Thread: RTWR: Realistic texture loading, but bright one does not

Default RTWR: Realistic texture loading, but bright one does not

Hey there,

I'm trying my hand at retexturing my first few units for the remaster and I', finally seeing some success. As a first step, I tried learning the basics by recouloring scutarii to fit carthage. Now after some back and forth I finally got my custom texture working, but only for the realistic colour setting, not the bright one. As far as I am aware, one only needs to append _c to the name of the texture to get it to work (e.g. texture.tga.dds => texture_c.tga.dds).

My descr_model_battle.txt entry for the carthaginian scutarii is: texture carthage, data/characters/textures/carthage_scutarius_carthage.tga
    My files are named carthage_scutarius_carthage.tga.dds (works) and carthage_scutarius_carthage_c.tga.dds (does not work).
    The files are exactly the same, safe for the name. But going to the battlemap, the "C"-Version defaults to the mercenary texture.

Could anyone lend me a hand to fix this problem?

Default Re: RTWR: Realistic texture loading, but bright one does not

So after doing some more retexturing I noticed some more pecularities. Inside files.json the checksums of all of my .tga and .dds files are calculated as "Blacklisted", while the text files are doing just fine. Still, all of my ui cards (both unit info and unit) load just fine. However, only my Scutarii texture (remaster variant) actually loads, even though it ist "Blacklisted" as well. The textures other units just revert to their corresponding default textures.

Here a piece of the file:

Code:

{
         "filename": "data\/characters\/textures\/carthaginian_archer_spain_c.tga.dds",
         "checksum": "Blacklisted"
    },
    {
        "filename": "data\/descr_model_battle.txt",
        "checksum": 1084263246
    },
    I really cannot get my head around this. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: RTWR: Realistic texture loading, but bright one does not

Alright. Here's what I've found out:
    1. I'm dumb. I messed up description_model_battle. Every texture loads, as long as "Realistic" is set as colour schemes
    2. Blacklisting appears in non listed (e.g. non workshop) mods. This is no issue.
    3. Switching between realisitc and original colours is currently broken. I've submitted a bug report to feral, detailing that one cannot add new textures to the game with a classic variant.