Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total Conquest - Remastered

Default Total Conquest - Remastered

Mod download link: Click!

We are back and better than ever! After a long delay, Total Conquest returns with a vengeance. Experience Rome Total War like never before: with brand new mechanics, factions and features which Total War games had not seen in the past.

TC utilises the engine's various new features: from lifted faction limits, through combined gameplay features of Rome's original expansions, to heavily scripted events.

Total Conquest features 51 factions on its campaign map. Spartans, Athenians, Ptolemaic Kingdom, Brennus' Horde and various others have joined the fray.

In addition to vanilla factions, there are nine new playable factions. Others will be made playable as time goes on and their roasters are fleshed out! At the moment, many are copies of existing factions, but we want to provide a unique experience to many of these. Sadly, we didn't have the time to do everything... yet!

In addition, some factions can only appear if specific conditions had been met. It's all for you to find out!

The mod makes use of various features from the game's original expansions. On top of that, completely new mechanics had been built, utilising expanded scripting functionality Feral has built into the latest patch. Total Conquest has completely custom scripts allowing us to depict things like Roman Civil War, Senate system, Garrison spawning, Recent Conquest penalties, Civilisation Mechanic, Area of Recruitment system and many others.

As time goes on, new mechanics will be added, and existing ones improved. Total Conquest is here to stay!

Rome was not built in a day, and nor will your new Empire! TC has increased costs and build times for buildings, meaning you'll have to think carefully about what choices you make. No longer will your settlements sit idly because everything has been built already. Ability of a settlement to reach a higher level depends on its Civilisation Status, which grows slowly over time. Different factions have different growth rates, meaning Barbarians are far less likely to achieve sprawling cities in the same time frame as the Romans or Greeks.

Razing and enslaving a settlement will now hinder its ability to grow for many turns, meaning mindless extermination will cost you in the long run. When a settlement is captured, if it's not considered a core of your nation, you'll receive severe economic and public order penalties for a number of turns - until the situation stabilises. You can always go in heavy handed and establish brutal oppression of the local populace, but that will cost you - both in coin, and in flight of the people who live there. You're also only able to recruit your faction's troops in core settlements - otherwise you'll have to rely on local levies, meaning you armies will need to march out on campaigns, and eventually return to their homelands to resupply.

New units for both new and existing factions supplement an already rich roster. These units have been carefully balanced in mind with existing vanilla troops. Recruit local levies of various cultures, discover a new Roman military reform and find new ways to play!

• My amazing wife Liia for being really supportive of my hobby, even though it takes up so much of my time
    • Feral for making all this possible and putting up with our whining
    • Ahowl and Makanyane for their work on MM and modding research
    • wilddog for his work on IWTE and short but funny remarks
    • Agugus, Pinarius, Lusted, KLA, Algaman, Milner and Ferresfor for their awesome unit models
    • KurdishNomad, Ardwin22, Swagger, Aradan and all the others not named here for their Remastered modding research
    • Melkor for contributing his awesome and refreshing ideas
    • Lanjane for running the RTW Modding Community discord, which is a great resource
    • Warlock Engineer, Senor Kuchen and Engel for their contribution to TC
    • Main theme: Legionnaire" by Scott Buckley

Total Conquest is my pet project, and has consumed hundreds of hours since its conception. Time spent on it even hindered the development of my other work. If you appreciate the mod, please consider wishlisting my upcoming game, Citizens, on Steam. It would mean the world to me! Demo is also available, so please have a play!
    Last edited by komisarek; December 13, 2021 at 01:41 AM.

Default Re: Total Conquest - Remastered

does it have 4 turns per year?

Quote Originally Posted by melkor400 View Post
    does it have 4 turns per year?
    No, it does not currently. We are considering adding it in though.

As I can't seem to be able to edit my own message, here is a new workshop link https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2486648499
    Our mod was deleted during an update. Feral is aware of the issue and it will be fixed in the next update.

This looks great. I've done some modding work and published it on Steam as "Banners Mod" -- lots of icon and banner mods as well as improved skins for Hastati, Princepes, Triarii, Seleucid Legionaries, Gallic Warbands, Greek heavy peltasts, Carthaginian Sacred Band, Numidian Legionaries etc. I wonder if you'd be interested in utilizing my stuff.? I'm keen to go on and mod more unit skins. If interested have a look at the screenshots on the steam workshop for my mod.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

XGM you say???!!! This is reason enough to enter again in this Zeus-forsaken place

How do I install this for non steam version? Yeah, pirate! I'll get the game as soon as it's on sale.

