Thread: Rome Remastered: Classic user interface for battles and campaign?

Default Rome Remastered: Classic user interface for battles and campaign?

Hello

The user interface of Rome Remastered compared to the original is of course different. It seems like you are playing a game of paradox. In my opinion, the interface in combat and on the campaign map has become unnecessarily complicated. Of course there are new features that I also appreciate, but the old interface is much clearer.
    Are there one or more modders who can somehow mod the remastered surface, including the new functions, into the old, clear structure? In particular, the menu of a city or the units in a battle was made more comfortable in the old Rome Total War. For example: move the minimap back to its old position in battle?

A classic user interface would be really great, perhaps as a switch version or a mod?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Rome Remastered: Classic user interface for battles and campaign?

I doubt this is possible without a cfg option. UI is generally hard coded.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Some of the UI can be moved around by editing the .pos files in the ui_overrides folder. Replicating the original UI entirely would probably be quite challenging though, as the UI flow is hard coded

Quote Originally Posted by AKAfreaky View Post
    Some of the UI can be moved around by editing the .pos files in the ui_overrides folder. Replicating the original UI entirely would probably be quite challenging though, as the UI flow is hard coded
    OK. But maybe there is a modder who is nostalgic enough and appreciates the simplicity of the old user interface and wants to take on the challenge. Or you first try to move the simplest thing to the right place ...

It's just taken me two days to work out how to get the old option to select a custom campaign into the UI of the starting menu... as I've posted elsewhere "If I ever say I'm going anywhere near that menu again, please take me out and shoot me"

Quote Originally Posted by Hüter der Haine View Post
    OK. But maybe there is a modder who is nostalgic enough and appreciates the simplicity of the old user interface and wants to take on the challenge. Or you first try to move the simplest thing to the right place ...
    Here you have it

The mod is more of an improvement of the Feral one rather than true classic, recreating the old one is practically impossible because the flow and triggers of the UI are hardcoded.