Thread: RTWRM Modding Issues

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Default RTWRM Modding Issues

Hi,

I have made a simple mod to change some things in the new game and I have modified some simple building bonuses and construction times and they show up in game yet when I right click a building or I click to open the building tree browser, I immediately get a CTD without any errors shown (by the way, is there a way to activate the old -show_err function in RTWRM?).

Does anyone have any idea or fixes for this?

Thanks!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RTWRM Modding Issues

You can activate -show_err by writing it into the advanced launch options section in the launcher. Perhaps that will shed some light?

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    You can activate -show_err by writing it into the advanced launch options section in the launcher. Perhaps that will shed some light?
    Wow, I was wondering what the advanced options is for - unfortunately, I did not get any error messages, just the same clean CTD... :/ Modding RTWRM is proving much more difficult than the original than I thought. At first, when I saw the same old .txt files I was really happy yet it seems the new .exe is quite hard wired to their coding.

I was really happy about RTWRM but mostly because I was hoping I can mod it just as easy as in the past. It seems I might have to wait until experienced modders release some tutorials for amateurs like me.

Thanks for the help.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    Wow, I was wondering what the advanced options is for - unfortunately, I did not get any error messages, just the same clean CTD... :/ Modding RTWRM is proving much more difficult than the original than I thought. At first, when I saw the same old .txt files I was really happy yet it seems the new .exe is quite hard wired to their coding.

I was really happy about RTWRM but mostly because I was hoping I can mod it just as easy as in the past. It seems I might have to wait until experienced modders release some tutorials for amateurs like me.

Thanks for the help.
    Personally I hope we will get more info on the new modding limits rather sooner than later. Apart from not having Windows 10 (so no opportunity to actually run the game right now), I'm basically in standby until I get the information I need. I can't be bothered to work the other way around and then have to adapt my mod to incorporate the new limits (like I wouldn't want to first create a map with the current limits, only to find out certain limits are no longer an issue halfway through the creation process).