Reserved
    Last edited by komisarek; December 05, 2021 at 03:45 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This looks like a great mod, thank you! I'm intrigued by the feature that some factions only appear when certain conditions are met. I like the idea of being able to recruit local levies of various cultures - in Total War games, I enjoy exploring the map and seeing different units that are recruitable in different areas.

You asked why you can't edit your posts. If you haven't already found it, I recommend Shankbot's Unofificial Guide for New Members. This explains that you can edit your posts and add a signature when you have 25 posts (and when you've been a member for a week).

Easy ways to boost your word count include sharing your knowledge in the Mod Workshop (you've already done this), posting on the threads of other modders to encourage them, taking part in general discussion about games that you play, posting to say that you've voted in picture competitions (entering picture competitions can also be a way to demonstrate your mod), commenting on creative writing and AARs in the Writers' Study, and participating in games in the Coliseum.

a patch just landed. It's a small content update for you all to enjoy! 😄

- Added 6 new buildings. They can be accessed by destroying the locked decision building. Governor must be present in the settlement for them to be activated. These buildings are settlement policies, and will only be active when a governor is present! These buildings are:

Policy: Harsh Treatment
    Only active in NON CORE provinces
    The local population should fall in line, as they feel the strength of our whip on their backs. Decreased trade and happiness in exchange for obedience``
    Policy: Assimilation Effort
    Only active in NON CORE provinces
    Double the speed of province coring. Love conquers all. By demanding the locals accept our ways, even forcefully, we will be able to recognise this as our own province sooner.
    Policy: Trade Focus
    Lowered taxes have led to a massive uptick in trade. However, where there is wealth, there is also crime and corruption. Large increase in trade income at a cost of tax and happiness
    Policy: Civilisation Effort
    Double Civilisation acquisition in this province. The beginnings of all things are small - after all, Rome was not built in a day. Great many men are gathering together, doing their best to bring this province into a new age.
    Policy: Forced Evictions
    Increased taxes at a cost of happiness and population growth. Many believe that the result justifies the deed. Local population has proven a burden on the state, and therefore must leave. All lands are to be confiscated.
    Policy: Wealth Acquisition
    Tax increase at a cost of population's happiness
    Money is the soul of war. Local population carries a burden of increased taxes. Naturally, not all take kindly to this policy.
    Additionally, new mechanic is introduced. Civilisation reduced in exterminated and enslaved settlements now has a chance to be slowly redistributed across your empire!

Enslaved and exterminated civilisation value is added to a pool, which is evaluated at the beginning of each turn. Civilisation which has been looted from the enemy will be slowly redistributed in the player’s owned settlements. Each turn, a settlement has 15% chance to grow by 2% provided we have some looted civilisation stored. There is also a 50% chance of that 2% disappearing altogether, without making a contribution to any settlement. There is no way to view the pool, without checking the message_log file. We could think of this system as imitating soldiers stealing and looting goods and technology that eventually may or may not make a contribution to their society.

Please forgive my ignorance, how do I download the mod itself please?

Kind Regards

Joe

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

@joelangdale7

At the very top of the original post is a link to the steam page for the mod and accompanying download button. I’m fairly certain you have to be logged into steam with your RTW Remastered installed for it to work.

Also @Komisarek: Very good work and I can see why the Curia has nominated you for an award for your modding work. It’d be really great to see you stick around and come see the other great parts of TWC while you’re here
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Quote Originally Posted by joelangdale7 View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, how do I download the mod itself please?
    Kind Regards
    Joe
    As @ggggtotalwarrior pointed out, it's a steam workshop release. Honestly it's the easiest way to share the mod, and I believe most people have RR on Steam anyway. If you bought it on another platform let me know, and I'll see what I can do!

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    @joelangdale7
    Also @Komisarek: Very good work and I can see why the Curia has nominated you for an award for your modding work. It’d be really great to see you stick around and come see the other great parts of TWC while you’re here
    I had absolutely no idea I was nominated until you told me. Quite an honour I was lurking on TWC for quite a while, just didn't post much. Figured it was time to make a contribution

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Would you consider a 12 turns per year with everything slower?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Would you consider a 12 turns per year with everything slower?
    If the campaign was on micro scale, sure. But is there really any benefit to this? The campaign now spans some 600 turns already, and we aim to increase that by creating events like Barbarian migrations and rise of Christianity. I don't think making this mod 12 turns per year would have any meaningful sense as far as gameplay is concerned.

