Thread: Help Porting a Weapon

Default Help Porting a Weapon

I noticed that Warhammer had a mod with a matchlock pistol, and I wanted to port it over to Shogun 2 for my own use. I managed to get to the point where I could import it into 3ds Max but I'm stumped on what to do next. I know I'm supposed to use the equipment.max file, but how exactly? Step-by-step instructions would be appreciated. The tutorials I found on the forum are kind of confusing, the biggest issue is what to keep and what to delete, and what bones to attach the weapon to. The equipment.max file doesn't include the revolvers either- will that be a problem? I want to use the pistol animations for the gun but the long matchlock guns don't work with that animation set.

Default Re: Help Porting a Weapon

An alternative is using the assets already in equipment.max- the oversized teppo actually looks exactly like a Japanese matchlock pistol. Only problem there is that there are no textures and I can't seem to find the file path to extract them.

I got the pistol working, but would still appreciate any help in getting the textures for the oversized teppo since it's actually more fitting for the kind of gun I want.

Okay, update- got the oversized teppo resized to work as a pistol. Had trouble with textures but eventually cleared it up. So mission accomplished I guess.