Thread: Conflicting own mods in the Mod Manager but different files in reality.

Icon5 Conflicting own mods in the Mod Manager but different files in reality.

Hello,

I created 2 small mods so far. One is adding traits another is changing the border color of the factions. In the first, I used export_descr_character_traits.txt and export_vnvs.txt files and in the second I used descr_sm_factions.txt file. When I'm in the Mod Manager it said the two mod is conflicting each other. Why is that? What am I do wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error_01.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	364803

Default Re: Conflicting own mods in the Mod Manager but different files in reality.

should work in theory - if you look in your Mods folder you'll see "Mod Conflict Information.txt" which lists the files it thinks conflict... check that, and also check that you've been deleting the filelist.json for each mod if/when you change the files in it.

EDIT: btw an alternative way to tune the region borders down without affecting the flag colour is use the alpha layer on
    data\terrain\aerial_map\indicators\region_borders_primary.tga.dds and region_borders_secondary.tga.dds

if nothing else that should also stop it moaning about conflicts with other mods with sm_factions