Yeah I feel the only way in any TW game that many turns is useful is if it’s some sort of mini campaign with a lot of hard rebalancing. 2-4 works for me especially in the games with a family tree because it’s just enough time to be connected to my characters without them also being too fleeting. The RP element is also why I really got into Crusader Kings

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Rep for you. Appreciate your work.

Adding new factions is a headache. To ease the burden, try to use RTW2 icons or descriptions for faction ideas. As for buildings, use RTW2 and Attila types, since the limit has lifted. The start date should be set to around 247BC, as Baktria emerged then, along with Parthia earlier.

#Please add unit creators, ie Ferres/Algaman/Milner.

Cheers
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Rep for you. Appreciate your work.

Adding new factions is a headache. To ease the burden, try to use RTW2 icons or descriptions for faction ideas. As for buildings, use RTW2 and Attila types, since the limit has lifted. The start date should be set to around 247BC, as Baktria emerged then, along with Parthia earlier.

#Please add unit creators, ie Ferres/Algaman/Milner.

Cheers
    Phil
    Total Conquest is not a historical mod. We're more like Vanilla++++. There are enough mods to please the historical fans out already and not enough of those which are focused on fun gameplay. We just want to make the game cooler and bigger, while staying somewhat true to Vanilla.

All contribution was given on the workshop page, but I forgot to add the credits here. Fixing that now

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

I will try to help update the buildings. Here is Mining. Mine resource only for Gold and Silver.

The attachment is non-gold silver mining. Feral did not add resource type bonuses as used in RTW2 or for gold&silver, so I am not sure if to use trade resource or tax bonuses? CA uses a combined cost in mining, with no explanation. I have found Resource/5 more correct, and added separate bonuses.

;===============================================================
    ;== MINING == 1 4/2, 7/3?? (Resource bonus/5 seems to work. Gold 3, Silver 2/level)
    ;===============================================================
    building mines ;trade_level_bonus as mine_resource only works for silver & gold.
    ;Health penalty due to pollution. *Cost: averaged gold&silver bonus/2 x500.
    ;traits :GoodMiner
    {
    levels mines mines+1 mines+2 mines+3 mines+4 mines+5
    {
    mines requires factions { all, } and resource gold or resource silver
    {
    capability
    {
    mine_resource 3 requires resource gold
    mine_resource 2 requires resource silver
    population_health_bonus bonus -1
    }
    construction 1
    cost 1250
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    mines+1
    }
    }
    mines+1 requires factions { all, } and resource gold or resource silver
    {
    capability
    {
    mine_resource 6 requires resource gold
    mine_resource 4 requires resource silver
    population_health_bonus bonus -2
    }
    construction 2
    cost 2500
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    mines+2
    }
    }
    mines+2 requires factions { all, } and resource gold or resource silver
    {
    capability
    {
    mine_resource 9 requires resource gold
    mine_resource 6 requires resource silver
    population_health_bonus bonus -3
    }
    construction 3
    cost 3750
    settlement_min large_town
    upgrades
    {
    mines+3
    }
    }
    mines+3 requires factions { all, } and resource gold or resource silver
    {
    capability
    {
    mine_resource 12 requires resource gold
    mine_resource 8 requires resource silver
    population_health_bonus bonus -4
    }
    construction 4
    cost 5000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    mines+4
    }
    }
    mines+4 requires factions { all, } and resource gold or resource silver
    {
    capability
    {
    mine_resource 15 requires resource gold
    mine_resource 10 requires resource silver
    population_health_bonus bonus -5
    }
    construction 5
    cost 6250
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    mines+5
    }
    }
    mines+5 requires factions { all, } and resource gold or resource silver
    {
    capability
    {
    mine_resource 18 requires resource gold
    mine_resource 12 requires resource silver
    population_health_bonus bonus -6
    }
    construction 6
    cost 7500
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kylan271; December 13, 2021 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Correct miscalculations

In our effort to introduce new but meaningful mechanics to the game, we have decided to add Trade Nodes. A handful of these is scattered throughout the Mediterranean world, as well as a few in northern Europe. Each trade node will provide you with 1000 additional income per turn (this income IS visible in your ledger), as long as your ships are stationed there. Beware: these are not easy to keep, as pirates roam the seas. Although the very first iteration of Trade Nodes mechanic is relatively simple, we will be expanding it in future content packs, which will focus on trade further. Meanwhile, gather your ships and send them to various corners of the world in a bid to become the world's mercantile power!

Good stuff

Definitely at the top of my list when I finally splurge on Rome Remastered and have time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast