Thread: AOR units question/idea

I, Claudius's Avatar Foederatus

Default AOR units question/idea

Gentlemen. Would it be possible to mod the recruitment of units so that you don't need to be in their AOR to recruit them? Let's say I'm Rome and I have access to Cretan Archers...I would like to be able to recruit them from Rome instead of having to move to the territory where they are available. Could we not have a system where my army in Rome opens up their recruitment panel and all available units are shown but arrive in different times. Those Cretan Archers I want maybe arrive in 4 turns... Also, it would be great if units like this were available through another avenue other than conquer their land; Maybe have a diplomatic option for mercenary contracts?

You guys have done such an amazing job with this mod, I'm sure you've thought about this or something similar but a quick glance through the forum didn't show anything.

Thanks again guys, you are awesome!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: AOR units question/idea

That would mean you can recruit these units without actually holding the region so for example once you get second barrack tier, you already recruit Indian bowmen, despite still being locked in Italy.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

No, I'm thinking you have already conquered those regions but want to be able to add those units to a new army without travelling there. As I said in the OP, as Rome I already have access to Cretan Archers but why should I have to move an army from Rome to Sicily to add them??

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, as I said, it would not work like that. They are locked to specific regions because they need specific "resource" column. Without it, you would be able to recruit all of them right away.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

There should be added some more units as AoR to the Seleuids though, they did move populations and stuff like that, just like Alexander moved 30,000 Thracians in India, can't remember the name of the city... Alexandria something on some river or something like that or was it Bucephalia!? Anyway there should be more mercs and AoR for the Seleucids and if Alexander did travel with mercs alongside him why not add a horde of mercs or something. Maybe recruit them from caravans I don't know... just like the Galatians travelled... hordes I guess... recruit from hordes yeah that's it! But that is in Attila though, that mechanic. it could be a a possibility recruit from hordes. But do we have hordes in Rome 2!?

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    No, as I said, it would not work like that. They are locked to specific regions because they need specific "resource" column. Without it, you would be able to recruit all of them right away.
    Thanks for the answer. That's too bad, it'd be a cool/realistic mechanic to build your armies...

Rome2 does not have the global recruitment mechanic of more modern games, unfortunately.