Thread: [2.35A R2] Unit card bug for rebel generals

Default [2.35A R2] Unit card bug for rebel generals

Currently playing AS and starting from around turn 40 rebel general unit card portraits are getting mixed up with other ones. Similar to the bug of an old version where this would happen with an all unit cards and would preceed a ctd. This time it appears to be only the rebel generals and havenīt had a ctd yet. Also reloading doesnīt fix the issue.

Default Re: [2.35A R2] Unit card bug for rebel generals

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug_Total View Post
    Currently playing AS and starting from around turn 40 rebel general unit card portraits are getting mixed up with other ones. Similar to the bug of an old version where this would happen with an all unit cards and would preceed a ctd. This time it appears to be only the rebel generals and havenīt had a ctd yet. Also reloading doesnīt fix the issue.
    Try restarting the game and reload the campaign its probably a memory leak.

Memory leak. Only quitting and restarting will clear out the cache and fix the problem.

Restarted the whole computer, first thing was to load up the savegame and the error is still there. Could it be a problem from my end?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug_Total View Post
    Restarted the whole computer, first thing was to load up the savegame and the error is still there. Could it be a problem from my end?
    It's probably a corrupted portrait. Are you using any submod?

Iīve edited the ebii.cfg to adjust the graphic settings (unit detail always switched back to high) and adjusted movement ranges in the desc_char.txt (didnīt download the submod). Besides those two adjustments, Iīm using vanilla EB.

There is definitely a bugged rebel portrait, maybe more than one. Here's the save with one. Nearly gave me a heart attack first time, as the game chose to replace the portrait with Varu...so I saw Varu with 101 troops.
    QuickSave.zip

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Please tell us the name of the province in which the stack appears. I have already saw buggy portrait in another mod, and the cause was that the script was missing handing out a portrait.
    I noticed in EBII's revolts script that not every spawned general is given a specific portrait, so I'd like to know if my suspicion is right.