Thread: Question about Governor's influence on public order

Default Question about Governor's influence on public order

As the title suggests, I was wondering exactly what attributes affect the "Governor's influence" bonus in public order. Is it chivalry or local popularity? Or a combination of both? Can the Governor's influence have a negative impact on public order if he is dreadful or has low local popularity? I've never seen that happen.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about Governor's influence on public order

A governor already has a (somewhat minor) basic influence on order. This then gets modified by some traits, ancillaries and attribute. This can be positive (eg chivalry as well as dread, curious as it sounds) and negative. Other then the attributes you can get positive as well as negative public order traits and ancillaries. You can get the effect details from the tool tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    A governor already has a (somewhat minor) basic influence on order. This then gets modified by some traits, ancillaries and attribute. This can be positive (eg chivalry as well as dread, curious as it sounds) and negative. Other then the attributes you can get positive as well as negative public order traits and ancillaries. You can get the effect details from the tool tips.
    Does Dread give positive influence??

And where does the LocalPopularity attribute go if not to the Governor's Influence? What difference does it make in the game?

I don't know where it goes but popularity makes an effect. Generals who have the maximum ugly trait give -5 to popularity, I once had a governor cause a riot because of that. Wherever it goes it works.

Also note that piety can have a significant affect on Public Order. Pious generals make more money as governors but if the settlement is a different religion it increases unrest as well.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Dread = fear, that reduces common unrest.
    Piety reduces religious unrest, correct.

High chivalry or high dread both have a positive effect on public order. Some traits affect it - prim adds to unrest for example. You can check your governor's influence on the settlement details screen, where it will appear on the public order line (providing he has some influence).
    "War is an extension of diplomacy, but by other means." Karl von Clausewitz