Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General Discussion

Default Re: General Discussion

Thank you for the valuable points. Your mod is excellent, must take quite some of your time. I am still surprised by the multiplicity of changes CA puts into this game.
    I noticed one little problem: Although I have nothing on "automatic", the software resets the tax collection for all cities to "very high" after each turn. I am forced to reset to "normal" which is very annoying. Do I miss something here? Is there a recommended graphic setting?
    Another thing - there is no Music although everything is on 100%.
    Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Fridericus Rex; December 07, 2021 at 09:31 PM.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

As for the graphics, not sure, I think it varies depending on your screen and system what works best. It is a bit of trial and error I fear. I do not know about the music error, this might be a personal issue with your PC as it works for me.

The taxes are probably due to there not being a governor in the settlement and you having selected 'realistic governance' at the campaign selection / starting menu. If you leave that box unticked, all controls should be manual.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Hello Friends,
    I enjoyed your mod this far. It has all the trimmings to become a real good game that I will be enjoying for a long time.
    Here are some of my observation and personal preferences: This is by no means a criticism - please!
    Battle Map:
    1. The round unit identification (round disk) is for me unnecessary and highly distractive. In Rome One were the unit info available when right-clicked on the unit (small square). Can I get rid of them? How?
    2. Bolcked units do not follow the instruction given but spread out and do not present a solid line for defense - very unnoying and a real problem. I hope it is not a problem inherited in ROME Remastered.
    Campaign Map:
    1. I like the fact that the Carthaginian invade Italy at the beginning of the Rome game - it' real fun, but the invader should be larger, they are too easy to eliminate.
    2. Very annoying - Oceans turn green and red when clicking on ships. I hope, itis not CA related.
    3. Besides Rome, I enjoy playing as the Germans and Spaniards - both have a Capital with good producing troops, but at one-turn it takes for ever to get a good army, besides the population in that city is reduced rapidly. Larger population in conquered cities would greatly enhance game play. These two factions will be attacked shortly from two sides.

That's it so far - thank you all for a very enjoyable Mod.

Where is the folder located to disable sweetFX or whatever after visuals are being used?

I am still having extreme difficulties with the battles in RIS and like to change that for me:
    1. Battles are almost impossible to manage because of the "winkling shields on top and front of each unit" - can these shields be removed, perhaps in the Preference folder (if yes, how to access that folder)?
    2. Units spread out when given the order to walk straight toward the enemy line - worked perfectly in RS - Is there a file that can be copied from RS to accomplish that correction?
    Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Fridericus Rex; January 17, 2022 at 10:56 PM.

I was happy with the previous version of the mod; however, this changed substantially after the recent update.
    The Romans are still fine and a very enjoyable. That the Syracusian now also invade Italy is odd, but it's OK.

My problems are with the smaller factions, in my case the Iceni, Germans and to a lesser extent the Spaniards - at H\H, they start out with a few low units, one city, no inexpensive building tree and no much income. The economy is so low that by turn 4 the balance is -4500. True, the adjacent two cities may have only one unit and are easy to conquer. Again no funds to build anything, no repairs, no unit replacement. Large rebel stacks with high ranking units are ready to attack. End of game. Getting back into positive income is almost impossible - after 30 clicks I gave up.
    What went wrong? Does this need more balancing?
    Last edited by Fridericus Rex; April 05, 2022 at 05:49 PM.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

It's not impossible. Just build farms and put your taxes as high as possible. Take over some nearby settlements and you should make some money. You might need to remove some of your most expensive units for a while (after taking the settlements). The small factions are supposed to be hard. If H/H is to hard switch to M/M.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Apple - you are right - it can be done! But what a tedious little game of micromanagement. It still takes ages of balancing the income to the expenses - turn after turn after turn.
    Expanding at the mainland is way off and when it's possible, one is confronted with several rebel stacks with even more advanced troops. As you may recall RS was smoother - perhaps caused here by the two time-turn-version of this mod(?).
    I have to try the German Faction. M\M is no alternative for me, never was!
    Thanks for your comments.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Just downloaded and ready to try this version of RS!

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

I am unsure of other factions, but the start out Roman economy is nerfed way too far IMO.
    Some might say you have to do this or that to get through it.
    OK fine, but that takes away any option or flexibility of what & where to prioritise.
    Micromanagement in order to survive.
    Not much fun.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Bellacraine, I second your statement. Wait until you try one of the other factions.
    After the last update the game became almost unplayable – whyy didnt' you take the economy from RS? It was nicely balanced for a historical mod!

Baltar, this is not a version of RS.
    Last edited by Fridericus Rex; April 19, 2022 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridericus Rex View Post
    Bellacraine, I second your statement. Wait until you try one of the other factions.
    After the last update the game became almost unplayable – whyy didnt' you take the economy from RS? It was nicely balanced for a historical mod!

Baltar, this is not a version of RS.
    I have not encountered this difficulty at my level.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Fridericus Rex View Post
    Good idea @Fridericus

Yes, I think that would work.

In all the time I played RS, including Beta testing, I never encountered an issue like this. The economy was always manageable within sensible limits.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Is this mod still in development ?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by White Hand View Post
    Is this mod still in development ?
    Aye it is, the mod is a long WIP, the last public beta is v0.5 > https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2487698001 > the next update(v0.6) is massive with many many changes & bugfixes, unfortunately it is taking much longer than anticipated and we wont release until we feel it is right and properly ready for the public to play, we expect to release during this summer. If you want regular up to date information you are welcome to join our Discord community, your feedback on the mod is welcome and you can always become a public beta tester if you wish to help > https://discord.gg/zgzdXw8YS6
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 26, 2023 at 02:45 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Carthaginian Rooster.

I think, that Carthage is a very week nation in terms of land army. Do You consider to add more mercenary units to the faction rooster?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by raq7 View Post
    Carthaginian Rooster.

I think, that Carthage is a very week nation in terms of land army. Do You consider to add more mercenary units to the faction rooster?
    Carthage is weak to begin with, but hang in there, reforms start at turn 30 then there is a 2nd reform when you control all Sicily + 2 Italian cities (not Rome) ..start aggressive, if you can conquer 10 settlements by turn 25-30 then you will be rocking in no time. FYI the next beta v0.6.0 will hopefully be released by the Autumn where you will see huge changes, incl. upgraded rosters, new models, more factions and many bugfixes applied, it's going to be massive but unfortunately it will not be save-game compatible.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 16, 2023 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123