Thread: Patch breaks the game

Icon4 Patch breaks the game

Hi, following the installation instruction I made a fresh installation of ebii, downloaded the patch* and deleted the files in the .png, patched it and now crashes whenever I try to launch it, following is what I tried to launch it
    --features.mod=mods/EBII (removed it afterward)
    Desktop shortcut (with/without admin privilege)
    Launch.bat (with/without admin privilege)
    ------------------------------------------------------------

So I deleted the ebii folder, reinstalled it and successfully launched it. Installed the patch* per instruction and it just crashes now

*Found out there was a new patch posted here, same issue.

Here's the log
    Code:
    Line 16: display_error_on_exit = 1
      E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII\logs\eb.system.log.txt (9 hits)
        Line 1466: 19:02:25.061 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 326, column 1
        Line 1466: 19:02:25.061 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 326, column 1
        Line 1468: 19:02:25.066 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 410, column 1
        Line 1468: 19:02:25.066 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 410, column 1
        Line 2689: 19:02:25.268 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 355, column 25
        Line 2689: 19:02:25.268 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 355, column 25
        Line 2691: 19:02:25.268 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/EBII/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
        Line 2691: 19:02:25.268 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/EBII/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Default Re: Patch breaks the game

You installed v2.35, then the big patch, then the small patch in that order?

So I double checked everything to ensure I did everything right.... Turns out my version of the mod is cripplingly out-of-date, mine is v2.0! Sorry for this!

Quote Originally Posted by ele975 View Post
    So I double checked everything to ensure I did everything right.... Turns out my version of the mod is cripplingly out-of-date, mine is v2.0! Sorry for this!
    Wow! You will notice a lot of change since then.

I'm gonna have a fantastic time!

Make sure you read the latest Player's Guide.