Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R2 feedback

Default Re: R2 feedback

Rad, a small unrelated question but how do you get the year above the minimap?
    I dont have it.
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, Isaac Asimov
    F@ck de massa, grijp de Kassa, Bas Hoorn 2009

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesii View Post
    I dont have it.
    Are you using steam? That is a known issue, I believe.

Got to your "Medieval II Total" War folder and edit your "medieval2.preference.cfg" using notepad++. Add the following line in the bottom of the code "show_hud_date = true" so you have the date showing above the mini map.

After saving the file, make the file read-only so the changes are not cleared afterwards.

I usually suggest making this after customizing all the game settings, since afterwards the file will be read-only and any change made using the options menu of the game, will not be "saved" after you close and open the game another time.

Hope I have helped you.

I dont have it.
    I made no changes regarding that, it has always been that way. Like Raiuga says, it could be a steam issue. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    THE WORLD BEYOND.

It's turn 254 and it's time I start talking about the bigger picture. One of my spies went on a long trip to the Near East, this is what he learned before meeting a rather unfortunate end in Cisalpine Gaul on his return trip (96% chance to successfully enter the city and he dies).

Attachment 364948

The Seleucids have been pushed out of Syria, but they look alive and kicking further east. They have some holdings in Asia Minor as well.

The Ptolemies seem healthy, but have lost Upper Egypt for some reason.

Hayasdan looks like its doing alright for itself. Looking out for number one.

Pergamon and Pontus... well, they're there.

I haven't bothered looking at the Nabataeans, but Saba is destroyed, so I guess they're doing fine.

Western and Central Mediterranean:

Attachment 364949

Rome has expanded both northwest and northeast. Interestingly, they hold Crete and they used to hold Sparta as well.

Makedonia looks like the top dog in Greece and the neighbourhood. KH and Epirus have been resurrected, that and their other enemies might have set them back a bit.

The Aedui and Arverni are in alliance and jointly hold most of Gaul. I am fighting the Arverni atm. I saw Aedui troops parked next to Arverni cities a number of times. It feels like they're acting as a deterrent.

Celtiberians/Lusitanians - They attacked me and are now feeling the consequences.

Faction relations:

Arche Seleukeia: at war with Ptolemaioi, Taksashila, HalMalkut HaNabati - allied with Pergamon

Makedonia: at war with Epeiros, Koinon Hellenon, Ptolemaioi and Pergamon

Ptolemaioi: at war with Makedonia, Arche Seleukeia and Hayasdan - allied with HalMalkut HaNabati and Massylia (that explains some things)

Hayasdan: at war with Ptolemaioi, Pontos and Kimmerios Bosphoros

Romani: at war with Epeiros and Pergamon

Epeiros: at war with Romani and Makedonia

Koinon Hellenon: at war Makedonia

HalMalkut HaNabati: at war with Arche Seleukeia - allied with Ptolemaioi

Lougiones: at war with Swȇbōz - allied with Boii

Kimmerios Bosphoros: at war with Hayasdan, Kimmerios Bosphoros

Taksashila: at war with Arche Seleukeia

Pergamon: at war with Romani and Makedonia - allied with Arche Seleukeia

Saka Rauka: at war with Pahlava

Sauromatae: at war with Kimmerios Bosphoros

Massylia: not at war at the present (but they'll probably try to backstab me again) - allied with Ptolemaioi

Pritanoi: Aedui (I did saw them in northern Gaul/Belgium)

Swȇbōz: at war with Lougiones and Boii

Getai: no war at present (I guess they aren't so restless after all)

Pahlava: at war with Baktria and Saka Rauka

Aedui: at war with Pritanoi - allied with Arverni

Baktria: at war with Pahlava

Pontos: at war with Hayasdan

Arverni/Arevaci/Lusotannan - at war with me. Big mistake.
    I have updated the faction relations report.

Now, commentary.

Invasions: Since my last update back in 213, I have had to endure 6 sieges - 2 in Iberia (both from the Lusitanians), one in southern Gaul (the Arverni want their land back), two in Corsica (them pesky Romans, now with reformed pannoply) and one in southern Italy (it's the Ptolemaioi again). The trouble is that that the AI is not serious enough. The force that AI sends is small, being only 50-80% of my garrison - often just captain led. While they were amusing, I had no trouble beating them. Will this change in the later part of the game? We shall see.

I don't remember being challenged in the open field, though.

@Raiuga
    I indeed use steam .
    I followed your instructions
    I still dont get the date.
    I als tried 1 instead of true.
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, Isaac Asimov
    F@ck de massa, grijp de Kassa, Bas Hoorn 2009

Campidoctor

@Raiuga
    I indeed use steam .
    There should be a config file in the eb mod folder as well, could try the same thing there.

@Raiuga
    I indeed use steam .
    'use the 'non steam' desktop short cut - it's steam compatible'. worked for me. check these posts by Gig for more details. should really be stickied.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'm impressed with that Ptolemaioi army, the AI put a half-decent composition together.

1. No, there's no fallback for the human player of Carthage, only for the AI.

2. Yes, they're actual recruitable units in Lilubim (representing a unit we decided not to give a unit slot to). You might have a combination of the recruitable and captured there.

3. I don't know what you mean here. The timing or the availability or the unit?
    On point 2, is there a name or concept for this unit you guys would be willing to share ? I think its always interesting to see what you guys come up with. Siceliot Hoplites ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12