Thread: Are there any plans to make changes to the politics system (especially for Roman factions)?

Default Are there any plans to make changes to the politics system (especially for Roman factions)?

I do not even want to begin to talk about the current system because talking about it just gets me more annoyed with it.
    Instead i will just ask the question, any plans at all to make changes to it ?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Are there any plans to make changes to the politics system (especially for Roman factions)?

I am not sure if there is much room for changes tho there are some updates to gravitas coming.

Can you suggest whact exactly are you looking for?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Default Re: Are there any plans to make changes to the politics system (especially for Roman factions)?

Aparently i do not have permission to edit my posts so i guess i have to make a second post in this topic.
    After taking a deep breath i wanted to explain at least one major issues i have with the current system. Bare with me.

I am playing as Rome, Nobiles.
    Since i began my campaign i have once each turn (in the Character tab) pressed the "Gather Support" (blue line) button to increase influence at the expense of loyalty, but i have countered this with giving "Send Gift" (yellow line) & when able to used "Secure Loyalty" (in the Politics tab) for each of the 3 other parties.
    I did this to reach 65% influence & positive loyalty with the other parties, and once i got there (about 150 turns in ) I changed government form into Empire, yay!

Now my real problem starts, i seem to be stuck at 65% which means i am at the very bad "Whispers of Tyranny in the Senate" & i am without any means of lowering my influence because of my second problem which i will explain now.
    Gravitas i have read is supposed to increase influence, but since i have pressed the "Gather Support" button each turn the Equites, Patrici and Plebeian character gravitas becomes less and less important. Now they have together thousands of gravitas, and i only have 1 Emperor with 83 Gravitas, but it does not matter anymore when counting the influence, since i have been pressing the "Gather Support" button and rendered their Gravitas useless when counting towards Influence.

My third fear is that when some of the Equites, Patrici and Plebeian Characters with over 1000 Gravitas dies of old age, my influence will skyrocket and get stuck forever on "Outright Tyranny over the Senate".

Have i during the course of this long campaign also unknowingly poisoned it and made it unplayable?

Edit: It has started to decrease sometimes now and i am back in the good influence, but the system is still wonky in my mind, for example the only option in order to keep Loyalty with higher Gravitas characters is often only possible with "Send Gift", the problem is that the gift price is increasing each time i use that feature.

So i guess i have one suggestion/change that would be great. If the "Send Gift" price stayed fixed, instead of going up infinitely.