Thread: Help with trait triggers

Default Help with trait triggers

While I do my best to try to find use for the famed Docudemons tool, so far without success, I wonder if there is some trigger that allows me to give traits to a faction leader according to his diplomatic attitudes.

I noticed that the trait StrategyChivalry has too few triggers. Basically refusing bribes, building religious temples, occupying cities without sacking, and charging low taxes. But the truly relevant factors that should determine whether a leader is honourable or not are not included in the triggers. For example, making alliances with other factions and keeping them.

I know the FactionAllianceDeclared condition that works for scripts, as well as the FactionBreakAlliance. But can I apply them to export_descr_traits? I think if a leader declares war on his ally for no good reason, this should automatically remove several chivalry points from him, otherwise the chivalry attribute is meaningless.

(Also no idea why the text became black in the last paragraph)

Default Re: Help with trait triggers

FactionAllianceDeclared and FactionBreakAlliance are both events, not conditions, and neither export character_record, hence neither are suitable as events for EDCT triggers (the game doesn't know who gets the trait effect).

This is an interesting problem and a script solution doesn't immediately present itself to me. The Transgression event can also test for broken alliances, but it has the same problem - doesn't export character_record. You can, of course, use DiplomaticStanceFromFaction in combination with tracking counters to check if alliances have been formed or broken with specific factions, but that's a lot of faction-to-faction-specific triggers and you would still need different WhenToTest events in EDCT so the trait effects wouldn't be instantaneous. Maybe someone knows of some useful conditions for this.

Default Re: Help with trait triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    FactionAllianceDeclared and FactionBreakAlliance are both events, not conditions, and neither export character_record, hence neither are suitable as events for EDCT triggers (the game doesn't know who gets the trait effect).

This is an interesting problem and a script solution doesn't immediately present itself to me. The Transgression event can also test for broken alliances, but it has the same problem - doesn't export character_record. You can, of course, use DiplomaticStanceFromFaction in combination with tracking counters to check if alliances have been formed or broken with specific factions, but that's a lot of faction-to-faction-specific triggers and you would still need different WhenToTest events in EDCT so the trait effects wouldn't be instantaneous. Maybe someone knows of some useful conditions for this.
    That's a real shame. A real big one. A leader who betrays allies and breaks diplomatic agreements suffers no effects to his honour/reputation on a personal level, but if he does something trivial like charge high taxes in a settlement he loses honour.