Thread: Former Rome Total Realism and Roma Surrectum members, post here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Former Rome Total Realism and Roma Surrectum members, post here!

If you are a member who used to work on RTR or RS, please post about yourself and how you contributed here!

I am ahowl11,

I was given the keys to RTR from Muizer back in 2013. Together with a few others we made an RTR 0.5 Campaign. From then on we founded the RTR Project which released 4 versions under the title of RTR 8. We had just recently started making a new mod for RTR when the remaster was released, and all of a sudden RIS was born!

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Former Rome Total Realism and Roma Surrectum members, post here!

Just checking in.
    Former Beta tester for RS & RTR
    Current lifestyle doesn't allow much quality time for anything other than a little theraputic game playing.
    This mod is very interesting & I am looking forward to trying it out.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

A proper forum!

Passionate RS2.5/2.6 tester, gentle script modder and devotee of the best battle experience possible.

Was just thinking of re-visiting Rome 2 when someone mentioned a Remastered original - the last 2 weeks are now history.....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

It seems fitting that I should also introduce myself here. Ever since Ahowl began leading RTR, I have been the chief historian, as well as serving in the same position on RIITR, and eventually, shortly before its inevitable demise, as its leader. Apart from that, I've helped out with descriptions and research for all sorts of mods from Hellenika for Rome II's Wrath of Sparta DLC to The Italian Wars for Medieval II TW. My main work, however, has always been for RTR, and now that we have joined forces with RS I will try to provide ever more knowledge to guarantee the historical accuracy of the product
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Hi I'm Tone,
    I got involved in Roma Surrectum fairly early on in its history and did some minor unit graphic changes in RS1, working with DVK901, its founder. I was heavily involved in the development of RS2, creating nearly all the unit models, most of the unit skins as well as the RS2 battlemap environment. I also helped out with the campaign map, traits and scripting. Really enjoying the sense of teamwork with the two teams coming together.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Hi all! Feels good to be back here at TWC after years of absence due to RL catching up. I'm Maurits, have been involved with the RTR team since the final stages of TIC development, doing lots of testing, general organisational and administrative stuff to help keep the team on track until we eventually released RTR VII Gold. Mausolos dragged be back out of university to the remaster, currently having a blast joining forces with the new RTR and RS guys that have teamed up to recreate the best of mods for the remaster!

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Hello all, I was invited a couple or so years ago onto the RTR8 Project Group by vrosivs and ahowl to do some testing, been here ever since and had some fun. I've become quite friendly with a few people on the server, ahowl in particular, and am sometimes his go to guy when he wants to bounce some stress, I'm fairly friendly too with Mausolos of Caria, mainly due a common denominator which is Scotland. I also have my own channel on the server where I blog some of my social week to week life of football, music, food, drink and occasionally family life, feel free to drop in for a chat, I'm a very amiable person. I also have a small youtube channel where I do Let's Plays as a pastime. My favourite mods are RS & RTR series and have been for around 5 years now so obviously I'm looking forward to LP'ing RTR:Imperium Surrectum
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 10, 2021 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typos....& terrible grammar ��
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Red five, standing by.
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Hi guys, an old RSII tester, as well as a historian IRL specialized in the Hellenistic era. With RSII I used to propose ideas especially for the Seleucids (government, traits, reforms etc.), as well as Parthians and Romans. I'm not sure how much you'd need those, but if you do I am available for research, testing, perhaps even some traits/ancillaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Basiliscus View Post
    Hi guys, an old RSII tester, as well as a historian IRL specialized in the Hellenistic era. With RSII I used to propose ideas especially for the Seleucids (government, traits, reforms etc.), as well as Parthians and Romans. I'm not sure how much you'd need those, but if you do I am available for research, testing, perhaps even some traits/ancillaries.
    Good to see you again. Sounds great. Have you joined the discord server?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Good to see you again. Sounds great. Have you joined the discord server?
    I have now. Great to see you (and dvk) again too!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Hello !!!

RS 2 tester - helped with the Seleucids and Macedon.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRouble View Post
    RS 2 tester - helped with the Seleucids and Macedon.

Are you on our discord, and if not would you like to join to help with testing?

Columcille's Avatar Semisalis

Reporting in - RS2 Tester and submodder, and huge fan! Glad to see there is still interest
    Columcille
    Graphics Worker |Modder | Irish
    Proud player of Roma Surrectum

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Welcome @Columcille, please feel free to join our discord server and help us test the new mod if you would like to!
    Link: https://discord.com/invite/8VQTnBSM8t

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

maksimus, i posted on disc, im back at playing and would love to contribute
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Young RS beta tester back in the days, I think 2.2?. Would be very glad to contribute again.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Quote Originally Posted by LoGaL View Post
    Young RS beta tester back in the days, I think 2.2?. Would be very glad to contribute again.
    Hi LoGal, we are always looking for beta testers who can commit a minimum amount of hours to testing per month, if you'd like to help out, please reach out to Ahowl or Tone on our discord: https://discord.gg/VegrTJrf

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Hello to everyone. I know or have heard of most of you. Just a little history. I got involved with RTW in 2006-7 or so...long time ago, and have loved the game ever since. Had no intention of ever modding it until one day a fellow asked if all 35 Roman Legions could be put into the game. The overwhelming response was: 'NO!', by pretty much everyone. But I got to looking into how the game was structured\built, and decided that indeed you could put them in....with a good deal of work. That was the beginning of RS1. Tone was , I think (along with CherryFunk), the first to join in that endeavor. I have to say we, along with many others, tore this old game apart right down to the machine code, and did things with it that were pretty revolutionary and a lot of fun. Another maybe little known fact was that in the early days, the budding RS team had nowhere to go on the web to host it or be able to collaborate on it, and RTR kindly gave us a spot on their site to host RS. I will never, and we have never forgotten how kind that was. Since that time the two teams have been friends and neighbors, I guess you'd say, so it was only fitting that when RTW-Remastered came out, the two teams merged to work on it. It really is gratifying to see all the work we've done over the years come together in on awesome mod for a game we've been smitten by. LOL

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father