Thread: Kingdom of Naples

Default Kingdom of Naples

Hi guys! I'm new here (but old Total War player - I played MTW when it was published, if I'm not wrong 2001).

I'm now going to play Napoleon Total War with the Total Factions Mod (provided I will ever be able to install it ). I want to play with the Kingdom of Naples (Naples is where I am from). So, do you know any place where I can know anything about this faction before playing with it (units, advised strategies and the like)?

Thank you in advance! Happy to be here

Default Re: Kingdom of Naples

Quote Originally Posted by APd'A View Post
    Hi guys! I'm new here (but old Total War player - I played MTW when it was published, if I'm not wrong 2001).

I'm now going to play Napoleon Total War with the Total Factions Mod (provided I will ever be able to install it ). I want to play with the Kingdom of Naples (Naples is where I am from). So, do you know any place where I can know anything about this faction before playing with it (units, advised strategies and the like)?

Thank you in advance! Happy to be here
    Hi, as you well know the Kingdom of Naples is not playable and a mod is required. If you play with a mod that unlocks factions, and that doesn't modify the vanilla game, the Kingdom of Naples is a minor faction similar to the others (no elitè units, standard artillery etc). The only two minor factions that have unique units in vanilla game are the Kingdom of Italy and the Kingdom of Bavaria.
    With some mods, such as LME4 or NTW3, the Kingdom of Naples is more fun to play because it has many more units on its roster and greater historical realism.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Hi APd'A!

If you would like to have more units and a more balanced roster for the Kingdom of Naples and want an experience that stays close to the base game, you should check out my Minor Factions Units Mod.

Hi both thanks for your reply. So as far as I see in Emperor Batman's mods Naples and Sicily are the same faction right? How do I install this mod and the other that were hinted at by Xenon?

Quote Originally Posted by APd'A View Post
    Hi both thanks for your reply. So as far as I see in Emperor Batman's mods Naples and Sicily are the same faction right? How do I install this mod and the other that were hinted at by Xenon?
    Ciao APd'A, I think what EB meant was that the skins and unit tipes for Naples and for Sicily are the same. They are separate nations ingame.
    You can find the mods Xenon spoke of here I think(but I don't know what he means by LME4), while EB's are in the link he provided himself.

Thanks for the advice, I also wanted to play for the Kingdom of Naples and was looking for what kind of mod I need.