Thread: Decrease the lenght of forum main index

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Decrease the lenght of forum main index

Today, I had a quick look at the forum main index and saw how it could be a little shorter.

I notice two forums, both subforums in separate categories e.g Site Administration and Non-TW Games, could be moved just to decrease the lenght of the forum main index.

Game Reviews >>> Other Games (from what I understand the Game Reviews subforum is meant for any game)
    Official TWC Store >>> Questions & Suggestions (not in use for a long time IIRC)

The result of doing that would be this.

Other Games
    Game Reviews

Questions & Suggestions
    Official TWC Store

I also checked the activity in both subforums and they had little activity, well sometimes the activity is higher but for the most of the time those two subforums has little activity.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Decrease the lenght of forum main index

'Little' mostly means 'no' in the case of both. +1, although at this rate presenting the thought in the Q&S might be more direct.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Game reviews is separate because it is run by content staff. Content Hex and the Chief librarian in particular. You can ask the current Hex why they killed it, but at the end of the day it really has very little to do with Other Games. Moreover Other games is not for any game, Other Games is for non-total war games that are not popular enough to have their own sub-forum.

Moving the store is generally a daft idea. You want it to be as visible as possible so that people know it exists and it can be used. Also, I think GED is the only one who has a say in what happens to the store.

If you really want to trim the index there are much more impactful things you can do like merging Shogun 1 and Medieval 1, merging <game> Modifications and <game> Hosted Modifications.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; May 28, 2021 at 09:23 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

In general its probably not such a bad idea to try make the index more compact, that could be useful. But who would redesign the index? I mean in a conceptual way. Looking forward anyway, this could be good!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Thread has certainly fallen inactive for 28 days. In the future it's probably better off in the Q&S now anyways.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?