Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOP 2024 Republican Nomination

Indefinitely Banned

Default GOP 2024 Republican Nomination

Matt Gaetz, FL House Rep, under investigation for child sex trafficking, has stated he will run if Trump doesn't.
    Ron DeStantis, Gov of FL, would be a frontrunner.
    Strong and loyal Trump men.
    Ivanka and Don Jr both have ambitions.

In the sane GOP we have
    Mitt Romney, former GOP Presidential Nominee, former Gov of MA, Senator from UT, longtime Trump opponent
    John Kasich, former Gov of OH, former OH House Rep, former GOP Presidential Candidate

And then of course we have Donald Trump, former POTUS, former reality TV host.

General information and about Trump specifically.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 11, 2021 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Links added.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: GOP 2024 Republican Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Matt Gaetz, FL House Rep, under investigation for child sex trafficking, has stated he will run if Trump doesn't.
    Ron DeStantis, Gov of FL, would be a frontrunner.
    Strong and loyal Trump men.
    Ivanka and Don Jr both have ambitions.

In the sane GOP we have
    Mitt Romney, former GOP Presidential Nominee, former Gov of MA, Senator from UT, longtime Trump opponent
    John Kasich, former Gov of OH, former OH House Rep, former GOP Presidential Candidate

And then of course we have Donald Trump, former POTUS, former reality TV host.
    Kasich is a Chinese apologist and he's worse than Xiden. He even learned Chinese so he could cuddle up to them. It's pretty clear you don't know anything about the Republican party.

Since when is Romney sane?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Kasich is a Chinese apologist and he's worse than Xiden. He even learned Chinese so he could cuddle up to them. It's pretty clear you don't know anything about the Republican party.
    Kasich might still run. Your post doesn’t really say much to topic. But that is your brand.

@grom not supporting Trump is the definition of sanity

But that's a really low bar.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Indefinitely Banned

Most people are sane.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Most people are sane.
    I don't know about that. Using your definition, in 2016 most people supported (voted for) Trump (he got elected) therefore most were not sane. Even this time around it was quite a close one. So... not sure what your confidence is based on.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I don't know about that. Using your definition, in 2016 most people supported (voted for) Trump (he got elected) therefore most were not sane. Even this time around it was quite a close one. So... not sure what your confidence is based on.
    While I could argue people didn’t support Hillary or did support the GOP or an abundance of other relevant factors for the 2016 you refer too,

explain to me how Trump losing the popular vote by millions translates to most people supporting him?

LEL

While I could argue people didn’t support Hillary or did support the GOP or an abundance of other relevant factors for the 2016 you refer too,

explain to me how Trump losing the popular vote by millions translates to most people supporting him?

LEL
    You could have also said that a good number of people simply did not vote... or better yet just accept the joke and move on.

But fine, if you wanna play numbers then let me restate. Excluding California, apparently the last bastion of sanity in the US, most people did vote for Trump. There, happy now?

On a more serious note, it really doesn't help the case for elections by popular vote that California, with so many votes, is so hopelessly partisan.

Indefinitely Banned

most states are hopelessly partisan, as are most parts of even swing states, welcome to the monkey house

On a more serious note, I think Trump will be too old in 2024 (unless the GOP pulls a Democrat move and opts for a senile president), so that's one bad candidate out. Not keen on any of the Trump dynasty running either, nor the Bush dynasty. I'm not sure if Kasich and Romney will even consider running, but maybe they haven't scammed enough people yet. Generally speaking, I don't expect Neocons to be popular enough to make it, particularly in a general election. I'm hoping for something interesting who isn't a Neocon sellout, a quasi-criminal, or some other kind of RINO. So maybe DeSantis or someone in that direction. Should be enough potential candidates around.

most states are hopelessly partisan, as are most parts of even swing states, welcome to the monkey house
    Most states can't produce 15+ million votes. It's also worth noting that of the handful of states that can produce votes in the several millions none leans heavily Republican. Nowhere near as much as California leans Democrat for sure. Also, if the US was a popular democracy there wouldn't be swing states, it wouldn't really matter what colour a state is, just the total number of votes.

As for Trump being too old to run in 2024, he'll be certainly younger than Biden. Is Biden not going to run again? AFAIK he hasn't ruled it out, so it could be a Round 2. Well provided they both live that long. In fact, Trump will be then Biden's age now, so I guess the question is moot, Biden already did run in 2020 at the age Trump will be in 2024. Senile or not, he won. Which is more or less all that matters for their parties.
    Last edited by Alastor; May 29, 2021 at 01:37 AM.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Trump strikes me as being less physically fit than Biden. Who knows what kind of state he'll be in in four years' time?

