Thread: DEI Sweboz legendary lets play

Icon6 DEI Sweboz legendary lets play

Hi guys.
    Our Epirus campaign has ended, so I decided to start another campaign with a faction with very different play style.
    They are the Sweboz - the Germanic tribes people.
    Unlike the more defensive tactics of the Greek, the Germanic barbarians emphasize their guerrilla warfare with more aggressive and shock tactics. They have a rough start but they will grow to be very powerful as the game progress.
    Our rules/objective for this campaign will be:
    - We have to confederate/defeat all of the other Germanic tribes and Gaul to become the only one strong tribe.
    - Then we will defeat the Roman.
    I hope you guys will also enjoy this campaign.

Default Re: DEI Sweboz legendary lets play

Hi guys.
    Here's the episode 2. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This is a great introduction to the Sweboz campaign in DEI! The ability to play night battles combined with higher morale in forests sounds like a major advantage, especially if you can fight a night battle in a forest and use their stealthy abilities and shock tactics.

Picking one target at the start, and trying to take over the province that you start in, sounds like a good strategy. It looks like you can hire some good mercenaries such as the Hurjaz Drutid (berserkers) - although like the spear ambushers, they have no armour.

I like the way that you explain your campaign goals and the different ways that you can achieve them (confederation or conquest). As you said, it will be interesting to see how strong Rome will become in this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    This is a great introduction to the Sweboz campaign in DEI! The ability to play night battles combined with higher morale in forests sounds like a major advantage, especially if you can fight a night battle in a forest and use their stealthy abilities and shock tactics.

Picking one target at the start, and trying to take over the province that you start in, sounds like a good strategy. It looks like you can hire some good mercenaries such as the Hurjaz Drutid (berserkers) - although like the spear ambushers, they have no armour.

I like the way that you explain your campaign goals and the different ways that you can achieve them (confederation or conquest). As you said, it will be interesting to see how strong Rome will become in this campaign.
    Thank you very much . The Germanic tribes are hard in the early game because their economy is very bad and they dont have many good low tier units. But they will grow extremely strong in the late game with their guariella fighters and night battle.
    I have a few more episode out already but forgot to post them here :
    Ep 3:

Ep 4:

Ep 5:

Ep 6:

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Episode 3 is cool! The Sweboz military traditions look useful, I particularly like the sound of the Rampart Takers tradition (+10% looting income, increased range for missile weapons) and Furor Germanicus (better charge bonus, higher morale, faster campaign movement). You mentioned the very bad economy, it seems as if hit and run raids might be a way to overcome this - especially with the traditions for better looting income and more campaign movement to escape your enemies.

In the first battle at about 10:00, your archers were firing at almost maximum range, I wonder if they would have defeated the enemy skirmishers faster if they were a bit closer? As you said, it seemed like an exploit that the enemy javelin-men didn't advance (or run into the forest) when your archers were firing at them (beyond the range of the javelins).