Thread: Can't Seem to Grow Luceria or Arretium

Default Can't Seem to Grow Luceria or Arretium

So, I can't seem to grow Luceria and Arretium above large town as I can only build the farms there. Is the only other way I can grow them is demolishing the governor temple and then building the farm temple?

Thanks!

Default Re: Can't Seem to Grow Luceria or Arretium

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    So, I can't seem to grow Luceria and Arretium above large town as I can only build the farms there. Is the only other way I can grow them is demolishing the governor temple and then building the farm temple?

Thanks!
    Other ways to grow a settlement quickly:

. Low taxes
    . Good governor with traits and ancillaries that encourage growth (Such as Humane Ruler). Do not be afraid to transfer ancillaries between characters as needed.
    . Fertility temples are usually better in the long run (They do the same job as the farming temple whilst giving better traits to characters who reside in settlements with fertility temples (They get traits associated with vigor whilst farming temples have the tendency to give traits like country bumpkin and unschooled)).

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by realm56; May 29, 2021 at 06:52 PM.

I would echo what's said above, but also add that the harvest, which seems to vary by year, also has an effect. Good harvest = more growth, bad harvest = low growth/decline. I've had cities that stopped growing for a year despite all policies, traits etc remaining the same and dug into the settlements details to find the famine factor had increased, and then in the trade details that the harvest was poor, and then the city resumed growing again once a better harvest came. This might also happen if the enemy is raiding the province, or a rebel FM is raiding but outside of your direct FOV, since the famine factor (little skulls in the settlement details) also seems to increase then. If you see any black/greyish squares in the territory of the province, it might by why growth is slowing.

In RTW, you could disband your units in cities and those numbers would get added to the population, and also when enslaving enemy captured cities, that number would be split up between your owned cities that have a governor in them, but it doesn't seem like either works anymore.

That was a feature of the RTW engine, that wasn't carried over into M2TW.