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Trump strikes me as being less physically fit than Biden.
    You're saying Trump's dead? Jk but seriously we're talking some extremely low bars here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Who knows what kind of state he'll be in in four years' time?
    I can't believe he wasn't gaoled for treason. The US has elected in the last five years a superannuated clown and a corpse to the mfing presidency (I mean in the past candidates had to at least look as though they weren't in adult nappies), who knows what they are capable of any more? Trumps has as good a chance as anyone, and better than most, which is a horrifying prospect for the allies of the US.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Rand Paul or go home
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Because its always better if we are mericans and have to depend on translators and can't even mange a hint of if they are moderating the discussion.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

I’d like to hear more from Tim Scott. I like Crenshaw but he isn’t running. DeSantis seems popular so I’ll hear him out. Pence could be interesting but he has no chance. Trey Gowdy isn’t running but it’d be nice if he does. In reality, though, there’s only one Republican who will always have my vote.

Spoiler for God Emperor Teddy on the Issues

Budget and Economy:

“We must act upon the motto of all for each and each for all. There must be ever present in our minds the fundamental truth that in a republic such as ours the only safety is to stand neither for nor against any man because he is rich or because he is poor, because he is engaged in one occupation or another, because he works with his brains or because he works with his hands. We must treat each man on his worth and merits as a man. We must see that each is given a square deal, because he is entitled to no more and should receive no less.”

“People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.”

“I don’t pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being.”

Civil Rights:

"I have not been able to think out any solution of the terrible problem offered by the presence of the Negro on this continent, but of one thing I am sure, and that is that inasmuch as he is here and can neither be killed nor driven away, the only wise and honorable and Christian thing to do is to treat each black man and each white man strictly on his merits as a man, giving him no more and no less than he shows himself worthy to have.”

Income Inequality / Corporations:

“As a matter of personal conviction, and without pretending to discuss the details or formulate the system, I feel that we shall ultimately have to consider the adoption of some such scheme as that of a progressive tax on all fortunes, beyond a certain amount, either given in life or devised or bequeathed upon death to any individual-a tax so framed as to put it out of the power of the owner of one of these enormous fortunes to hand on more than a certain amount to any one individual; the tax of course, to be imposed by the national and not the state government. Such taxation should, of course, be aimed merely at the inheritance or transmission in their entirety of those fortunes swollen beyond all healthy limits.”

“We must have complete and effective publicity of corporate affairs, so that the people may know beyond peradventure whether the corporations obey the law and whether their management entitles them to the confidence of the public. It is necessary that laws should be passed to prohibit the use of corporate funds directly or indirectly for political purposes; it is still more necessary that such laws should be thoroughly enforced. Corporate expenditures for political purposes, and especially such expenditures by public service corporations, have supplied one of the principal sources of corruption in our political affairs.”

Education:

“To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”

“A heavy moral obligation rests upon the man of means and upon the man of education to do their full duty by their country. On no class does this obligation rest more heavily than upon the men with a collegiate education, the men who are graduates of our universities. Their education gives them no right to feel the least superiority over any of their fellow citizens; but it certainly ought to make them feel that they should stand foremost in the honorable effort to serve the whole public by doing their duty as Americans in the body politic.”

Environment:

“Of all the questions which can come before this nation, short of the actual preservation of its existence in a great war, there is none which compares in importance with the great central task of leaving this land even a better land for our descendants than it is for us, and training them into a better race to inhabit the land and pass it on. Conservation is a great moral issue, for it involves the patriotic duty of insuring the safety and continuance of the nation. Let me add that the health and vitality of our people are at least as well worth conserving as their forests, waters, lands, and minerals, and in this great work the national government must bear most important part.”

Foreign Policy:

“If we are to be a really great people, we must strive in good faith to play a great part in the world.”
    “A good many of you are probably acquainted with the old proverb, ‘Speak softly and carry a big stick – you will go far.’”

Immigration:

"We must Americanize in every way, in speech, in political ideas and principles, and in their way of looking at relations between church and state. We welcome the German and the Irishman who becomes an American. We have no use for the German or Irishman who remains such ... He must revere only our flag, not only must it come first, but no other flag should even come second"

“One may fall very far short of treason and yet be an undesirable citizen in the community. The man who becomes Europeanized, who loses his power of doing good work on this side of the water, and who loses his love for his native land, is not a traitor; but he is a silly and undesirable citizen. He is as emphatically a noxious element in our body politic as is the man who comes here from abroad and remains a foreigner. It is not only necessary to Americanize the immigrants of foreign birth who settle among us, but it is even more necessary for those among us who are by birth and descent already Americans not to throw away our birthright, and, with incredible and contemptible folly, wander back to bow down before the alien gods whom our forefathers forsook.”

