Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mundus Magnus Map on v1.0 3D map mesh

Default Mundus Magnus Map on v1.0 3D map mesh

I've released my map mesh for Mundus Magnus Map on Steam . Details are:
    This is a version of the Mundus Magnus Map with 3d mesh and textures for Rome Remastered. It is a map only mod and does not include any of the gameplay changes featured in some of the RTW mod versions.
    The map is mainly intended as a base for further modding, but should be playable for a vanilla type experience on a larger map.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    The visible rivers are incomplete, and in some areas may be in the wrong positions.
    The coast surf line is incomplete.
    Volcanoes aren't modelled in the mesh (but may still erupt!).
    The mesh textures have not had proper 'normal' textures generated, they're just using one bland normal texture throughout.
    If you like the textures and general appearance you will probably like the "Princes, Kings and Heroes" mod for M2TW when that is released,
    as they owe something to the WIP versions and styling for that mod.

CREDITS:
    ngr - for the original Mundus Magnus Map
    El Santo Padre (Alejandro Magno) - for his geographical modding for version 4.0
    ahowl11 - for subsequent alterations
    wilddog - for mesh generation for Remastered using the IWTE tool
    makanyane - for transfer to Remastered and map textures

FOR MODDERS:
    The map and components are free to use in other mods, please also include the above credits.
    We hope to upgrade the IWTE tool further to get it to generate complete coastline and river meshes,
    with indents for the rivers included in the mesh pieces.
    Therefore meshes made with later versions of the tool are unlikely to match exactly the current pieces,
    if you spend time adjusting the pieces/rivers/coast etc at the moment you are unlikely to be able to use those parts
    in combination with later versions of mesh re-generated using IWTE!
    Some pics:

If you need to know more about making mesh pieces for Remastered see the Wiki

tldr? The basic mesh process is automated using IWTE, but so far not textures, rivers or surf coastline... we're working on that so it could be possible eventually, and/or Feral might come up with something first

Default Re: Mundus Magnus Map on v1.0 3D map mesh

amazing work, thank you so much for this

ohh i see now that its different map than what i was hopping for (map from this version of mundus magnus https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...s-Magnus-Elite ) , but still great work
    will you port other mods and maps in future?

no

I'm just trying to work out what's needed and help develop the tool so other people can port their own...

ohh, ok, nice, if i may suggest you, you should look how geomod tool for mtw2 works, it can create maps from text files and pictures, like religious map and stuff, so maybe it could save you lots of time if you could just adapt it for rome remastered so that it can create textures and all stuff based on text files and pictures, i rly ike that tool, because its easy to use and it works perfectly without any bugs... i mean i dont know anything about making tools, i just got this idea, so it may help you...

Max-Scribe's Avatar Libertus
    the People's Republic of China (PRC)-Guangdong province

How do you use it?
    It doesn't work in a creative workshop
    Welcome to the QQ group "Anno Domini 600 : Continental Hegemony" (137238345), talking about the modification all together.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=497805

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Scribe View Post
    How do you use it?
    It doesn't work in a creative workshop
    are you replying about running the map? or nightvvisher's suggestion about geomod?

Great map man, but the AI avoids sieges againts rebels and also againts each other...maybe a bug? The AI does not expand at all due to that...

hey, AI is dead in your mod, but i fixed it, in rome remastered ai behaviour has underline like "comfortable caesar" is now spelled "comfortable_caesar" with underline, so better update it with underline in 2 descr_strat files, so AI can function i tested it, just add underline and AI will work...

ah thanks - I hadn't noticed that difference!

if ye will do good map i commend you this site https://www.opentopomap.org/#map=6/30.107/54.778 as ye can see much far of your work

I just contacted you on the steam workshop site but I should have known to come here first. I am encountering the fatal 40-50 turn crash and cannot overcome it. The debug file consistently says the same thing suggesting it's an obsolete chrome application and/or a javascript error. Here is the repeating 3 lines, well 3 lines without word wrap

[0609/204826.936:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "HTML Imports is deprecated and will be removed in M73, around March 2019. Please use ES modules instead. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5144752345317376 for more details.", source: (0)
    [0609/204826.961:INFO:CONSOLE(8672)] "Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Total%20War%20ROME%20REMASTERED/Contents/Resources/FeralUI/Core/3rdParty/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom/js/jquery-1.10.2.js (8672)
    [0609/204827.034:INFO:CONSOLE(6569)] "The specified value "!" does not conform to the required format. The format is "#rrggbb" where rr, gg, bb are two-digit hexadecimal numbers.", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Total%20War%20ROME%20REMASTERED/Contents/Resources/FeralUI/Core/3rdParty/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom/js/jquery-1.10.2.js (6569)

I've traced it down to the exact line in that last this file ( jquery-1.10.2.js ) but I don't know how to fix it, I'm not a coder, but I have modded Rome I extensively and would like to continue using your map as a base, but fatal insurmountable crashes, as you know, are a deal breaker. Could you help me figure out how to fix this? I see many others are having the same problem.

This issue has been overcome.
    Last edited by PatWest; July 11, 2021 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Problem solved
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

If you check the debug file at other points or with other mods do you see any message about that file? The deprecated messages seem to come up with everything and seem related to core game and not the mod.

Do you have a before crash save at around the point it's likely to go?

That could be. Yes I have the save. I've watched it many times and it crashes at different points from the end of the Greek turn to as far as the Spain turn. I remember in Classic RomeTW you could activate an error log in the properties section of the desktop icon. That was very useful but it didn't work for everything. I am only using the 200% movement point mod with MM.
    Last edited by PatWest; June 11, 2021 at 05:26 PM.
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

I meant pretty please could you send me the save??? Then I can try it and go hassle Feral with it if I can't figure it out.

the 200% movement mod might have an influence too - as nothing else in the mod should change from vanilla apart from map scale - I was wondering if it was the map scale and number of pathfinding decisions getting made when the ai had more armies that was killing it

old Rome you could generate a hard-crash no .rwm similar to the land-mass (too much sea) bug, if you extended the movement points too far - basically too many/too complex options = AI splat

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Is the issue with JQuery or the text in the file? Will updating JQuery help?
    https://api.jquery.com/

I have a serious love hate relationship with PC's. I just tried it without the movement mod and no problems. So just for the hell of it I tried it again with the movement mod activated again and it worked fine. This is after 8-10 straight crashes before. I did have another Windows update a day ago so maybe that fixed it. I'll update you on any changes in status. I'm looking forward to playing with this Mod and making a few submods, Ha, modding is like crack or meth.

Really appreciate this mod. One thing I noticed, however, is several AIs (even after the recent update), still don't attack rebel cities or other factions unless provoked. These factions are: The Seleucids, Spain, Britannia, Germania, Egypt, Dacia, Thrace, and Macedon. For example in my initial run Britannia, Thrace, and Dacia stayed in their only cities for the entire game, the Seleucids didn't move into Arabia, etc.

I did a bit of poking around and noticed that some custom personalities (e.g. "Balanced_Napoleon" for the Seleucids) were defined in descr_strat. Turns out there is a new file in RTW: Remastered called feral_descr_ai_personality.txt which for some reason specifically defines personalities (e.g. comfortable_caesar is building_priority comfortable military_priority caesar diplomatic_priority default). If custom personalities that aren't present in the default game (e.g. "Balanced_Napoleon") aren't defined here, the AI has aggression set to 0 and does nothing offensive. After fixing these, all AI but Germany functioned properly.

To fix Germany as well, I switched their personality in descr_strat to "Trader_Napoleon" because I knew that one worked, and they ended up capturing rebel cities (although Gaul and Dacia still ended up destroying them).

I can send over the file that I edited with the proper defined personalities if needed, I tried uploading to steam and it hasn't been working...

ah, thanks Sequel Sentry! I was making the mistake of thinking if I left the old RTW values the same it would all work...

I've got a couple of updates I should do to the mod but trying to update the Steam version was glitching for me, so I was waiting till I had a more bits to add - if you could send your working file that would be great!

(and I'll try and spread the news about the combinations having to be in the feral_descr_ai !

https://we.tl/t-H7a1ProSRJ

Should have two files, first one is the one I told you about, the second is a save file which has given me errors. The save appears to crash having something to do with the Seleucids taking Palmyra or Egypt taking Bostra, as the game on Egypt's turn or the Seleucids turn (disabling one or the other still crashed, disabling both let the game run). I've unified rome and made a couple of building edits on here so it might need more files, let me know if that's the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast