Thread: Only 19 out of 21 factions can be played

Icon5 Only 19 out of 21 factions can be played

I was working on my mod and came across the fact that if you activate all 21 factions in the descr_strat, then only 19 will be available for the game anyway. This applies to both the original and the BI.
    How can this be changed or corrected? They were going to expand the faction limit, but even the vanilla limit is not displayed in its entirety.
    Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Only 19 out of 21 factions can be played

I am guessing it will require editing the data\menu LNT file which defines the menu layout. At least that's how it works in the original RTW and in M2TW.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 02, 2021 at 09:19 PM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am guessing it will require editing the data\menu LNT file which defines the menu layout. At least that's how it works in the original RTW and in M2TW.
    Even if that is possible I doubt that is recommended to do, because from what I read the Senate is buggy and will eventually be eliminated during the Roman civil war.

The Rebels might work, but I think it would probably require a lot of work to do it.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yup, senate and rebels are non playable by default. And with good reasons. I was responding from the UI technical point.

I found a solution to the problem with faction icons in the campaign menu. Data \ data \ ui_overrides \ menu contains the new_campaign_choose_faction.xml file and here the lines responsible for displaying the icons of the 19 and 21 factions were disabled, apparently so that the lowest faction would get up pretty in the middle, and not in place of the 19 faction.