Thread: Modding and new factions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon7 Modding and new factions

Hello Magnar,

I allowed myself to create a new thread since there aren't that much, I hope it is ok.

First of all, thank you for your Rome 2 Modding playlist on youtube it really helped me.
    I started creating simple things, everything's fine and all, but then I wanted to create a new faction on Total war ToB.

I followed these videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLht...xRd66q&index=2 / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS3d...xRd66q&index=4 (New Faction Creation and Startpos Advanced Compiling) And basically changed things there and there in the tables as seen in your videos. But the most "complex" thing that could be a problem may be the starting position for the new faction's lord that i set up in tintagol. Set it up as the capital, and changed the capital/starting position for Cerneu since they normally begin there, so there's no conflict. I made these two start the game at war and so on and gave units to my army begining in tintagol.

Everything went fine until i tried the final start in Bob where i had a freeze on ToB launching screen, and a "Startpos file not found after running the game" in the PFM window that got oppened. As you said in your video, sometimes if it's too much it canno't be handled in Dave, so is this the reason ? And if it is, what should I do ? Is there another tutorial to follow ?

Thanks a lot for your time, I wish you the best from scotland.

Cheers

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Modding and new factions

Ive not actually done startpos editing for TOB, but id recommend going back and changing only 1 thing in a startpos at atime and seeing if it compiles.

I will try that and share the experience if you wish

Have a great day

A quick thought tho, if I try to generate a mod pack while i only have a few things changed (just the faction table for example), isn't it still going to freeze because of a lack of start pos ?
    So should i just do the basics and then modify moe "experimental things" ? That's what i already did and it still didn't work, maybe something more is required for ToB when creating a new faction.