Thread: Recruitment pool

Default Recruitment pool

Hello all,

How can I edit the recruitment of a unit in several turns?
    For example, iI want to recruit a unit but I want that it takes 2 turns. How do I do that? Liksewise how to recruit units in one turn.

Thanks in advance.
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Recruitment pool

You're talking about two different things:

1. how many turns does it take for a unit to be recruited: see in EDU, for each unit:

; stat_cost Number of turns to build,

2. recruitment pools - they tell how many turns does it take for a unit to be available, see EDB:

;========= HOW TO CODE RECRUITMENT OF UNITS
    ; - in the expression "recruit_pool "Scouts" 1 0.06 2 0" the numbers define: 1 - initial number of units, 0.06 - speed of the refill of the pool, 2 - maximum pool, 0 - experience of the recruited unit.
    ; -- examples of speeds are: 0.67 : 1,5 turns, 0.16 : 6,3 turns, 0.11 : 9,1 turns, 0.06 : 16,7 turns; also franctions are possible: 0.126
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!