Thread: Which mod is better: LME or NTW3?

Icon5 Which mod is better: LME or NTW3?

As the title says, which mod do you prefer and why? LME or NTW3?

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Which mod is better: LME or NTW3?

It's a matter of preference. LME has tons of units and much faster battles. NTW3 has more units than vanilla, but as many as you need.

I generally refer NTW3, but LME has the appeals of many different start positions with different time periods to represent different times. At later time periods more of the technologies are unlocked. So the last few campaigns represent a game where factions don't progress with technology, it all comes down to controlling more regions for more money.

Default Re: Which mod is better: LME or NTW3?

People tend to compare the two as such: LME is great for SP, NTW3 is great for MP.

I disagree: I think NTW3 is great for SP and MP. I think it really comes down to what you fancy.

NTW3 is meant to be much more realistic (within the constraints of the NTW game engine). Shorter ranger, greater inaccuracy, slower movement speeds (off road), units tire more readily and the battles generally drag out much longer. NTW 3 is much less about your ability to quickly click a mouse button and micro, and much more about positioning and smart employment of your troops.

A lot of people hate NTW3 because of the features which I listed above. Personally, I can't bring myself to play any other version of NTW or ETW for that matter. The gameplay mechanics of NTW3 really force you to be a smart and resourceful player...no easy victories and defeat is around the corner of any poor choices you make.

AI is only so good, so the true benefits of NTW3 gameplay really become apparent in MP.