inside the cities. At times, these were used also by the communal authorities. For instance, in Genoa the construction of the Doge's Palace began at the end of the 13th century, when Genoa was gradually consolidating its military and economic power in the Mediterranean. Until 1291 the highest officials and other representatives of the Municipality did not have their own headquarters but were housed in the Archbishop's Palace, or in nearby private homes belonging to the Doria and Fieschi families. In 1291 the "Capitani del popolo" Corrado Doria and Oberto Spinola bought the buildings owned by the Doria family. After a merger with nearby buildings, the palace had taken the name of "ducale" with the appointment in 1339 of the first Genoese doge Simone Boccanegra.
    {palazzo_8_desc_short}Palazzo Reale

{palazzo_9}Castello Sforzesco
    {palazzo_9_desc}The original construction of the palace was ordered by Galeazzo II Visconti, a local nobleman, in second part of 14th century (1358–1370). This castle was known as the Castello di Porta Giova (or Porta Zubia), from the name of a gate in walls located nearby. It was built in the same area of the ancient Roman fortification of Castrum Portae Jovis, which served as castra pretoria when the city was the capital of the Roman Empire. It was enlarged by Galeazzo's successors, Gian Galeazzo, Giovanni Maria and Filippo Maria Visconti, until it became a square-plan castle with 200 m-long sides, four towers at the corners and up to 7-metre-thick (23 ft) walls. The castle was the main residence in the city of its Visconti lords, and was destroyed by the short-lived Golden Ambrosian Republic which ousted them in 1447.\n In 1450, Francesco Sforza, once he had shattered the republicans, began reconstruction of the castle to turn it into his princely residence. In 1452 he hired the sculptor and architect Filarete to design and decorate the central tower, which is still known as the Torre del Filarete. After Francesco's death, the construction was continued by his son Galeazzo Maria, under the architect Benedetto Ferrini. The decoration was executed by local painters. In 1476, during the regency of Bona of Savoy, the tower bearing her name was built.
    {palazzo_9_desc_short}Castello Sforzesco

Woow really impressive your work regarding the Jurand buildings! this makes the mod much more unique and incomparable!

About this I wanted to ask you to see if I understood it correctly...
    -1.From "Palazzo piano terra" to "Palazzo" is built by Venice and Pisa in all of Italy, right? By the papal states, then nothing?
    - 2. I understand that the palazzo ducale and palazzo reales are to be built in Genoa, and the palaso dogal and grande palaso dogale are in Venice, and the castello sforzesco in Rome or Milan?

-3. it is only possible to build them after the Pavise shields event in 1320???

-4. These new regional buildings have nothing to do with the renovations you wanted to make to the Italian trade quarters and their unique buildings like the Arsenale in Venice or Ragusa, right? as well as the unique universities of Bologna, Paris, Constantinople that you had in mind, right?

-5. I think that when you can and you have time you should focus on regional buildings for the Middle East such as the caravansari or the Silk Road or the desert castles that you proposed (Qasr), the Muslim factions need more love xD

I really love your hard work in sship and in the medieval history
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast