Thread: How Do Merchants Work in RTW Remastered?

Default How Do Merchants Work in RTW Remastered?

As in title.

I'm having trouble seeing how they work.

Can a merchant generate money from standing in a province, or do they need to be on a resource?

Can merchants trade when hosted by armies?
    "The Moving Finger Writes and having writ moves on nor all thy piety nor wit can lure it back to cancel even half a line nor all thy tears wash out a single word" (Omar Khayyam).

I think that probably my greatest achievement was introducing Ozymandias to these boards.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: How Do Merchants Work in RTW Remastered?

Very timely for you guide is here.

It looks to me that the trade system in the RTW:R is the most convincing of all TW historical games (until now it was Medieval2), imo.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus of Byzantium View Post

I'm having trouble seeing how they work.

Can a merchant generate money from standing in a province, or do they need to be on a resource?
    I have found the easiest thing for me has been to ( toggle_fow) , then click on the merchant to see the best price you can get from far away resource points. Since the merchant represents a trade route as well as the resource value, holding the cursor over the trade item will not only give the resource value but also the total money generated from the trade route with that particular province.

Hope this helps....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    I have found the easiest thing for me has been to ( toggle_fow) , then click on the merchant to see the best price you can get from far away resource points. Since the merchant represents a trade route as well as the resource value, holding the cursor over the trade item will not only give the resource value but also the total money generated from the trade route with that particular province.

Hope this helps....
    I need to ask then is the Trade Value the Merchant has with a particular resource just it's own income and the trade of a particular settlement that the Merchant is improving it's own separate thing, therefore meaning the Merchant is making more than it first appears to be?