Thread: Hayastan questions

Default Hayastan questions

Just started a Hayastan campaign for the first time since EBI, have a couple of questions:

- Got the first reform, but unable to build the upgraded government in Armavir because I only have 18% Eastern Imperial (it requires 20%). How do I increase this if my main culture is still Eastern Tribal?

- The guide states that my top level government (from the imperial reforms) is only available in Armavir, but I've seen here on the forums that you can build it in two settlements of your choice. Was the latter only true in previous updates?

- I've asked this on another thread, but since EBI's Armenian "imitation legionaries" have passed on to the great Total War Valhalla in the sky, what units would I use to emulate the armies of Tigranes the Great?

Default Re: Hayastan questions

Easiest way to increase Eastern Imperial is to build a Foreign Colony.

The guide might be out of date; there's a new top-tier government for Armavir only and you can build a second capital.

Galatianised units and Thorakitai are your best bet for "imitation legionaries".

1. The Seat of power government has no culture requirement although the Ancestral Capital (Unlocked through 2nd reform) requires 60% Eastern Imperial (EI) culture. This should not be a problem nonetheless if you have prioritized building the 3rd level Foreign colony in Armavir (This converts to the 60% EI needed for the Ancestral Capital government)

2. I think you got the Imperial seat and Ancestral Capital governments mixed up, the Ancestral capital is exclusive to Armavir, up to 3 Imperial Seat governments (2nd capitals) can be built (Each one unlocks at: 21 settlements, one at 15 settlements + 6 authority and one at 8 authority)

3. You could use Machairophoroi kata Galaton for that role although they are only available in your post reform governments in Armavir and in tier 3 foreign colonies in Anatolia (If you ask me, they are a rather poor unit for how much money you have to invest to get to the 3rd tier foreign colony)

Ah I see, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    3. You could use Machairophoroi kata Galaton for that role although they are only available in your post reform governments in Armavir and in tier 3 foreign colonies in Anatolia (If you ask me, they are a rather poor unit for how much money you have to invest to get to the 3rd tier foreign colony)
    They probably deserve a buff, both in terms of availability and stats. Bit strange that the mainstays of Tigranes' army aren't available through factional governments, and that their rarity is hardly deserving of their stats.

Two follow-up questions:

- For a Persian restoration run, what would be the most deserving candidates for imperial seats, historically speaking? What were the old empire's most significant settlements?

- Not a question, but kudos to whoever designed the Armenian elite units, they're some of the best looking units in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    - For a Persian restoration run, what would be the most deserving candidates for imperial seats, historically speaking? What were the old empire's most significant settlements?
    In the west, you could nominate Sardis. In the east, candidates could include Babylon, Ecbatana, Persepolis and Susa.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post

- I've asked this on another thread, but since EBI's Armenian "imitation legionaries" have passed on to the great Total War Valhalla in the sky, what units would I use to emulate the armies of Tigranes the Great?
    there should be a page on that in Historical Army Compositions guide afaik, but here is the link to my post with some suggestions for imperial (and pre-) Hayastan. it was written years ago though, so units availability may have changed slightly (haven't played as Hayastan in ages).

If you really need decent quantities of Galatianised Swordsmen, build both Imperial Seats in Amaseia and Mazaka. They will yield you one Galatianised Swordsmen each.

I already got 7 province and 4 causcasian kingdom. So why the reform don't work?

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    I already got 7 province and 4 causcasian kingdom. So why the reform don't work?
    Actually, you need 7 settlements total and you need Caucasian kingdoms in 6 out of the following 7 settlements as follows:

.Armavir
    .Shamushat
    .Gaznak
    .Ani Kamah
    .Kutaisi
    .Kabalaka
    .Miskheta

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Actually, you need 7 settlements total and you need Caucasian kingdoms in 6 out of the following 7 settlements as follows:

.Armavir
    .Shamushat
    .Gaznak
    .Ani Kamah
    .Kutaisi
    .Kabalaka
    .Miskheta
    Huh so it has changed well i only need Kabalaka then. Anyway that's good to know thanks