Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seleucids tips and tricks?

Default Re: Seleucids tips and tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by sftonix View Post
    1)
    4) rush IMMEDIATELY on whatever is "yellow" on the map: first of all wipe the egyptians out of mikrasia's regions and salamis, then go to akka ---> use the elephant unit in the first turn. Once you got rid of that ptolemaic army in syria, disband it ( if the indian tanks are still alive, they are too expensive to mantain at the beginning of campaign ).
    If you took Akko early, the Ptolemies will send scripted relief armies to try and take it back (3 armies, they're tough...). I suggest at they very least to keep the elephants around until these scripted armies have been dealt with (They're a lifesaver!).

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    If you took Akko early, the Ptolemies will send scripted relief armies to try and take it back (3 armies, they're tough...). I suggest at they very least to keep the elephants around until these scripted armies have been dealt with (They're a lifesaver!).
    You can use the antioch and seleuceia armies togheter to clean akko out.

Quote Originally Posted by sftonix View Post
    You can use the antioch and seleuceia armies togheter to clean akko out.
    I only use the antioch army to clean Akko out, the seleuceia army is too sorely needed east imo. The Parthians and the rebels will eat your eastern satrapies alive if I do as you suggest....

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    I only use the antioch army to clean Akko out, the seleuceia army is too sorely needed east imo. The Parthians and the rebels will eat your eastern satrapies alive if I do as you suggest....
    As i suggested:

2) stabilize borders, expecially those on northeast regions: pahlavians, indians, and lesser bros baktrians could be a big wild card at any time.

3) According to 2) make a LOT of alliances ( do a wise use of tributes ).

Remember: timing is basic at the beginning of this campaign. The more you act quickly on the 4 points i listed, the more you get stable borders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12