Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ___Darth Dark Formations 16.2 “Super Pack”(Updated 10/10/2006)___

Default ___Darth Dark Formations 16.2 “Super Pack”(Updated 10/10/2006)___

Download at Filefront
    If you are having problems downloading from filefront go down to the attachment at the bottom of the post - Darth Vader

Darth Dark Formations 16.2 “Super Pack”

Screenshot of typical variations of some formations but there are many many new inside and also for some mods there are specific such as in ATW where exists Arthur's formation and Germanic Delta barbarian formation....maybe I will screen later when I return.

These are my latest formations for manipulating the AI of RTW and BI in a package that will surely please the majority of the community.
    I worked immensely to evolute an already successful project and from what it seems there is so much improvement that again you will rub your eyes to see if you are awake or you live in a dream where RTW AI is actually playing smart!
    I did not only completed my internal formations for DarthMod_8.0 but have specified and produced extra formations using my new ideas for many other mods and of course a generic version for all current mods.
    …blah…blah…I do not have time to write more since I prepare for my vacations..two things to notice as important:

1)Have produced a unique and very effective for the AI bridge warfare system. (those who can interpret to some extend my code for formations and will study it…will not understand it.. When I return I will try to explain). Have managed to override to some extend the idiotic AI behaviour in bridges)
    2)Very new things included as ideas to make you feel 100% challenge when you counter with AI armies in every situation.

No more to say..will do when I return from my trip.

Contents
    1)DarthMod_8.1 ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62750 ) new internal formations .Surely optimized since all my tests are done here. DO NOT use these to other mods except maybe in BareBoneWars mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150) which uses my idea of protective formation AI swap
    2)Generic all mod Standalone version
    3)RTR_PE mod version ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26 )
    4)ATW mod version (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107 )
    5)FATW mod version (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89 )
    6)ChivTW mod version ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58 )

Simple Installation instructions

The installation instructions are meant to be understood easily by 6 yrs and up individuals. If you are under 6 yrs old contact your tutelars or any other adult who may can be of assistance. (Last resort will be to contact my forum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71 )

-step1 = you download the mod package

-step2 = you unpack the mod package

-step3 = You open the file. There are 6 individual files inside with names of the mod you are meant to use them and 1 extra back up vanilla formation file if you want to revert to default settings

-step4 = You know what mod you play and choose to install the formations associated with it. How? For example if you play DarthMod_8.0 you open file “1_DarthMod_8.0_Internal_Formations_16” and you copy the “Rome - Total War” file to overwrite your original that exists in your custom destination root folder (for example C:\games\Activision\Rome - Total War) of your RTW-BI game. The system asks you if you want to replace these files and you press “yes”

-step5 =You verify that you have actually installed DarthFormations by opening the files which have been overwrited (look at the file structure of my 6 files to see where they go for desc_formations.txt and desc_formation_ai.txt files) and you will see the notation on top of the code text verifying the Darth tm name

-step6 = You play your next battles and actually start to lose..what happened? You installed Darth Dark Formations 16.0 optimized for your mod game!

Happy Summer vacations for all. See you in 10 days approximately.

Contact me in my e-mail thomadisnick@hotmail.com and my twcenter forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Ps.
    If I accidentally use different file structure for some mods, I am sorry...contact the mod creators to give you special instructions.

Finished 10/08/2006

-Update-11/08/2006 02:37 greece time
    Have re-uploaded a version with correct file structure for ChivTW mod.Sorry for the inconvenience.Redownload if you want it perfect.

-Update-11/08/2006 19:54PM GMT - Uploaded it as an attachment to this post - wipeout140

-Updated 10/10/2006
    -Polished the formations in some occasions
    -Removed a rare but existent “black hole” effect where all the AI army would gather in one spot
    -My last formations for RTW and maybe…for good.
    ___Darth Vader___

Default Re: ___Darth Dark Formations 16.0 “Super Pack”___

Have uploaded my last formations for RTW-BI which have some corrections comparing to 16.0 ...will need the feedback if I have to correct something more before I drop the issue.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: ___Darth Dark Formations 16.2 “Super Pack”(Updated 10/10/2006)___

I have a question for you Darth, about the link between your formations and this line:

formation 1.2, 1.8, 2.4, 2.4, 6, horde

in a unit in EDU. Are they tied together so that the numbers here match (or work in unison with) the configurations in your formations?

I'm trying to fix some issues in 'Roma Surrectum' with odd-ball behavior and a few CTD's that I can only think are being caused by something in the formations_ai (not yours) and I want to try yours so I can get rid of this. Also, I have three factions (two Roman, and Numidia) that are converted to Greek, so I'd like to make sure they behave well also.

I may just be 'barking up a tree' with all this, because I can't reproduce the problems the beta testers report, but I do want to make sure everything is right. Appreciate your help. Thank you.

These are the edu settings for peasants in darth, BBW and your mod. So it should work good with the darth formations.
    What is odd-ball behaviour ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

There is no link.

