Thread: Increased Expensive Agents

Default Increased Expensive Agents

I made this and thought I would share it with the community if anyone is interested. Most agent mods tend to take a sledgehammer approach to agent spam, I offer an alternative, where they are more expensive to recruit, but more importantly, offensive actions from agents are now a lot more expensive. What I'm looking for is not necessarily prohibitively expensive, but expensive enough you want to bring up your best assassin before dropping that kind of money on the attempt. This reduces AI spam as it's prohibitively expensive for them to run multiple offensive actions. Any feedback on that target is welcome. If you like it awesome, hope it helps enhance your game even more. All credit goes to Dresden, KAL, and the entire Divide et Impera team for giving us this masterpiece.

What this mod does:

It increases Spies, Armies, Edicts, Veterans, Dignitaries, along with imperium levels to these rates: 5, 8, 10, 13, 15, 18, 20. I was reading that anything above 20 can introduce bugs into the system, so I've capped it at 20 for now till I can do any investigation on how to implement it stably.

It also increases the costs of recruiting agents to their base costs which are:

- Champion: 4000
    - Dignitary 2000
    - Spy: 3000
    - General: 250 (I didn't want to make recruiting a basic governor expensive because of this)

Also, offensive agent actions are now more expensive. This is a highly modified variable by the system but let me know your feedback on how much offensive agent actions cost keeping in line with the overall design direction of the mod. We want more spies and agents, but their recruitment cost is more, balanced, but expensive, as well as offensive actions, balanced, but expensive. So any and all feedback is welcome. Please let me know what your experience is and if you feel the rates are too expensive, or not expensive enough to make that decision important enough, that you're going to bring up your best assassin before spending that kind of money on an attempt. That's the premise or soul of what I'm looking for here.

The mod is highlighted and reviewed by The Terminator in one of his recent DeI submod spotlight videos. Great youtuber btw, go check him out for some awesome Dei content!

LINK TO VIDEO REVIEW OF MOD: https://youtu.be/Sw6beb76t_Y?t=292

LINK TO MOD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...pensive+agents
    Last edited by WRL; May 07, 2021 at 02:07 PM.