Thread: 4TPY & 12TPY Submods for SS6.4

Default 4TPY & 12TPY Submods for SS6.4

DESCRIPTION

I created the 12TPY version for personal use, and as it seems to regularly get requested on these forums, I've uploaded it here along with a 4TPY version for those who wish it.

This submod requires Stainless Steel version 6.4 (Melooo182 bugfix version) and functions only for the Late Era Campaign.

This submod changes the main campaign from 1-turn-per-year to 4-turns-per-year or 12-turns-per-year, causing each turn to take one season or month respectively. Generals will age slower and game events such as those that unlock new tech are also delayed until their proper year.

Because only winter and summer exist as coded seasons on the campaign map, they are broken up as follows:

4TPY
    Spring: summer
    Summer: summer
    Autumn: summer
    Winter: winter

12TPY
    Jan: winter
    Feb: winter
    Mar: winter
    Apr: summer
    May: summer
    Jun: summer
    Jul: summer
    Aug: summer
    Sep: summer
    Oct: summer
    Nov: winter
    Dec: winter

Generals / characters will age 1 year every Winter in the 4TPY version and every Dec in the 12TPY version

INSTALLATION

Download hosted on filehosting.org
    https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...4TPY_12TPY.rar (defunct)

New Download Location 22 July 2022
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...H9OlDB5ifdIMyN

^--- This is my personal google drive as I was having trouble keeping the file hosted elsewhere without it getting taken down due to low traffic, just right click the file and download...

Open either the 4TPY or 12TPY folder depending on the version you want to use, and paste or drag-and-drop the files 'campaign_script' and 'desc_strat' into...

...data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

...within your Stainless Steel mod folder, wherever you've installed it.

When asked to overwrite click Yes to both. Create backups of both those files first if you value them.

COMPATABILITY

- Not save game compatible, this will only work for a new campaign.
    - Not compatible with any mods which edit either of the files 'campaign_script' or 'desc_strat'. Generally speaking that should only include submods that alter the strategy map such as the units and territories that factions start with, etc, but should not affect submods that add units, reskins, or do not alter the campaign overview.

ISSUES

- On the first turn of your new campaign the month/season may not match the campaign map (eg; it reads 1220 Summer but the map has snow). This will correct itself after the first turn ends.
    - This submod was designed for a 'permanent watchtowers' campaign and will add those regardless of the settings you selected when installing SS.

CREDIT

- The Stainless Steel team without which this submod would not exist
    - GrnEyedDvl for helpful info in the modders resource forums on how to edit turns-per-year and proper ageing of generals in Medieval 2
    - Total War Center and its forums for hosting this community
    Last edited by Lin117; July 22, 2022 at 03:17 PM.

Default Re: 4TPY & 12TPY Submods for SS6.4

I tried that File Hosting a couple times today, but never received any email with the DL link.

Has anyone else managed to DL this at the link provided?

I can put the file up somewhere else if you have any suggestions on a better hosting site.

Afraid not, I've never uploaded anything. I DL a lot of stuff for different games, but they all seem to come with various headaches. This mod seems like a nifty little addition. Does it work on most SS subs, or are there any specifically it "won"t" work with?

I've added a new upload on a different site, maybe it will work better. The link is only temporary however, it's hard to find a free uploading site without an expiry on the link.

https://gofile.io/d/JDN519

As for the submod; it will work with any submod that does not alter the files "campaign_script" or "descr_strat".

campaign_script is largely responsible for what happens "in between turns", such as generals ageing, events occurring, some economic stuff, etc.

descr_strat largely determines what the layout of the campaign map looks like at the start of a new campaign, such as what factions start with what cities, what year the campaign starts in, and so on.

Mods which would need to alter either of those two files would not be compatible with my submod. Off the top of my head, large overhaul ones such as SSHIP come to mind. I don't use any submods with SS myself, though, so it's hard to name many off the top of my head.

Got it! No issues. Thanks for the re-upload. Sort of figured it wouldn't fly with major overhaul mods. I also enjoy the pedestrian version of SS and can use it on that so it's a keeper. Thanks again.

A beautiful mod. It works great so far.

So cool! Is it at all possible to make it 24TPY and make events like the arrival of the Mongols happen based on turns rather than years, or, at the very least, move up the year when they arrive (e.g., Mongols by the third year of gameplay rather than the 10,000th, haha!) Oh, lastly, could you somehow make this work for early era SS 6.4?

I also don't really care for watchtowers, but I guess they couldn't be removed in this.

Lastly, you say not to mess with the descr_strat portion, but what of playing factions one can't play off the start of the game, like the Rebels? Or what if one gives Rebel territory to another faction and mods it that way? Lastly, will this script work for hotseat mode in SS 6.4?

For anybody having trouble with the filehosting page. I found the downloadlink in my spam folder.

hi, i have previously managed to download a mod for 2 turn per year. since i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. now it doesnt seem to exist anywhere. i think i have searched every thread on this forum for stainless steel year per turn. and i cannot find it anywhere and i can also not get through to your link. the original was downloaded but then it will never open. and i have no idea about where to change it in the script. just wondering if you have another download link or know of somewhere else that i can find it

Hi Lin117.
    Thank you for your time and effort in making this TPY Mod. Can you make a version compatible with Gigantus SS6.4 and Meloo 1.27 fix all in one install. found here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eam-compatible

If anyone is interested I did a quick 12tpy version that is compatible with early campaign for Gigantus SS6.4 and Meloo 1.27 fix all in one install. found here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eam-compatible just remember to back up your files. Install into Medieval II Total War\mods\ss6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

I have steam and copied the 2 files from 4tpy into the folder in SS 6.4 but the campaign isnt starting.I try picking for example the teutonic order and it brings me back to the starting screen.(where you pick from late era campaign historical battles custom battles etc).What can i do to make the 4tpy work?The only other mod i have installed is Third age total war.

Sorry I haven't checked this forum in awhile and for some reason TWCenter hasn't been emailing me of PMs or subscribed threads even though I'd set it to do so, though I checked this thread on a whim because it was about time for my annual SS playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by shent99 View Post
    hi, i have previously managed to download a mod for 2 turn per year. since i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. now it doesnt seem to exist anywhere. i think i have searched every thread on this forum for stainless steel year per turn. and i cannot find it anywhere and i can also not get through to your link. the original was downloaded but then it will never open. and i have no idea about where to change it in the script. just wondering if you have another download link or know of somewhere else that i can find it
    Sorry I've had a lot of trouble keeping the file actually hosted as a lot of the free hosting locations take down things not downloaded for 30 days straight. I've finally realized the easy solution to this is just to make the file accessible on my personal google drive. You can get it directly off my google drive now here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...H9OlDB5ifdIMyN

Just right click on the file and download. It's a .rar so you'll need winrar or whatever unpacker you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Yitz View Post
    So cool! Is it at all possible to make it 24TPY and make events like the arrival of the Mongols happen based on turns rather than years, or, at the very least, move up the year when they arrive (e.g., Mongols by the third year of gameplay rather than the 10,000th, haha!) Oh, lastly, could you somehow make this work for early era SS 6.4?

I also don't really care for watchtowers, but I guess they couldn't be removed in this.
    I could maybe make an early campaign version, though it would need its own 'campaign_script' and 'desc_strat' files from scratch. I chose late era campaign to do this with, because at 12TPY it's already 12x longer than the base SS campaign. With a 24TPY early start campaign, 500 turns into the game you would have only passed 20 in-game years, you'd essentially never see any of the events that unlock new tech and would be relegated to spear levy and mailed knights the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_D View Post
    Hi Lin117.
    Thank you for your time and effort in making this TPY Mod. Can you make a version compatible with Gigantus SS6.4 and Meloo 1.27 fix all in one install. found here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eam-compatible
    Is it not already compatible? It should be, that's the version I'm playing and built the mod from.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggolos View Post
    I have steam and copied the 2 files from 4tpy into the folder in SS 6.4 but the campaign isnt starting.I try picking for example the teutonic order and it brings me back to the starting screen.(where you pick from late era campaign historical battles custom battles etc).What can i do to make the 4tpy work?The only other mod i have installed is Third age total war.
    Oddly enough this started happening to my on my new desktop but not the laptop I built the mod on. I'm wondering if I used a particular setting in the SS Setup when first building the mod that I didn't select when installing a second time. I'll have to fool around a little and see what particular settings I used on the original install that I've overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lin117 View Post
    Oddly enough this started happening to my on my new desktop but not the laptop I built the mod on. I'm wondering if I used a particular setting in the SS Setup when first building the mod that I didn't select when installing a second time. I'll have to fool around a little and see what particular settings I used on the original install that I've overlooked.
    So what became of this? Have you found a solution? The issue still persists for me and I really hope to be able to use this submod.

Laetus

any chance this will get fixed?

All my characters stopped aging altogether, which is kinda funny but gamebreaking. Anyone has a workaround for this?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I missed this thread unfortunately or I would have suggested TWC Downloads, which does not delete files just because they haven't been used for a while and is good for projects up to 100mb in size (obviously, this qualifies).

Unfortunately the creator has not logged in since February, hopefully there will be a return or someone steps up to the plate.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?