This is a forced unit spacing and depth for a unit in EDU file which I override with my formations with my interactive unit widths per ai role....not sure how can I help more.
    Easy way to find out is to trace a CTD, then try it with my 16.2 formations.
    If it re-happens there must be other fault than formation link.
    If it not happens then you are free to use them as it will fix your problem!

Patrician

Yes.....they are just an example. The oddball behavior is that the Roman Cavalry, for example, are 'semi-charging' and then stopping...allowing themselves to be slaughtered while they do nothing. The other thing is that the Triarii, and I noticed also some of the hoplite/phalanx units with a secondary weapon won't fight with their spears. If you tell them to attack a charging horse unit, they immediately switch to swords...which makes no sense. Something seems to be making them misuse their weapons. Probably not a formations issue, but I'm just wondering what controls what. I made all those changes to the formations per your advise, and didn't want different formations_ai to throw it all outta whack.

Oh, and the CTD happens during the custom battles. The units load, but one person said when he moved the units around a particular one (Greek Royal Guard, I think) would then CTD if he zoomed in on it. Another said he got CTD's during battle. So I'm thinking something that's happening with a weapon or formations (or their instructions) is causing it. I will try your's Darth, and thank you for quick attention. As always, I appreciate the skills and contributions of both you and Repman.
    Last edited by dvk901; November 06, 2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add

The first you mention are probably not a formation issue than EDU stat unbalances.

The second has to do probably with the DMB file as when zooming, different skeletons of units apply so if one has the problem it CTDs...although most of these issues give a show_err report. Also as you say a weapon swap in DMB does not find an animation command and CTDs...many can be...but formations are really sneaky to find...the only way is to try them unmodded.
    I know mine are 100% CTD free bcs I sweated for this. Several CTDs can occur due to formations which are untraceable.

Patrician

Thanks! Now at least I have a clue what to look for.

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

i have a question!which formation should i use in order to play Invasio Barbarorum?

thanks in advance

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

This that says Generic_formations (=inside there are for both RTW and BI...you need the BI files which are already there in correct file structure)

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    This that says Generic_formations (=inside there are for both RTW and BI...you need the BI files which are already there in correct file structure)
    I think he is refering to the Invasio Barbarorum mod.

Thanks for this final update of Darth Formations. I do hope this won't be your last formations mod, but if it is: thanks again for your splendid contributions to the TW modding community.

First of all 'Darth Vader' , Thank you. Thank you for all the time and effort you have put in your mods, I know some take it for granted, but lots of us apprieciate it.

So to make a long story short. I've been playing the Darth Mod for months now and I got a bit tired of it (no offence) so I want to play the original RTW. But with Darth Formations offcourse. So I downloaded 16.2 super pack opened it, read the read me file (it said instaling it is easy ), and I'am totaly lost. Wich file must I use? There are like 24 in that map. The Read Me says they are in seperate maps for each mod but they are all in one big map.
    Wich one must I use If I want the Darth Formations for the original RTW? And to wich map exactly do I have to extract it?

2)Generic all mod Standalone version

It is said in the instructions above and you should copy with similar structure like I have it in your RTW-BI folder to overwrite the original files.

"2)Generic all mod Standalone version"
    I can install this with Terrae Expugnandae ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

could formation like these especially the strong right and protected flanks formation for the Romans????

ciprianrusu's Avatar Biarchus

So, if i understand correctly, this mod is compatibe with any mod. If i want to use it for Roma Surrectum, i will have to use the generic_standalone_darth formations_16.2? Is it compatible with this mod, and is it save game compatible? Can i play a previous saved game in my RS mod after i install this mod?
    Thanks allot
    I trust I make myself obscure.
    Nihil Sine Deo

RS Legion Organizer Tool
    Visit Romania! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by ciprianrusu View Post
    So, if i understand correctly, this mod is compatibe with any mod. If i want to use it for Roma Surrectum, i will have to use the generic_standalone_darth formations_16.2? Is it compatible with this mod, and is it save game compatible? Can i play a previous saved game in my RS mod after i install this mod?
    Thanks allot
    These formation files are compatible with any mod for the most part and yes you could use the generic standalone version of 16.2 for Roma Surrectum. However....you could only do so after changing the supported faction flags within the formations to match the internal names of the appropriate factions in Roma Surrectum. If you install this generic version or any version for that matter in Roma Surrectum as is you will CTD.

Senator

does this formations pack only work with BI?

I have darth mod 8.0 + 8.1 patch on original rtw.

Quote Originally Posted by avesta View Post
    does this formations pack only work with BI?

I have darth mod 8.0 + 8.1 patch on original rtw.
    This formations pack provides formation files for both RTW 1.5 and BI. So to answer your question, they work with both. If your using Darthmod, installed on RTW 1.5, then use the appropriate Darthmod version provided in the download and as stated in the readme file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast