Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome I Remastered - Return of the TW Fiasco Series

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Rome I Remastered - Return of the TW Fiasco Series

Rome Total War I Remastered was released this morning, and almost immediately there were overwhelming number reports by individuals who could not get the software to run, download, install, etc.

Myself preloaded the game, but at the release time when I clicked on play the game just dropped back to the Steam menu. ing piece of .

I have experienced release disasters before. I was there during the Empire TW debacle when the game would freeze and then refuse to load, and you lost all your save game files and time. Im not sure what happened during the Rome Total War II release, apparently I was knocked unconscious and when I woke up my wallet was gone.

The release of Rome Total War I Remastered will now rank up there with these monumental screw ups.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Rome I Remastered - Return of the TW Fiasco Series

You know, somehow I knew it CA would screw up with another game release.

If you ever wonder about the disastrous release of R2TW and want to know what you missed then watch this video.

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    You know, somehow I knew it CA would screw up with another game release.

If you ever wonder about the disastrous release of R2TW and want to know what you missed then watch this video.

I love it. I remember this review well and it encapsulates everything that was wrong with RTW2. Remember those glorious shots of Carthage before release?

Cant say much here as I cant even launch the ing game.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The game still had to download another 23 gigs of data after the play button became green. Many people did not pay attention and hit play immediately => corrupted installs or crash to desktop.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    The game still had to download another 23 gigs of data after the play button became green. Many people did not pay attention and hit play immediately => corrupted installs or crash to desktop.
    Well, one of the MANY issues with this game is that it apparently requires Windows 10. However, many Windows 10 users are reporting that they also cannot run the game.

​​

The House of Baltar

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

It must work if DL'ed properly, there's already a mod for it. 'RTR Imperium Surrectum.' A colab between RTR and RS. I'm led to believe those guys had access a week or two back.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I haven't had any issues with it so far tbh.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Key to remember is that this isn't a strictly CA work. Give it a few days, see where it goes. You can call it a disaster if there are core, reliable problems with the game after launch and if the issues are more widespread. If it was as bad as you make it out to be I'm pretty sure I'd see more complaints. Alas, I have not.

As much as the pitchfork is TWC's favorite and maybe only effective tool for the franchise these days, lets hold it back a little.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Aye, this very much screams of overreaction
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Commodus View Post
    Key to remember is that this isn't a strictly CA work. Give it a few days, see where it goes. You can call it a disaster if there are core, reliable problems with the game after launch and if the issues are more widespread. If it was as bad as you make it out to be I'm pretty sure I'd see more complaints. Alas, I have not.

As much as the pitchfork is TWC's favorite and maybe only effective tool for the franchise these days, lets hold it back a little.
    A few days? Are you kidding me?

I would say a couple of patches later then perhaps we (not me as I don't like Windows 10 nor do I run it) can play it as people should have been doing upon release.

Keep in mind that it took CA over 15 patches before R2TW become somewhat playable.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Keep in mind that it took CA over 15 patches before R2TW become somewhat playable.
    This is a weak comparison as the release is produced by Feral, not CA proper and Rome 2 is but one of an entire franchise of precedence to use, with Rome 2 an infamous example for the bottom of the list.

I'm happy to lend my criticism if there is evidence of truly widespread issue, which I do not have. The strongest claims I've seen are the mildly hot takes from this very thread. I'm happy to see substantive evidence aside from isolated incidents otherwise.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; April 30, 2021 at 07:00 AM.

Comparison to what?

The interface makes this game a complete disaster, and I don't think a few days are going to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    Well, one of the MANY issues with this game is that it apparently requires Windows 10. However, many Windows 10 users are reporting that they also cannot run the game.
    Nobody ever said it would run on any other kind of Windows.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    The interface makes this game a complete disaster, and I don't think a few days are going to fix that.
    I focused on general stability. UI, you probably get what you get with that unless they do a surprise UI toggle.

From what I understand it's a mixed impression overall.

Blog Entries

Nobody ever said it would run on any other kind of Windows
    Up until a few weeks before release the specifications only stated , "64-bit operating system", processor type, memory and graphics recommendations. When I pre-ordered I checked to make sure.

That seems like deception by omission. At the time it did not specify Windows 10.

Ironically, apparently it does not run on several versions of Windows 10 either.

​​

The House of Baltar

The specifications were not officially released until last week.

I focused on general stability. UI, you probably get what you get with that unless they do a surprise UI toggle.

From what I understand it's a mixed impression overall.
    Because of the designed for mobile UI
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; May 02, 2021 at 05:54 AM.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

RTW R currently stands at a Mixed view on Steam and also with a rather low number of reviews too (just 3000) of them.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

The mixed is because of the interface mostly. It's why I gave a thumbs down.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Found this from the devs, dated 30th April: (red highlight by me):
    We did not change the requirements from Windows 7

Hi all, I've seen this going around quite a lot and I want to address it.

We did not at any point have Windows 7 as the minimum requirement for the game.

I've checked our press releases, our initial placeholder minimum specs, our FAQ and even gone through all of our emails and at no point have we communicated that Windows 7 is able to run the game.

I realise that this is going to seem like my word against everyone else's and many won't believe it, but I do think this is an important thing to address and I do want to emphasise that this isn't something that we had done.

If you did buy thinking it would run on Windows 7, refunds are available and I'm sorry for the mistake, but this is not something that we did state on our side. Some websites do sometimes speculate specs, so it's possible it may have been elsewhere, but not from us or on any of our official platforms.

Also, if you do have any issues or bug reports, please do contact help@sega.com if you're on Windows or support@feralinteractive.com for Mac/Linux. We encourage players to attach a support report .txt file to their email when contacting support. This is generated on the Support tab of the pre-game Options window and provides a full output of the system, as well as any crash information.

That sucks and is a slap into the face IMO.

Feral or CA/SEGA should relaunch RTW-R with full support for Windows 7, otherwise what's the point of making a game that relies on an old engine on Windows 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast