Thread: Difficulty Settings ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Difficulty Settings ?

I play 40 unit saves, and I can edit the battle difficulty once I load the save, but the campaign difficulty is set but starting a new game once Empire is loaded, which I don't do because I'm playing 40 unit campaigns.

Does anyone know what the default 40 unit save difficulty is ? Is there any way to change it ? I want to play a H/H campaign.

Also, I have DM 8.0.1 Platinum, though I seem to remember I once had Darthmod Ultimate Commander - was that a previous version of DM Platinum 8.0.1 ?

Thanks

Default Re: Difficulty Settings ?

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    I play 40 unit saves, and I can edit the battle difficulty once I load the save, but the campaign difficulty is set but starting a new game once Empire is loaded, which I don't do because I'm playing 40 unit campaigns.

Does anyone know what the default 40 unit save difficulty is ? Is there any way to change it ? I want to play a H/H campaign.

Also, I have DM 8.0.1 Platinum, though I seem to remember I once had Darthmod Ultimate Commander - was that a previous version of DM Platinum 8.0.1 ?

Thanks
    I just re-installed Empire and this mod... superb era!

You can change the battle difficulty by pressing escape->game settings->battle difficulty after loading your 40 unit save file. Always remember to to save afterwards!

DM Platinum 8.0.1 is the last patch for the last version of DME which is Platinum 8.0

Hope it helps!
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Default Re: Difficulty Settings ?

Yeah that's the battle difficulty, I want to change the campaign difficulty, which is normally done after selecting a new campaign from the main menu, but the 40 unit feature can only be used with pre-created saved games, which byapsses the campaign difficulty selection menu.

I think I might be able to find a save game editor or something that lets me change the campaign difficulty but I'm worried that won't be clean and will mess things up.

The only other option I can think of is starting a new campaign and modding the 20 unit campaign into a 40 unit campaign, but I don't have experience doing that and it seems to be more hassle than it's worth.

Thanks for trying to help anyway, I appreciate it.