Thread: Trouble Installing Rise of Persia Mod

Default Trouble Installing Rise of Persia Mod

I tired to install the rise of Persia mod before and it failed. Not really sure which version I should download or is best for me I have Windows Home 10 computer. During the processes I downloaded Winrar as I knew using the file extract was part of the processes. However that's the extent of my knowledge and I'm not sure how to backup and transfer folders and use the Steam properties to launch mods. Asking for help: Is Winrar best for this mod or computer?
    Has anyone successfully sued this mod with the Rome Steam version?

Default Re: Trouble Installing Rise of Persia Mod

Quote Originally Posted by mod_boi View Post
    I tired to install the rise of Persia mod before and it failed. Not really sure which version I should download or is best for me I have Windows Home 10 computer. During the processes I downloaded Winrar as I knew using the file extract was part of the processes. However that's the extent of my knowledge and I'm not sure how to backup and transfer folders and use the Steam properties to launch mods. Asking for help: Is Winrar best for this mod or computer?
    Has anyone successfully sued this mod with the Rome Steam version?
    If you're using the Steam version of Rome then you need to downgrade the .exe. Steam's version is 1.5.1 and ROP requires version 1.5. I had a similar issue with Roma Surrectum II recently. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here or not, but if you look up downgrading Rome Total War to v1.5 you can find a video of someone testing it out and they have a link in the description for the .exe for both Rome and its BI expansion. Pretty simply installation of just taking the retail folder and moving it into your Rome Total War folder and overwriting when it asks.