Thread: Dealing with multiple rebellions in Caesar in Gaul

Default Dealing with multiple rebellions in Caesar in Gaul

Did you ever play as Rome in Caesar in Gaul? I already got to a point where I got multiple rebellions everywhere. It was immediately after I reached level 5 imperium. I see it as very tough to deal with them. And moreover, I'm at war with at least 3 barbarian factions at the same time.
    How did you deal with that in your case?

Default Re: Dealing with multiple rebellions in Caesar in Gaul

I don't think I've had a Roman game last that long to get rebellions. It's a pretty quick campaign once you work the tech tree right

The multiple simultaneous rebellions I'm talking about has nothing to do with public order issues. I think it is inevitable when you reach level 5 imperium. It is preprogrammed in the game to happen that way. And all the rebel armies appeared with full stack. I have a very tough work ahead to crush them all one by one.

I decided to restart the campaign by not researching any of the blue color technologies. No multiple simultaneous rebellions at the moment yet...
    And as to playing as Rome, I think it is very crutial to assign Caesar the traits that increase both replenishment rate and movement range ( You'll need that urgently later in the campaign where it gets tougher because in a single turn you have to take out 2 or more enemy armies one after another ). And as to the spies, I attach one spy and try to improve both the army replenishment rate and movement range of the army she accompanies. And I use at least one spy to scout the enemy territories. And when i for example find two enemy armies with full stack close to each other, I sabotage one of them so that it can't reinforce the army I choose to attack.

And what do you do during winter? Do you just stay garrisoned in a city or somewhere in the camp stance where it doesn't deplete your armies?
    Last edited by twgamer20197; June 03, 2021 at 09:41 AM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by twgamer20197 View Post
    Did you ever play as Rome in Caesar in Gaul? I already got to a point where I got multiple rebellions everywhere. It was immediately after I reached level 5 imperium. I see it as very tough to deal with them. And moreover, I'm at war with at least 3 barbarian factions at the same time.
    How did you deal with that in your case?
    What you're describing sounds like Caesar in Gaul's end game challenge, when all Gaul rises against you. (The other factions have a different challenge.)

Best bet is to plan ahead, decide which are your core provinces and deploy your armies there, while adding extra military buildings to settlements to beef up the garrison. It is winnable, but it's tough (appropriately so given the setting.)

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    What you're describing sounds like Caesar in Gaul's end game challenge, when all Gaul rises against you. (The other factions have a different challenge.)

Best bet is to plan ahead, decide which are your core provinces and deploy your armies there, while adding extra military buildings to settlements to beef up the garrison. It is winnable, but it's tough (appropriately so given the setting.)

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Yes. It's that. I'll try to have at least one army ( Of at least half stack that maybe can be reinforced with some mercenaries wehn the massive rebellions happen ) stationed in each province I control plus building like 2 military buildings in each city of each province in order to have a decent garrison. For example if the capital city has at least 2 military buildings upgraded to level 3 at least, perhaps with just the garrison you can repel a full-stack enemy army's attack.
    Last edited by twgamer20197; June 09, 2021 at 08:12 AM.

Thank you very much for the advice, mate. It worked for me!
    It was really fun to play as Rome in Caesar in Gaul. My armies became unstoppable and more specially the army commanded by Caesar. Campaign completed.