Thread: reforms

Default reforms

Is there is a way to trigger reform w/o reaching emperium lvl5? im getting frustrated to capture that many cities with current supply systems. And also i would like to see emperium lvl growths with thechnology researched, hight lvl buildings built, military aliance forged... But for now is there any submods, cheats or tricks to trigger reform?

Default Re: reforms

Sadly I think the mechanisms in the game files to have imperium go up by other means don't work properly, at least last time I tested.

If you see the reforms guide, it will describe how to edit them. You need to change the imperium number to something lower.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Sadly I think the mechanisms in the game files to have imperium go up by other means don't work properly, at least last time I tested.

If you see the reforms guide, it will describe how to edit them. You need to change the imperium number to something lower.
    changed greek thorax to 4/120, still reform does not accure. Playing as pergamon 158 turn 4imp lvl atm. Or this change will work on new campaign only?

worked on new campaign, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pandor11 View Post
    worked on new campaign, thanks
    Should work on a any campingn

Another than that is idk why Greek reforms have imperium requirements because Greeks never got really big in this time period unlike rome. Probably is a balance reason

Quote Originally Posted by adityamars View Post
    Another than that is idk why Greek reforms have imperium requirements because Greeks never got really big in this time period unlike rome. Probably is a balance reason
    I agree.

I'm biased because I typically only play Athens or Rhodes, but I wish there was a way to remain small but still get the reforms as time goes on or after sustained contact with certain types of enemies or fighting styles. If I knew how to script, I would try to see if you could make reforms trigger based either on character, technologies, or imperium. For example, if a character with the right combination of traits (maybe high influence, cunning, and the political reformer skill?) and they have prevailed in X number of battles against X type of enemies, that character can trigger a political incident where reforms become possible. I'm thinking of Iphikrates and Marius specifically as a model.

Thanks Dresden for pointing out the Reform Guide. For my next playthrough, I'll change the imperium level to something lower for the reforms and then just impose house rules regarding making use of them early game.
    Last edited by Callicles; May 05, 2021 at 12:08 PM.

For each of the reforms, does any one know what the historical date would (or should) be? Marian reforms are easy, 107 BC, but when the team was creating the others, what dates came up?

Roman
    - Polybian Reform: 260BC?
    - Marian Reform: 107 BC
    - Imperial Reform: 32 BC?

Hellenic
    - Thureos Reform: 255 BC
    - Thorax Reform: 222 BC

Celtic
    -Neitos Reform: 150 BC?

Saka Rauka Special Reforms
    -?????

Royal Scythia Reforms
    -?????

Dacian Reforms
    -?????

Mauryan Reforms
    -?????

Median Reforms
    -?????

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Even for Marian reforms we dont have exact date as this was more of a process that was already in place.

All in all, there is no such thing as historical reform dates. Only once we can really put a date for is first Carthaginian reform in 255 BC.

For example thorax reform would be confirmed by around 166 BC during Parade at Daphne but could heave already taken place decades before or so around 200 BC.

Hence all reform dates are more gameplay based than history based.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod