Thread: Asanan riders

Default Asanan riders

Currently on turn 595 (the longest I've played) and although I have triggered both the turan, Alan and tukaran migration scripts, I still haven't been able to recruit the asanan riders anywhere. Starting to get bored and wondering if its worth carrying on if I've missed something/done something incorrectly.

So my question is, when can you recruit them and where?

(I havent yet applied the latest version of the patch as I wanted to keep playing my sakan playthrough as far as possible.)

Default Re: Asanan riders

They haven't been added to edb yet. Search for the text "steppe cavalry asanan riders" in export_descr_buildings.txt and nothing shows up. Though you can add recruitment there yourself to reward yourself for playing that deep into a Saka campaign

I thought I'd added them!

My omission, I'll get that corrected. Meanwhile, can we get a screenshot of your minimap for some late-game progress evidence?

Shoebopp, exactly how does one do that? To what buildings must the entry for the asanan riders be added? Nearly done with all personal tweaks to EB2 and seriously cannot wait for an eventual R3...unless that comes soon? Like really soon...dang, how can some people play 300+ turns KNOWING their progress will be invalidated once another "mini" patch comes around?

It really depends on how crucial that unit is to your roster (See my Parthia Guide on the faction difficulty trend although it is pre 2.35A R1 back when pre release playtesting was still occurring). I've been there but surprisingly, I'm not too upset given how late that unit comes and its role being already comfortably filled by standard Parthian and Sakan horse archers. If that unit had been a crucial early game unit that fills an important niche within the army, I would be as upset as you are now.

PS: I did take the Asanan riders out for a ride in custom battle when I wrote the guide. I also did not hold the Saka capital.
    Last edited by realm56; May 03, 2021 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I thought I'd added them!

My omission, I'll get that corrected. Meanwhile, can we get a screenshot of your minimap for some late-game progress evidence?
    Sure, have several!

As you can see there was plenty of aggression from a lot of factions (Asia Minor was a meat grinder was quite a while).
    Parthia was eventually wiped out and horded several times.
    Baktra eventually revolted and the faction reemmergence script kicked in
    Takshashila completely ate the Selekid empire only to be pushed back from Syria and Northern Iraq by the KH and Armenia (there were multiple Selekid reemergences in mesopotamia.)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saka50.jpg   saka100.jpg   saka200.jpg   saka400.jpg   saka500.jpg  

saka595.jpg  

What happened in Iberia in the last map?

Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    Looks like the Arevaci re-emerged with a vengeance.

Looks like the Arevaci re-emerged with a vengeance.
    My boys!!

Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    Luisitanian spread themselves too thin and tried to advance up into North West Gaul only for the Arevaci to re emerge and blitz them into oblivion.

Similiar thing happened with Makedonia and the Getai until KH put them down again. It was a wild ride!

Where the Asanan Riders should appear is in the Sakan starting province, after the Tocharian third wave (around turn 556). They replace the regular Sakan Horse Archers entirely, as the Asana settle and displace the original inhabitants.

Where the Asanan Riders should appear is in the Sakan starting province, after the Tocharian third wave (around turn 556). They replace the regular Sakan Horse Archers entirely, as the Asana settle and displace the original inhabitants.
    Ah....right....then it looks like the problem might be on my end. I lost control of the far NE corner (as you can see) past turn 400 during what I think was the Arkwi migration? Seriously I had four full stacks descend on my starting capital and they came with every sakan unit going

I've only just put them in, they're not in Release 2.