Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faction difficulty rating overhaul

Default Re: Faction difficulty rating overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    1. Dependent Nations can only be built in the following areas on the map:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2. Tributary Nations can be built in any place with 25% PT or more. (Is the settlement in Wales at least town level?)

3. Oh, it looks like the Pomeranian Cavalry are only avaliable with Confederate and Dependent Nations which are coincidentally only avalible after the Przeworsk Stabilization which is also the time when all Pomeranian units are supposed to disappear from the recruitment pools, there are no issues with Client state or other factional recruitment though, weird...

The loss of Pomeranian recruitment is intentional as the indigenous Baltic influences got displaced by the emergent Jastorf and Przeworsk cultures by the time of the Przeworsk Stabilization which was a seismic change in the region.
    Thanks for the info. I will check Wales settlement, and revert back. Dependent nation in Dunopalator is contructable but shows no unit recruitment (maybe bug?), i will build it, and see if recruitment pool dissapeared. Fantastic time to lay my hands on Ankyra !!! (hope i will be able to hold it though, distance + zero to none PT). Frijondlika Fulka in Zikideva, but not in Histria ? Any context why ? It seems to me, it should have it because of amber route building.

Default Re: Faction difficulty rating overhaul

I nominate Pahlava difficulty as hard.

Pahlava starting position are massively improved compare to EB1 your starting and your only region are already quite wealthy but while you are forced to expand early, your first opponent are lightly guarded Arche Seleukia territories.

The Seleucid are too focused with the Ptoleamy to ever deal with you so you could expand into territories you need to conquer for refrom with much ease, certainly much more ease than your usual Eleutheroi with their full stack!

Once you conquer Parthia region your economy should already increasing and most likely Seleucid are still distracted and you could push all the way into Media but after Parthia you could take your time to recover if you want because Parthia region are very wealthy. Pastoral are some of the most profitable farm economy then combined with one of the wealthiest mines region your economy would break 100.000 very easily.

And finally as a nomad faction you are granted with goverment building with large manpower pool. Unlike other nomad your starting region and expansion means you cannot rely on horse herd like most nomad and while it's still possible for full stack cavalry army, Parthia could opt for combine arms army instead like settled faction would. And of course unlike other nomad Parthia are wealthy enough that they can push their large manpower to the limit.

Your only challange but also your strength is that your starting army are nostly cavalry while all your battle would like just consisted of siege. You would have to get used to using large cavalry and small infantry to attack enemy city as Parthia or find a safe risk to auto resolve it instead but other than that but once you pass that you could enjoy steamrolling the game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12