Thread: Small Preview of Upcoming Changes

Default Small Preview of Upcoming Changes

I forgot to post it here, but we are working on some changes for the next 1.2.8 update of the mod. You can read more about them here: https://divideetimperamod.com/128-preview/

Hopefully we will have some more full size traditional TWC previews coming soon with more details about our summer release!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Small Preview of Upcoming Changes

Hi! Could you please add a submod where you can set population for elite units or some kind of mechanics to increase it faster?

Please pay some attention to Etruria if somehow possible
    one or two more italian units or so...
    ​VICTORIOSO SEMPER

Sounds very promising, especially the AI units. Looking forward to to it

Can't wait for the update! I'm super excited about the Greek roster updates!

Semisalis

I was about to start a new campaign, but these changes sound so great that I'll wait. Especially looking forward to Colchis changes.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

New stuff for Massalia !
    I love you guys !

Massalia always goes ham so I hope you're toning them down some.

Artifex

Oh yeah it would be nice to add some Black Sea Hoplites in Dacian lands as AoR and/or Mercs due to the great number of ex-Greek colonies like Olbia, Histria, Tomis, Callatis, Dionysopolis, Odessos and so on.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by tuli View Post
    Massalia always goes ham so I hope you're toning them down some.
    I guess I'm old or losing touch culturally - what does "Massalia always goes ham" mean please ?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

conceptually butchered I think

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    I guess I'm old or losing touch culturally - what does "Massalia always goes ham" mean please ?
    "Going Ham" implies they are going crazy and are too strong in this context.

Excited for 1.2.8

It sounds great! Looking forward to it!

Hopefully in a future update you could add something to the Seleucids, some galatian, some persian or even indian sword units to spice them up, because they went from the most overpowered successor faction to the most bland, only pikes and spears as infantry, with their unique/specific units coming only from the first class citizen pool. Pergamon, by comparison, on which you've done an amazing upgrade from what it was, now has has a more interesting roster than the Seleucids and that sticks up like a sore thumb, since Pergamon didn't have the manpower the Seleucid had. Even Pontus and Armenia have a more diversified and interesting roster than the mighty Seleucid behemoth. So please, a little love for the Seleucids, some AoR, some merc units, you decide.

Also, some nitpick regarding the Thracian/Odryssian kingdom roster: all the worthy units come from the warrior class, even the two vastly different in quality pikemen. Iphicratean pikes should remain warrior class and the other (can't remember the name) should be from the third citizen class, because nobody would recruit the same type of unit, but of lower quality, from the same citizen class.

And finally, Carthage needs to get another look. Their roster is great, but in order to get to it you have to build at least a third tier barracks, which takes a lot of time to research and money to get there, especially when they start so spread thin. Either make those troops available at the second tier barracks or add some AoR and more merc units from Africa and Iberia. Also, they seem very weak in every campaign. From a faction that almost wiped out the overpowered Rome, they seem to struggle everywhere, in Sicily, in Iberia, even in Africa.

In general I think it'd serve the mod well to just reduce recruitment/buff buildings to one and up the build times, initial cost and maintenance. Would help the AI as well.

Artifex

I would recommend for the Seleucids the fallowing Mercs/Aor:

"Allied, vassal and mercenary infantry[edit]

Due to the lack of Greeks in the lands of the Seleucid kingdom, the use of allied, vassal and mercenary troops was great. They were often used as light and auxiliary troops, supplementing the phalanx and cavalry. Large numbers of native contingents fought at the Battle of Raphia in 217 BC. Among them were 10,000 Arab infantry, 5,000 Dahai, Carmanians and Cilicians.[25] Certain ethnic contingents, be they vassal or mercenary, were of considerable use. For example, Thracian mercenaries along with Mysian, Cilician, Lycian, and Vassal troops from the mountainous areas of the empire were used by Antiochus III in conjunction with Thorakitai in his storming of the Elburz range in 210 BC.[26] The Persian and Iranian troops were most likely of a higher professional military standing than most of the other contingents, as they are seen on garrison duty throughout the empire.[27] In the review at Daphne in 166 BC, the large numbers of allied and vassal contingents are missing. They were of doubtful reliability, usefulness and efficiency. So much so that Appian blamed them for the defeat at the Battle of Magnesia in 190 BC.[28] The absence of auxiliaries from the army of Antiochus IV may have contributed to its strength. Making up for the loss of ethnic contingents, the army was supplemented by mercenaries, who were more experienced and better trained. The Thracian and Galatian mercenaries at Daphne would have been of good use in campaigns in the rough, hilly terrain. For example, the arms and equipment of the Thracian troops allowed the individual soldier greater mobility and freer action in hand-to-hand combat than a phalangite could adopt.[29]"

Taken from Wikipedia