Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't get the Getai reform to happen (the protectors event especially)

Default Re: Can't get the Getai reform to happen (the protectors event especially)

It s okay I am enjoying campaign nonetheless. I don t even remember wether I fought last Skythian invasion on autoresolve or battlemap lol. I remember they stoped appearing after some time I had Histrie. One larger stack appeared and I can t remember what happened to it lol. I also noticed one easter egg- a random Galatai stack spawned in Mikra Asia and came to Thrakia to fight me lol which was fun.
    Last edited by bordinis; July 13, 2021 at 01:19 PM.

Default Re: Can't get the Getai reform to happen (the protectors event especially)

I one hundred percent killed the Skythian general, I raided Streuinta, my Leader is a living legend and famous tarabostes, etc.
    What turn does the Bastarnae migration happen?

Domaje's Avatar Civis

You need to conquer Streuinta and Noreia. Only when you have both the Bastarnae invasion should trigger, and that should unlock the reform.

Ah I see! I did that, the Invasion triggered (Two armies spawned) I defeated it - No Reform in sight, two turns later. Its now turn 166.

Ok, so ten turns later the reform fired.
    The requirements are:
    - Take Histrie
    - Defeat Skythian Invasion (Kill General of that army)
    - Defeat Army that spawns after you take Zikideva
    - Take Skordiskoi lands
    - Take Noreia and Streuinta (Need to be sacked, so don't have to keep them)
    - Kill invasion of Bastarnae

Receive one unit in return. All in all, feels a little lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Ok, so ten turns later the reform fired.
    The requirements are:
    - Take Histrie
    - Defeat Skythian Invasion (Kill General of that army)
    - Defeat Army that spawns after you take Zikideva
    - Take Skordiskoi lands
    - Take Noreia and Streuinta (Need to be sacked, so don't have to keep them)
    - Kill invasion of Bastarnae

Receive one unit in return. All in all, feels a little lacking.
    You also gain the ability to construct the top-level Getai government in core Dacian regions, recruit Agema Daoan, and convert the culture of regions to Urbanised Tribal States. This helps set you up for imperial gameplay where newly conquered regions are forced to adopt Getai culture whether they like it or not. You can carve your way deep into Western Europe and hold onto it as well thanks to this cultural imperialism.

Yes I got the reform aswell. Elite spearmen are underwhelming since very limited recruitment of them. Also the light stratiotai are reduced in recruitment in both Karpathian settlements but probably because they will add later on heavier version of spearmen and foot archers. Thrakian slingers and light cavalry is a nice addition to Karpathian regions. So reform works also I would add that the faction leader has to be "famous tarabostes" and have authority of 8+.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12