Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IWTE - Map Mesh Generator for Rome Remastered

Default Re: IWTE - Map Mesh Generator for Rome Remastered

ok, thank you, its working with that map_features.tga now, i also wanna mention that IWTE_launch.bat is looking for older version exe, so you should update it in notepad to: "IWTE_v21_07_A.exe", ill try to fix my map_features.tga, i hope ill be able to make it work...

but now when i look at it, i rly dont know what to do, there are so many sources that are so close in hispania only... and whole map is like that...

the bits you've shown should probably be fine - the issue was where the source directly connected to the river in two directions the bit circled on the right in these pics - there was also another problem with the part circled on the left, because of the combination of lots of sources and outflows having the outflow end there confused everything so I changed that to a source - before and after pics of the problem areas

Before:

After:

and yeah we're fixing the .bat file, there's a version with some minor tweaks coming, but it shouldn't affect you with this.

ohh, ok, thank you,

i need to ask you about some stuff on map features, for example this river, i marked with light green, when i delete that small part error is no more, but how can i fix it without deleting that whole section?

and when i delete it like this, its working

you could try making the source for that bit an end (so normal dark blue instead of the white pixel)

but I'm honestly not sure why that's breaking - could you send your set of map files including the non-working version of that map_features.tga so we can test?

Private message me the link to the files if you'd prefer not to post them in the thread.

here are files, i still didnt finnish map features, i was going bit by bit, like i deleted all rivers but rivers in france, then if its not working i delete river by river to find what is causing error and so on, this are original files, with unchanged map features

and this is what i changed so far in map features, but i know that something around danube river is not working and thats next thing that ill try to fix, for now i know that hispania, france, britain, germany, africa and poland are fine and they are not causing errors, if you know any faster way to do this, pls show me as this is so annoying...

Thanks I've downloaded them and will look tomorrow, it's obviously not meant to be this difficult to get a map through the mesh process!

ok, thank you <3

This should work - there were a few minor problems - I'll try and explain more later but have to go out now...

and also wilddog will try and improve error messages for later versions...

map_features.zip

haven't had time to fix it but just noticed you have a problem here

it's caused by the end of the river you should have there being incorrect colour on your map_features.tga - you'll need to fix that on the version attached

ok, i see, thank you so much, if error messages would be able to tell coordinates and map name that would be perfect, but i dont know how hard would that be to make

hey, i know im annoying and im rly sorry about that, but i need to ask now about other stuff like "frame.cas", will game produce one or what and do i need to write by hand files like "descr_map_tiles.txt" also as all textures have "albedo" in their name, is there any fast way to rename all textures and delete "albedo" from their name or ill need to do it manually on by one...

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Coordinates for the problem ones is being added for the next release. It will likely only tell you one at a time to begin with though as it may be one that can't progress through the next sections.
    At the moment IWTE doesn't produce the descr_map_tiles.txt so you need to do that. I might try and add a generic one so at least its basically setup. The way IWTE is doing the textures is to put them in a specific folder so in the descr_map_tiles.text you should be able to refer to the name generated and just change the folder name part of it. ie all the material ones will be in material so its best to use a folder derived from that and not spread the individual normal maps into a per piece folder with the piece albedo. ie point all the materials to point at a material folder where you have all the piece materials. That way you just create the material TGA and convert the material TGA to DDS (and compress them) then use the DDS folder and place it in the correct path referenced by the descr_map_tiles.txt.

ok, thank you for info, also it would be good if you could make it that iwte automaticaly name winter textures with "W" included like "w085.tga" or "w_albedo.085.tga", anyways its great tool and im rly grateful for it, im looking forvard to next versions <3

i guess file was too big so i couldnt post it as attachemnt, but this is what i made so far, i took mod folder from mundus magnus and replaced all files there with my own, but im missing frame.cas and rome remastered wont produce filelist.json, can you please take a look when you got some free time and tell me is this ok and what should i change... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZRV...ew?usp=sharing i know i have to change ai personalities and stuff like that but ill do that later i just wont you to look folder structure and what files should i add and stuff like that... i think link should work this is first time im using google drive...

I'm downloading it now.

on the filelist thing which version of RR are you using? If you're not already you should switch to the beta for 2.0.2 it fixes a lot of the problems including one that 2.0.1 had with 0kb files stopping the .json working

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

The naming of winter files won't happen. Its basically because it only processes one set of data at a time so if you want winter textures you would simply copy the produced winter dds files (from the winter setup of textures you run) into a sub folder you would call winter or whatever folder name you decided to put the winter ones in. No need to change anything at the individual file level just set up the calling txt file to have a winter folder and a summer folder and copy the dds into it otherwise you would be making more work for yourself.

in the 2.0.2. beta it will generate the filelist.json for me without changing anything else, but you need the modinfo.json file in there for it to recognise it properly as a mod, just copy the MM one and change the modname bit

EDIT: I do need to know which version you're on if you're not on the beta the files need to be in data/terrain/campaign/pieces etc

if you're using the beta they need to be in data/terrain/campaign/imperial_campaign/where_your_descr_map_tiles.txt_says_it_is...

without doing spot the difference it's hard for me to tell which you're using as everything downloaded with the same date created time!

im using beta patch 2.0.2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast