Thread: How to install 3ds Max 2010... in 2021 (and beyond)

Icon6 How to install 3ds Max 2010... in 2021 (and beyond)

Since we have a hard dependency on 3ds Max 2010 for modding S2TW when it comes to maps, models etc. I thought it would be good for our community to know that a virtual version of its DVD-ROM installer is now available from the Internet Archive. Link is below:

Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 (Software)(Autodesk)(128B1 05A001 P401A)(2009) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Happy modding, everyone!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to install 3ds Max 2010... in 2021 (and beyond)

This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing this
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Important news on this topic: I found out that after running this installer, you can only run 3ds Max 2010 on a strict 30-day trial period. I discovered that Autodesk doesn't have a way anymore to activate the software after the trial period. And unfortunately, from personal experience, I've not been successful in finding a way to reset the 30-day trial period somehow; I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3ds Max 2010, but that was unsuccessful.

Seems like any new Shogun 2 map modders will have to get upskilled in 3ds Max and do all the changes they would ever want to make in a 30-day sprint, or... we just have to shrug our shoulders and move on. It's a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by socialgenius1 View Post
    Important news on this topic: I found out that after running this installer, you can only run 3ds Max 2010 on a strict 30-day trial period. I discovered that Autodesk doesn't have a way anymore to activate the software after the trial period. And unfortunately, from personal experience, I've not been successful in finding a way to reset the 30-day trial period somehow; I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3ds Max 2010, but that was unsuccessful.

Seems like any new Shogun 2 map modders will have to get upskilled in 3ds Max and do all the changes they would ever want to make in a 30-day sprint, or... we just have to shrug our shoulders and move on. It's a damn shame.
    This is why you need activate it with an activator. yes i know, it's not really correct. But you got no other choice. I try to buy 3ds max 2010, it's just not possible otherwise. This is what i do not like from Autodesk. Unlike C4D, you can only go back 2 versions before and that's it. The only way is the that tool makers create a software that you can convert it directly from any 3d software. But alas, no one made one. I know Phazer made a tool to convert a 3d file (fbx, obj....) to a game readable format. But that's only for R2TW, ATW, etc...I was hoping he made one for S2TW, but he didn't so...That's what we got sadly.