Thread: How do I change the campaign script to get colonies each turn instead of once every 4 years?

Default How do I change the campaign script to get colonies each turn instead of once every 4 years?

While I really enjoy EB2 I unfortunately don't have the time to play several hundred turn campaigns so am looking for a way to speed the game up a bit. I've decreased build times and pushed all faction reforms closer to the start of the game but one thing I cannot figure out is how to get colonies to spawn more than the default 1 colony building every 16 turns. I'd like to set this up so that both AI and human players will be able to set up and upgrade colonies each turn, if anyone with some script knowledge could assist I'd really appreciate it!

Default Re: How do I change the campaign script to get colonies each turn instead of once every 4 years?

You need the Colony Management section of the script. For the Hellenistic factions and Carthage, delete this row:

Code:
            and I_EventCounter ecOlympicYear > 0			; every four years
    For the Romans, you need to change all of these lines:

Code:
            inc_counter RomanColonyPoints -16
    From -16 to -4.

Note the AI doesn't need any help in this regard, they don't collect colony points. As long as they have 5 or more settlements, they can put as many colonies down as qualify for the other conditions.

Default Re: How do I change the campaign script to get colonies each turn instead of once every 4 years?

Thanks Quintus! I actually ended up figuring it out myself before I saw this but I appreciate it all the same.