Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions & Ideas

Default Suggestions & Ideas

Here's the area where you can post your suggestions and Ideas! We will look at this and give answers where we can!

Default Re: Suggestions & Ideas

hi plz add the arevaci most important facton best ok?

Quote Originally Posted by sexlover2003 View Post
    hi plz add the arevaci most important facton best ok?
    Of course, the Arevaci are basically the Celtiberians and they are already in as a faction, with their capital at Numantia. In time they will be developed further

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

One thing I found a little immersion breaking is the fact you can get high chevron hastati.
    Surely this unit would have been upgraded to Principes?
    Would that be possible?
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

@Ballacraine: Unfortunately, that is not possible within the constraints of the game mechanics.
    Last edited by Maurits; May 09, 2021 at 07:11 AM.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Libertus

if ! recall correctly the battles in the RS2 for the original Rome lasted significantly longer (which i quite enjoyed, although sieges can easily take over an hour), will this battle change eventually be present here?

Quote Originally Posted by lordgeorgr141 View Post
    if ! recall correctly the battles in the RS2 for the original Rome lasted significantly longer (which i quite enjoyed, although sieges can easily take over an hour), will this battle change eventually be present here?
    From the ‘Everything you need to know’ thread:

-Please tell me the battles will be better than vanilla RR?

Of course! We are people who love history and realism, and insta routs just because you moved your cavalry to flank doesn't make battles fun. However we also understand that many of you aren't purists who want 2 hour long battles of armies in a deadlock, where you have to triple speed the entire thing! Battles will definitely be longer and more strategic than vanilla, and we will do our best with the AI just like we did with original RTW.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

I really liked the tough blood & grit battles from the late RS 1 iterations.
    The tide would change regularly, presenting fresh challenges.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by lordgeorgr141 View Post
    They most likely longer but maybe not as long as RS2's battles. This is something that we probably have to test over quite some time and it's also something that is yet to be set in stone.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

Any chance y'all can someday make a third campaign that starts at the same time period as Paradox's newer Rome game?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Any chance y'all can someday make a third campaign that starts at the same time period as Paradox's newer Rome game?
    Doubtful but you never know.
    Last edited by apple; May 10, 2021 at 03:47 AM.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

I am really looking forward to play my first modded campaign with remastered. The teaser images also look very good, but will it be possible to have different variations of soldiers within a unit? Vanilla has different faces and skin and and some units skincolour, but some variation is always more eye candy to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by exi123 View Post
    I am really looking forward to play my first modded campaign with remastered. The teaser images also look very good, but will it be possible to have different variations of soldiers within a unit? Vanilla has different faces and skin and and some units skincolour, but some variation is always more eye candy to play with.
    Yes we will most likely move to use the "human" models from the remaster (RR) at a later stage.
    Son of Legio

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Bit of a radical suggestion, but...

In view of the fact their influence on the outside world was so very limited until the very end of the timeframe, and their societies so comparatively undeveloped and lacking in higher political institutions, there should be no Germanic nor British faction, and they should be represented simply by AOR troops and very large rebel stacks to deter ahistorical AI expansionism.

I'm sure this will be very controversial, mind you- but it does seem odd to me to prioritise these tiny, undeveloped peoples over, say, additional Hellenic or Celtic factions. To my mind, the essential criteria should be "Is it plausible that from a start in 270BC, faction x could plausibly have built up a large regional empire within a few generations?". For the Germanic peoples and Britons, I think the answer is a resounding no.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Bit of a radical suggestion, but...

In view of the fact their influence on the outside world was so very limited until the very end of the timeframe, and their societies so comparatively undeveloped and lacking in higher political institutions, there should be no Germanic nor British faction, and they should be represented simply by AOR troops and very large rebel stacks to deter ahistorical AI expansionism.

I'm sure this will be very controversial, mind you- but it does seem odd to me to prioritise these tiny, undeveloped peoples over, say, additional Hellenic or Celtic factions. To my mind, the essential criteria should be "Is it plausible that from a start in 270BC, faction x could plausibly have built up a large regional empire within a few generations?". For the Germanic peoples and Britons, I think the answer is a resounding no.
    Actually you are thinking in line with our development plan.

As we get used to modding RR and mod the basics we will keep it pretty generic, but once we get the hang of it and Feral releases patches and tools, we plan on splitting the mod into 2 campaigns:

1 - 270-113 BC focusing on the Hellenistic and Punic Wars, no Britons or Germans will be in this campaign.
    2 - 113 BC -Imperial Times focusing on the Civil Wars and expansion of the Empire. Here there will be Legions fighting against each other and on the frontier.

I can't say when exactly we will do this, but that's what is planned.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Actually you are thinking in line with our development plan.

As we get used to modding RR and mod the basics we will keep it pretty generic, but once we get the hang of it and Feral releases patches and tools, we plan on splitting the mod into 2 campaigns:

1 - 270-113 BC focusing on the Hellenistic and Punic Wars, no Britons or Germans will be in this campaign.
    2 - 113 BC -Imperial Times focusing on the Civil Wars and expansion of the Empire. Here there will be Legions fighting against each other and on the frontier.

I can't say when exactly we will do this, but that's what is planned.
    Wow, very cool.

Will you guys develop custom settlements like in RS III? The gates of Babylon were definitely immersive. Either way looking forward to the releases!

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Here's the area where you can post your suggestions and Ideas! We will look at this and give answers where we can!
    hel0 mr ahowl111 can pleas units legionar best unit? is historcla accurt that leginary best soldir. but except less goode lusitanii waroir! did you know romna legionry steal wepon and stratgey of lusitnani?? is best!!! make lustnana and legonary lustanin in game?? please!!

I personally liked the way that the roman faction in RTR7 had various political/military offices. While it wasn't so great having to use random general units to ferry these offices around to the generals that could actually activate them, it did help constrain rome somewhat. Hopefully something like that could be implemented and expanded upon (including to other factions) in the remastered, but with an easier way to transfer offices between characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sexlover2003 View Post
    hel0 mr ahowl111 can pleas units legionar best unit? is historcla accurt that leginary best soldir. but except less goode lusitanii waroir! did you know romna legionry steal wepon and stratgey of lusitnani?? is best!!! make lustnana and legonary lustanin in game?? please!!
    What the is this nonsense? Is this a troll account?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast