Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get the Getai reform to happen (the protectors event especially)

Default Can't get the Getai reform to happen (the protectors event especially)

Hello!

I've been playing on the latest patch with the hotfix applied. This is my second run with the Getai, around 100 turns in at the moment (the previous one was I think around 150 turns) and the reform even is frozen in an endless loop - what I mean by this - I get a pop-up about a Scythian invasion when no troops ever appear there to fight them. I fought all battles against the Scythians on this run in battle mode no autoresolve and except one, all were fought with the faction leader as general. So at the moment I have 2 pop-ups that keep happening - 1 says about the Scythian invasion and other one it gives me a yes or no if I want to become protector of Greek cities (regardless if I press yes or no, still nothing really happens) and the event just keeps coming back several turns later.
    Did I mess something up or is the script broken? Is there a way to fire the changes by console?
    Thanks in advance for any info

Default Re: Can't get the Getai reform to happen (the protectors event especially)

I did all that I could think of doing for the event and the trait to fire - not sure... what I missed? Should I still be waiting for anything to happen or it's bugged? I fight each battle with all Scythians that pop up for the last 20 or so turns - I still get a pop-up that Histria is going to be raided, but nothing really ever appears, no massive stack to fight for it - also another event where I am asked to become protector - I press yes and nothing happens.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/RTmXdMbm5xmLV2Px8 - the map with settlements + the faction leader with sufficient stats.

Default Re: Can't get the Getai reform to happen (the protectors event especially)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad-Tudor View Post
    I did all that I could think of doing for the event and the trait to fire - not sure... what I missed? Should I still be waiting for anything to happen or it's bugged? I fight each battle with all Scythians that pop up for the last 20 or so turns - I still get a pop-up that Histria is going to be raided, but nothing really ever appears, no massive stack to fight for it - also another event where I am asked to become protector - I press yes and nothing happens.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/RTmXdMbm5xmLV2Px8 - the map with settlements + the faction leader with sufficient stats.
    i didnt get far into Getai campaign at all due to persistent ctds when fighting rebels, but for the rebel stack that meant to appear, it may have been merged/wandered off with other rebels? have a look around. i had a problem identifying it as well.

I did 3 complete runs 150+ turns to have this complete mess happening again and again and again - you just get locked in a loop of events "become protector + skythian raiders" forever. It's pretty frustrating that this stuff is not clearly explained, not going to lie.
    Now, on the third run I am thinking if I should actually have waited and let the rebels do something specific? 2nd run I sallied out and I was bugged in the loop, this run I attacked the stack from outside the sieged city. Should I surround the city with 1 unit armies to block them from sieging it? Or should I wait for a turn - 3 turns because it writes in the campaign script "campaign_wait 3 turns".

The campaign_wait is for the processor, not you. It tells the game to pause for hundredths of a second so it can process things.

I'll have to take a look at those parts of the script.

@QuintusSertorius Here are the 3 last saves for each of the run: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...9U?usp=sharing

Could be that maybe I did something wrong or wasn't able to read the requirements of the campaign in the campaign script properly as I am not really an IT guy.

Thank you for the response!
    Last edited by Vlad-Tudor; May 21, 2021 at 05:10 PM.

Sorry, I can't do anything with saved games, I don't have the released version. I've got the development build and an altered R2.

I wrote the script, so I need to have a browse through and see what's going on, because it shouldn't be getting stuck in repetitive loops.

No problem, I thought it might help - therefore the share. Basically both events pop-up maybe once at each four turns and no stack happens - maybe it appears once 10 turns or so (but it isn't a massive stack, after the first one just 2-3 units like the typical automatic rebels). I tried capturing in once of the run all the Skythian and Crimean cities as well, tried destroying buildings in them, but to no avail. What I also thought about doing was teleporting via the console Skythian rebels from other provinces to Histria but finding their names to move them by console was impossible and even manually they retreat a bit hectically if I try to push them each turn towards Histria by attacking them with a much bigger army.

The Skythian Raiders are supposed to turn up repeatedly, they should spawn in Mikra Skythia kai Pentapolis in summer (more commonly 6-unit stacks, occasionally 10-unit stacks - they're titled "Skythian Raiders"). If you defeat a Rebel stack in that province without owning it, you get tribute money. The raids still happen if you own it.

Once at least 5 summer raids have happened, the Becoming Protectors notice should trigger. If you accept, a big Skythian stack should spawn and try to besiege Histrie the turn after (the one named "Skythian Invasion"). You need to kill that stack to flip a switch needed in the reform (because the leader is a labelled character).

I've added a couple of lines to stop Becoming Protectors or the spawn happening again, but I can't see anything wrong with the script otherwise. I'll move the spawn as well, just in case there's an issue with that tile next to the river.

@Quintus

Hello!

I might (?) have a similar problem. The Protectors even happened, and next turn a skythian invasion force appeared (Alongside the appropriate "Skythian invasion" message), immediately sieged Histria and proceeded to be auto-resolve-killed by me one turn later.

My Razas has not received a new trait, like he did for "Freeing Moisia". I assume this is alright as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    @Quintus

Hello!

I might (?) have a similar problem. The Protectors even happened, and next turn a skythian invasion force appeared (Alongside the appropriate "Skythian invasion" message), immediately sieged Histria and proceeded to be auto-resolve-killed by me one turn later.

My Razas has not received a new trait, like he did for "Freeing Moisia". I assume this is alright as is?

Hi. What turn you into the Getai camapaign? I am in 350 s and I did not get the reforms after fighting off skythians. So I do not have the best goverment in two of my Karpathian settlements.

I was at turn 90 when I took Histrie. I have since conquered Landa Skordiskoi and received a message telling me about the Triballes returning to their lands, etc. Now I assume everything is in order, and I only have to sack Streuinta to get the Reform. And also "Survive the Bastarnae Invasion", whenever that happens. You really should expand the players guide.

I sacked Streuinta just now and defeated all those Skythian invasions and Basternai migration happened a while a go but not an a scripted invasion. So not sure when will that happen. Yeah players help on getai not much help lol.

And? Did you get the reform?

I did not. I believe the reason scripted events did not happened to me because I auto-resolved all of the skythian invasions. I am at turn 455 and both Zermizegetusa and Klapidava have over 75% culture. So I have not received reform. Isacked Streuinta and held my army there for 2 turns and then the settlement revolted. So no reform for me. Probably the script ends when you auto-resolve battles.

What!? That should be more clearly communicated, thats ridiculous. I checked the campaign_script and it doesnt seem to say anything about having to fight the battles manually. But I might be wrong. Would be hella nice if one of the Devs chimed in here, since this is incredibly annoying and bad.

The only thing that requires you to fight battles on the battlemap are the Skythai Raids. As in none of them will get you the big tribute if you autocalc them.

The script does not end if you autocalc the battles.

I did not fight skythai raids on battlemap.

Yeah, nah, I autocalcd the great skythai invasion after I had taken Histrie. No more raids after that, no reform either. This needs to be communicated, its literally one line at the beginning "YOU NEED TO FIGHT THIS MANUALLY OR LOSE ACCESS TO THE REFORMS". I wasted hours on this now. For s sake.

You both misunderstood. You don't have to fight the raids on the battlemap, but you will only get the smaller tribute amount.

You are not required to fight the invasion on the battlemap, but if you don't kill the general leading the stack, you won't satisfy the reform condition that he is dead. I think Rebels always die when their stack is defeated, but why take the chance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast