Thread: Condition "WorldwideAncillaryExists" isn't working

Default Condition "WorldwideAncillaryExists" isn't working

This is a very useful condition to use in export_descr_ancillaries as well as in scripts. I have used it extensively in mods for Rome. It always worked without issue just as advertised. But somehow, in MTW2 the campaign script is failing to read the following line:

and WorldwideAncillaryExists crown
    This is the full script:

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType venice
    and Trait Queen_KL = 1
    and Attribute Chivalry < -8 ;Checks if Queen is evil enough
    and IsFactionLeader
    and WorldwideAncillaryExists crown ;Checks if King is alive
    and I_CompareCounter king_suicides = 0

console_command kill_character "Tommen Baratheon"
    console_command give_trait_points "Cersei Lannister" Queen_KL 1
    console_command give_ancillary "Cersei Lannister" crown
    historic_event tommen_suicides

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    The line in question fails to read and is ignored, but the rest of the script reads normally. The error log says this:

[game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/crusades/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/M.A_Feast_for_Crows/campaign_script.txt, at line 2345, column 9
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: WorldwideAncillaryExists
    I have to wonder, did this condition simply get disabled for scripts in MTW2, while remaining possible in export_descr_ancillaries as a trigger condition?

Gigantus's Avatar You should always listen to your inner voice! - Agreed, but which one?
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Condition "WorldwideAncillaryExists" isn't working

Check the proper term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I_WorldwideAncillaryExists - works but not in EDCT..
    From "List of non or mal functioning script terms (events, conditions and commands)"
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 31, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

Check the proper term.
    From "List of non or mal functioning script terms (events, conditions and commands)"
    It works if I add the "I_"? Oh nice. In my sample this prefix isn't included, though it is the first condition written right after monitor_event.

There is no "WorldWideAncillaryExists" condition, only I_WorldWideAncillaryExists.

Gigantus's Avatar You should always listen to your inner voice! - Agreed, but which one?

Blog Entries

Get the 'docudemons' for reference.

Get the 'docudemons' for reference.
    I tried. Can't open that file.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Citizen

use other program then lol? Excel of openoffice i guess

Excel didn't work. I suppose the file is corrupted.

Blog Entries

It's uploaded as 7z file which you need to unpack first, I'll update the download instructions with this:
    7Zip is freeware

I have no idea how to open this Docudemons. The instructions aren't clear or specific enough, as they presume a degree of technical knowledge that most users don't have. The download only gives me several unreadable files that remain unreadable even when I open them with Excel and Apache OpenOffice.
    Last edited by es157; June 02, 2021 at 01:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Several files? It's a single XLXS file that opens with any spread sheet app after extracting the 7z download.

How are you unpacking\extracting the 7z download file?
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 02, 2021 at 08:11 PM.

Several files? It's a single XLXS file that opens with any spread sheet app after extracting the 7z download.

How are you unpacking\extracting the 7z download file?
    I tried for quite a few hours. In the end I managed to open something on Apache OpenOffice, but the file doesn't seem very useful. There is a large logo of Ultimate Docudemons, plus the smaller logos of Creative Assembly and TW Mod Squad. Below there is a kind of summary of the contents that are supposed to be found in the file (well, not exactly).

But other than that, there is nothing in the file that I could access. I suppose it is hidden somewhere here but I still haven't figured how to bring it up.

Why is this Docudemons made into an Excel file instead of a simple text file? Just something I wonder about. If it is supposed to contain text only. (I never used Excel before lol)

Blog Entries

The content is scrollable, more then 3000 lines in the first sheet alone. There are more then a dozen tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for easy access to events, conditions, commands etc - instead of having more then a dozen text files Between the 'export' of the events and the 'requirements' of the conditions you can also figure out which event to use for the condition you which to test for.

I did a quick google for 'XLXS viewer', see if you can find something that makes it easier for you to view the file.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 03, 2021 at 03:14 PM.

The content is scrollable, more then 3000 lines in the first sheet alone. There are more then a dozen tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for easy access to events, conditions, commands etc - instead of having more then a dozen text files Between the 'export' of the events and the 'requirements' of the conditions you can also figure out which event to use for the condition you which to test for.

I did a quick google for 'XLXS viewer', see if you can find something that makes it easier for you to view the file.
    Lol, thanks. Right now it seems way too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by es157 View Post
    the file doesn't seem very useful
    Are you using Linux?

On Windows Open Office will open the file. Otherwise you can find an Excel viewer online as Gigantus advised.

There are 21 sheets in the Docudemons file, each on a different aspect of the game files, medium and commands, with scripting examples. On the bottom left hand corner of Excel or surrogate there are little arrows that allow you to move back and forth through the sheets.

I think you should persevere with accessing the info in the file. It has most things you're asking about.

Edit: For example, I_WorldWideAncillaryExists is listed in the Conditions sheet, along with (I believe) all other valid conditions.
    Last edited by FootSoldier; June 07, 2021 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Added info on Conditions in Docudemons
    "War is an extension of diplomacy, but by other means." Karl von Clausewitz