Thread: Issue Adding Certain Units to Faction

Default Issue Adding Certain Units to Faction

It's been awhile since I played Rome 2, and I decided to give Pontus a play with an expanded roster. I made a quick mod just using the buildings_units_allowed, commander_unit_permission and units_to_faction_permission tables which as I remember are all I really needed. I looked at the exclusive units table, but didn't see anything important there, so skipped it at least for the moment. Of the units I added however only about half show up as recruitable. Specifically despite having them tied to the greek military buildings, a unique key, and in the pontic military group, Thracian Warrions, Thracian Nobles, Amazonian Riders, Scythian Noblewomen and Royal Horse Archers don't show up as recruitable in the campaign. I don't remember having this issue in the past, except with things like roman legionaries, since they have a technology requirement. My searches so far haven't been helpful, and I'm wondering if anything has changed in the last few years or if I've forgotten/missed something.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Issue Adding Certain Units to Faction

First thing, what comes in my mind, is that the unique number is already used somewhere else. I use always one which has my birthday as first part of the number.

The tables sound right.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Played with it some more today and found that it was ultimately due to a typo renaming buildings_units_allowed. Works now. Thank you.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

As a modder i can say: In 99,99 % its a typo.

Good to hear, that your problem is solved.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day