Thread: TW: Rome remastered Scripting 4 turns per year

Kurry's Avatar Civis

Default TW: Rome remastered Scripting 4 turns per year

Hello guys,

So I have been trying to get the 4 turn per year script working on Rome remastered but I haven't been able to get it to work.

For the 4 turn per year script I used HouseofHam's guides:

background script: [Tutorial] How-to: Add a background script to your mod (twcenter.net)

actual script: [Tutorial] How-to: Setup your mod to have more than 2 turns per year (twcenter.net)

So I follow the new structure of modding in Remastered by putting my edits in a mod folder in AppData\Local\Feral Interactive\Total War ROME REMASTERED\Mods\My Mods\edits. Ofcourse inside this folder you create a new folder named data and then follow the file structure that we know from the original Rome total war.

Following houseofHam's guides to the T gets me a script that works when running the game for the first time and starting a new campaign. As soon as I load a save the advisor trigger doesn't work anymore. So I restart the game and start a new game to see if loading a save is the problem..... and nope the mod doesn't work at all anymore. I dont have enough of an understanding of scripting rome total war to adjust houseofHam's guide to still make it work and I'm stumped as to how to debug this, plz halp :S

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: TW: Rome remastered Scripting 4 turns per year

They may have changed the triggers for this within the adviser. If that is the case it's up to a brave new modding pioneer to discover and lead the way!
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Kurry's Avatar Civis

I have tested the triggers and have been able to trigger the background.script sucessfully using either the faction button or selecting a settlement so triggering the script works(for some reason the automatic declare_show_me doesn't work) but the script itself doesn't work. despite the script telling the game to change seasons like: summer-summer-summer-winter the game still changes the season every turn like: summer-winter-summer-winter which makes the generals age as usual(2 turns per year) while the date DOES only change every 4 turns. the other two triggers(construction button and recruitment button) don't seem to work. It seems enough important things have been slightly adjusted for this type of scripting to still work? Not sure.

Just saw this mentioned elsewhere, I haven't tried yet but sounds like they managed it:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2483191220

Kurry's Avatar Civis

Oh wow, very nice. Thanks for the heads up looks like he made it work with some adjustments for remastered.

can i download this mod to use it outside steam? im trying to download it with the steamdownloader but i cannot. It gives me an error "Steam Api doesn't return the URL to download the file +_+" and "
    download failed: download unsupported by game"

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Just saw this mentioned elsewhere, I haven't tried yet but sounds like they managed it:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2483191220
    I can't access the link? I used the Rome Remasterd XTPY supplied tool, and it still does not work.