Crime/Public Safety:

“In any wild country where the power of law is little felt or heeded, and where every one has to rely upon himself for protection, men soon get to feel that it is in the highest degree unwise to submit to any wrong…no matter what cost of risk or trouble. To submit tamely and meekly to theft or to any other injury is to invite almost certain repetition of the offense, in a place where self-reliant hardihood and the ability to hold one’s own under all circumstances rank as the first of virtues.”
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    In reality, though, there’s only one Republican who will always have my vote.

Spoiler for God Emperor Teddy on the Issues

Budget and Economy:

“We must act upon the motto of all for each and each for all. There must be ever present in our minds the fundamental truth that in a republic such as ours the only safety is to stand neither for nor against any man because he is rich or because he is poor, because he is engaged in one occupation or another, because he works with his brains or because he works with his hands. We must treat each man on his worth and merits as a man. We must see that each is given a square deal, because he is entitled to no more and should receive no less.”

“People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.”

“I don’t pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being.”

Civil Rights:

"I have not been able to think out any solution of the terrible problem offered by the presence of the Negro on this continent, but of one thing I am sure, and that is that inasmuch as he is here and can neither be killed nor driven away, the only wise and honorable and Christian thing to do is to treat each black man and each white man strictly on his merits as a man, giving him no more and no less than he shows himself worthy to have.”

Income Inequality / Corporations:

“As a matter of personal conviction, and without pretending to discuss the details or formulate the system, I feel that we shall ultimately have to consider the adoption of some such scheme as that of a progressive tax on all fortunes, beyond a certain amount, either given in life or devised or bequeathed upon death to any individual-a tax so framed as to put it out of the power of the owner of one of these enormous fortunes to hand on more than a certain amount to any one individual; the tax of course, to be imposed by the national and not the state government. Such taxation should, of course, be aimed merely at the inheritance or transmission in their entirety of those fortunes swollen beyond all healthy limits.”

“We must have complete and effective publicity of corporate affairs, so that the people may know beyond peradventure whether the corporations obey the law and whether their management entitles them to the confidence of the public. It is necessary that laws should be passed to prohibit the use of corporate funds directly or indirectly for political purposes; it is still more necessary that such laws should be thoroughly enforced. Corporate expenditures for political purposes, and especially such expenditures by public service corporations, have supplied one of the principal sources of corruption in our political affairs.”

Education:

“To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”

“A heavy moral obligation rests upon the man of means and upon the man of education to do their full duty by their country. On no class does this obligation rest more heavily than upon the men with a collegiate education, the men who are graduates of our universities. Their education gives them no right to feel the least superiority over any of their fellow citizens; but it certainly ought to make them feel that they should stand foremost in the honorable effort to serve the whole public by doing their duty as Americans in the body politic.”

Environment:

“Of all the questions which can come before this nation, short of the actual preservation of its existence in a great war, there is none which compares in importance with the great central task of leaving this land even a better land for our descendants than it is for us, and training them into a better race to inhabit the land and pass it on. Conservation is a great moral issue, for it involves the patriotic duty of insuring the safety and continuance of the nation. Let me add that the health and vitality of our people are at least as well worth conserving as their forests, waters, lands, and minerals, and in this great work the national government must bear most important part.”

Foreign Policy:

“If we are to be a really great people, we must strive in good faith to play a great part in the world.”
    “A good many of you are probably acquainted with the old proverb, ‘Speak softly and carry a big stick – you will go far.’”

Immigration:

"We must Americanize in every way, in speech, in political ideas and principles, and in their way of looking at relations between church and state. We welcome the German and the Irishman who becomes an American. We have no use for the German or Irishman who remains such ... He must revere only our flag, not only must it come first, but no other flag should even come second"

“One may fall very far short of treason and yet be an undesirable citizen in the community. The man who becomes Europeanized, who loses his power of doing good work on this side of the water, and who loses his love for his native land, is not a traitor; but he is a silly and undesirable citizen. He is as emphatically a noxious element in our body politic as is the man who comes here from abroad and remains a foreigner. It is not only necessary to Americanize the immigrants of foreign birth who settle among us, but it is even more necessary for those among us who are by birth and descent already Americans not to throw away our birthright, and, with incredible and contemptible folly, wander back to bow down before the alien gods whom our forefathers forsook.”

Crime/Public Safety:

“In any wild country where the power of law is little felt or heeded, and where every one has to rely upon himself for protection, men soon get to feel that it is in the highest degree unwise to submit to any wrong…no matter what cost of risk or trouble. To submit tamely and meekly to theft or to any other injury is to invite almost certain repetition of the offense, in a place where self-reliant hardihood and the ability to hold one’s own under all circumstances rank as the first of virtues.”
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spitting image, innit?
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Republicans are already busy passing laws to suppress voting and that allow state legislators to overturn Democratic victories, to hell with what the people want. From now on they will try to install their nominee as president regardless of how the people vote. And from there it will be a simple matter of eliminating voting entirely and instituting the fascist dictatorship and white ethnostate they've always dreamed of.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast